Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does everyone hate South Floyd?
Everyone lets try to stop using retarded and like words.

This just isn't a word that needs to be used period but when you add the fact that we have members on the board that have family that are mentally challenged and we should give them some respect. Thanks.
"themanthelegend" Wrote:thanx catdawg

NP anytime.
Well nowadays I cant b/c of all the "SF THREADS"

PLEASE READ ABOVE!
"CatDawg" Wrote:Everyone lets try to stop using retarded and like words.

This just isn't a word that needs to be used period but when you add the fact that we have members on the board that have family that are mentally challenged and we should give them some respect. Thanks.

I just seen ur post after I posted mine. My bad CD
No problem I've been guilty myself at times.
"-STAT-" Wrote:Well nowadays I cant b/c of all the "SF THREADS"

PLEASE READ ABOVE!
read what?????????
I do not think that anyone really "hates" South Floyd as much as they are indifferent to them.
"themanthelegend" Wrote:read what?????????

Post 31 I edited the post by Stat.
I think there should be a close eye kept on this thread. It could get way outta hand. quick
Thanks and Noted Stat. Been waiting for that actually.
"-STAT-" Wrote:I think there should be a close eye kept on this thread. It could get way outta hand. quick

Trust me, we are watching this one very close.

:no:
Hello BJ.
When I played we hated Paintsville, big rivals. We hated the city, the people, the players, anything and everything that had to do with paintsville.(this is in the 70's) And then after we all gradutated and ended up at the same school alot of us became friends and had alot in common, And some with the I'm the greatist attitude never got along with anyone that I know of. So yes we say we "hate" another team and players. We really don't. We don't like the way they act on the floor but we don't really hate them because hate is a very strong word. Why did we think we "hated" Paintsville?
Everything from they think their better than us to one of the players hit on one of our girls.
i didnt maen for it to get out of hand i just wanted to know y ppl didnt like us i ment no harm about it.
No problem the thread is fine right now. Just that the BB threads sometimes get carried away. We'll watch it and try to keep it under control.
I think that hate is used often while in high school. I can remember how much I hated Pikeville while in school. Now I respect them and like to see them do great. Age helps with that a lot. I remember a time that I didn't want them to win at ping pong, and now I see that as crazy. I know that they along with the other teams make our area what it is. I am very supportive of all the teams now and enjoy the game.

:worthy:
Probably the same reason why they hate Paintsville, or Prestonsburg....I think it's a dumb post IMO. Who cares if you are hated on...I personally loved it when I played. Coming to town to hear the boos or just looking on sites just as this to see a lot of "smack" talking goin' back and forth. If someone takes the time to talk bad atleast they know about you and are thinking enough about you to say somethin'. They have great loyal fans, have ever since I remember watching them...but could go without some of the stuff on here...kinda gets old after a while.
Back in the day, i had the honor to play at one of the most hated and feared schools in eastern Kentucky, I had the pleasure of being booed everywhere I went, I had to sneak out of my house with my lettermen jacket because my Mother was so afraid that her little boy would get into trouble when he went to the movies or to a game as a fan.
We had a swagger, or a hop in our step when we played or when we went to cheer our classmates.
Teams from Belfry, Pikeville, Paintsville, South Floyd, Shelby Valley, Allen Central, Hazard, and Clay County all have haters because these teams have had periods where they have dominated a given sport.

When you win people look at you different, you are placed under a microscope and your every action becomes multiplied 10 fold. The kids, and fans from South Floyd are no different than the ones from any other area.

I hated, I mean really thought I hated our closest rival, when i went to college I wound up rooming with someone who ended my senior years basketball, and baseball season, we became the closest of friends. the next year I roomed with another of my most hated rivals and when our schools played in the dist tourny I had his shooting shirt on and he had my football jersey on. 25 years later our schools have consoladated and become another school all together.

In the grand scale of life its just sports, not war, the sun will come up and the future may hold strange roomates.
so to the South Floyds, Paintsvilles, Pburgs, Belfrys, Pikevilles, Valleys, and Hazards hold your head up wear your target with pride and show that the love of the game and the respect of your competitor will work all your indifferences out one day.
Doc
Or you end up marrying one of those you hate.
"themanthelegend" Wrote:i was just wondering why everyone wants to beat us so bad and why alot of ppl talk bad about us in other posts.

It's not as bad as everyone wanting to beat Paintsville and everyone talking bad about them, always has been that way and always will be that way.
Paintsville gets talked about because THEY ARE THE MOST OVERRATED TEAM ANYBODY ON THIS SITE HAS SEEN!!!.. They got the potential to be good in the next year or 2...not this year
I will tell you why, because you South Floyd fans NEVER GIVE ANYTHING A REST! You all have the best of everything apparently, best statisticians, best fullback of all time in the mountains. When you all lose you are cheated because they fouled out Doug, or you didn't win the football games because Elmer got hurt. Just ridiculoud posts and now you cry because everyone hates you. BOO-HOO!
But then again, being hated by everyone could mean everyone else is jealous. I mean, SF has been pretty dominate in their region.
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:But then again, being hated by everyone could mean everyone else is jealous. I mean, SF has been pretty dominate in their region.

1 Regional Title and 5 straight 10 loss seasons is dominant in the region? Although I do give them credit for winning the All A the last two years, but other than that they've not dominated by any means...
"alfus21" Wrote:1 Regional Title and 5 straight 10 loss seasons is dominant in the region? Although I do give them credit for winning the All A the last two years, but other than that they've not dominated by any means...
They might have had losing seasons, but they seem to always win the districts. When was the last time SF didnt make it to the regional tourney?
"Doc Holliday" Wrote:Back in the day, i had the honor to play at one of the most hated and feared schools in eastern Kentucky, I had the pleasure of being booed everywhere I went, I had to sneak out of my house with my lettermen jacket because my Mother was so afraid that her little boy would get into trouble when he went to the movies or to a game as a fan.
We had a swagger, or a hop in our step when we played or when we went to cheer our classmates.
Teams from Belfry, Pikeville, Paintsville, South Floyd, Shelby Valley, Allen Central, Hazard, and Clay County all have haters because these teams have had periods where they have dominated a given sport.

When you win people look at you different, you are placed under a microscope and your every action becomes multiplied 10 fold. The kids, and fans from South Floyd are no different than the ones from any other area.

I hated, I mean really thought I hated our closest rival, when i went to college I wound up rooming with someone who ended my senior years basketball, and baseball season, we became the closest of friends. the next year I roomed with another of my most hated rivals and when our schools played in the dist tourny I had his shooting shirt on and he had my football jersey on. 25 years later our schools have consoladated and become another school all together.

In the grand scale of life its just sports, not war, the sun will come up and the future may hold strange roomates.
so to the South Floyds, Paintsvilles, Pburgs, Belfrys, Pikevilles, Valleys, and Hazards hold your head up wear your target with pride and show that the love of the game and the respect of your competitor will work all your indifferences out one day.
Doc
Great post doc :Thumbs:
Easy since the 99-00 season
1 15th regional title
3 All"A" titles
2 All"A"runner-ups
5 District Titles out of 6 this year has not happened yet
5 conference Titles
6 college signes in basketball

Alfus 20 wins season are easy to come by when you play cupcakes like a lot of team since 99-00 they have played the hardest schedule every year of any team. Michael, Rusty, Tyler everyone in the region like them or not knew who they where and knew they where better then most and mikey four 4 years was better then anyone and his stats backed it up, his senior class never lost a district title
I like South Floyd.
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:They might have had losing seasons, but they seem to always win the districts. When was the last time SF didnt make it to the regional tourney?

I dont feel like looking to be honest, but making it to the regional title isn't dominating the region..Maybe you meant to say they dominate their district
"double-taildog" Wrote:Easy since the 99-00 season
1 15th regional title
3 All"A" titles
2 All"A"runner-ups
5 District Titles out of 6 this year has not happened yet
5 conference Titles
6 college signes in basketball

Alfus 20 wins season are easy to come by when you play cupcakes like a lot of team since 99-00 they have played the hardest schedule every year of any team. Michael, Rusty, Tyler everyone in the region like them or not knew who they where and knew they where better then most and mikey four 4 years was better then anyone and his stats backed it up, his senior class never lost a district title

They've not dominated..Simple as that...