Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell County 33 Knox Central 0
The Lakers win their second District title in a row. Only allowing the Panthers 9 first downs & 136 yards of offense.

Congrats Lakers.
Wow!
After Diamond went down Did Knox go straight wildcat or did they bring the third string Quarterback in.
Not really "WOW" as Knox was playing without some very key players. Lakers took care of business but Knox came in limping. Way to take care of business Lakers, and sorry about all the hard luck Panthers. Prayers for the Diamond Family.
They played the 3rd string Qb, and he did a pretty good job. The Lakers just weren't giving up anything on the ground.
Congrats Lakers. What happened to first team quarterback for Panthers?
He was injured late last week.
Congratulations Lakers on your victory!!

Sure hope Diamond is okay!!
Congrates lakers!!
The Lakers came out ready to play. Knox played hard but were outmanned especially after tonight's injuries. Our defense was flying to the ball. The line on both sides played well. Fletcher and Ellis ran hard. Mann made a great catch for a touchdown as well! Way to go lakers! Back to back district champs!!!:1:

Diamond is in our prayers, keep us updated on how he is doing?
This was one game if will have a lot of trouble trying to figure out what the refs where thinking. Not taking nothing from Russell but those refs should never be allowed to ref again.

1 pass interference call that's not a automatic first down? :lame:
2 whats with a holding on is on kickoff and the let Russell re kick it?? :lame:
3 Russell going for extra point we make them jump and then they call us for a unsportsmanlike penalty?? :lame: again!!!

One thing for sure it's hard as hell to beat a team and refs too!
This was just the worst game I have ever seen.
What happened to Diamond?
Now for the hit on Diamond. That was just totally bs the kid was down and the hit in the head by just a cheap shot. That #6 for Russell should never be on the field again. There is no place in football for plays like that. I understand football is a contact sport but plays like that should never happen. Hitting a player that is already down leading with the head. Just plain cheap.
Special thanks to Granny Bear, Skully03,LeeCoUKFan, and #1 Blackcat fan for all yor prayers for this young man and his family. For those of you who don't know Football1 is his father.
Right now the only thing we know for sure is he has a concussion. As far as I know he is still at Russell county hospital.
panther nation Wrote:Now for the hit on Diamond. That was just totally bs the kid was down and the hit in the head by just a cheap shot. That #6 for Russell should never be on the field again. There is no place in football for plays like that. I understand football is a contact sport but plays like that should never happen. Hitting a player that is already down leading with the head. Just plain cheap.

It wasn't #6 that hit him in the head. Casey left his feet and the first hit caused him to spin and the second player had already left his feet to hit him......as Casey spun around they hit helmet to helmet. It was one of the most violent hits I've ever seen in a high school game, and was totally unintentional. #6 did fall in late, but that was just from not being able to stop. I stayed home and watched this game onTV, and they showed it at least 10 times. There was no malice from the RC players, but it was a violent helmet to helmet blow. I hate to see players launch, but it is very common these days....this was just a horrible circumstance where Casey's momentum from the first hit made the second one worse. I assure you that the Russell County players, their families, and our fans are every bit as concerned about Casey as you are. He is going to be a very good football player.
^^
A player should never leave his feet like that to make a hit unless they are trying to hurt someone. That was just totally uncalled for.
The yellow hankies were flying tonight on both teams. It seemed like every time we made a big play it would be called back for a penalty. As far as number 1 goes that was a new rule put in to keep teams from just throwing it up hoping to get a first down on an interference call. (Questionable call anyway)
panther nation Wrote:^^
A player should never leave his feet like that to make a hit unless they are trying to hurt someone. That was just totally uncalled for.

I don't like it either, but it happens every game by every team. I think it's usually kids trying to make a play and it's probably one of the biggest causes of injury in football. But I don't think it was anyone trying to hurt someone. The same boy was helping KC players up after each play and smacking your players on the tail after the plays. He shouldnt have launched on the play, but he was going low and the helmet contact was unintentional.

The bigger concern is Casey's health. It was a very scary play, and I'm sure, like myself, most people's concern immediately became about him and not the game. It doesn't matter if you were wearing red and blue or blue and gold.....no one wants to see one of these kids hurt.
Casey is OK. He has a concussion. Scariest moment of my life. Thanks for prayers and kind words. God has blessed me this night to not be dealing with catastrophic injury. My friend Steve Warren is praying for his precious daughters life over cancer. I am simply thankful my son walked to the car.

Dave Diamond
I believe Russell County was penalized 70 yards and Knox Central was penalized 45.......just saying.
Glad to hear this news! I was really worried about him. Scariest thing I've ever seen on the football field. Can't imagine what it would be like for it to be your child. Praise The Lord that he walked out to the car..
Also injury note have heard anything about #4 Jacob Mills for Knox central. Looked like it was some kind of knee injury. Hope it's not that bad of a injur.
Not making excusses but I would have love to seen the out come of this game if KC hadn't had all the injuries going into this game. Don't know if it would have been diffenent or not but sure would have been interesting to see.

That darn injury bug has really bitten the panthers hard the past two weeks.

Last week.
Barger Qb - serperated shoulder
Hinkel DL/OL torn ACL
This week
Diamond Qb concussion
J Mills RB/LB knee
Gist RB/LB shoulder.

Hope we can get some of these boys back by the time playoffs start.
Glad to hear Casey is okay. It sounds like the Panther skill people are a walking mash unit.
We need to heal. Things will get better if these injuries heal just a bit. Russell is better right now. We had a rough night. Prayers for Diamond, glad he is ok. Hang in there Panthers.
I am really impressed by what RC has done over the past few seasons.
Something is being done the right way in Russell County.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I am really impressed by what RC has done over the past few seasons.

Have to admire what our coaches are doing, however, we do take a lot of criticism for our strength of schedule. Losing to an excellent Boyle County team 14-6 in the second round of the playoffs was considered a good showing by most. We will see what this years playoffs hold for the lakers.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I am really impressed by what RC has done over the past few seasons.

It has been fun to watch. I honestly feel like it started in 2009. An average Laker team with some good young athletes finished the regular season 5-5, but made the playoffs only to have to go play Lone Oak in Paducah. There was a lot of excitement around the playoffs and while the final score of that game was lop sided, the Lakers proceeded to put 27 points up against the ultimate 4A State Runner up, who lost to Boyle in 42-39 in the Championship.....Only Lexington Cath and Boyle scored more points against the Purple Flash that season.

In 2010, the Lakers went 6-4 and finished 3rd in the district. First round game we traveled to Hopkins County Central and on a bitterly cold November night proceeded to beat the Storm 27-6. We went on to play Allen County Scottsville the following week and had every chance to win but finally lost the game 24-15. Of course ACS went on to the championship game and lost to Boyle 21-14. So for the second year straight, the Lakers were ousted from the payoffs by the eventual state runner-up.

Of course in 2011, we moved from the west to the east and finished 9-1 with our lone loss coming to a "rock solid" Rockcastle team in an overtime classic.

It just so happens that the recent success of the Lakers coincides with the arrival of a talented freshman class that included Nick Britt. I think a lot of the excitement around the program is the result of how he performed on the field. He gave the Lakers an equalizer, and all of sudden we were competitive in games that we would have certainly lost without his talent. As the excitement grew, more and more boys began to come out for football, and the entire team, and perhaps the staff, began to take things much more seriously. As a result, the Lakers became a more and more complete team, and with the arrival of this current year's senior class, we had even more top notch athletes to spread the load.

I truly hope that the excitement around the program continues to grow, and we continue to get athletes on the field who are willing to put the work in to become the best football team we can put on the field. We have been fortunate to have players the last few season like the Manns, Fletchers, Lucas Williams, Blake Ellis, Nick Coffey, Matt Adams, and so man others on the team this year and coming the few seasons before, but I give must of the credit to Nick Britt who was a true statesman for Laker football, and was just as classy on the field as his performances were aw inspiring.

Anchor Down!
Well said, Laker 20, WELL SAID!!!