Poll: Belfry @ Harlan Co Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Harlan County
69.61%
Belfry
30.39%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Harlan County 9/6
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:[Image: http://www.tamug.edu/emergency/images/Po...lights.jpg]

thats Police lights Gut,whats them for to make sure Belfry gets in and out safe?i thought u said there would be emergency afternoon? if thats the case u need just red lights,lol, Belfry will be just fine, they need a taste of yalls Filthy animals so they can be ready to fight off some Yellowjackets come Dec..
cuppett777 Wrote:thats Police lights Gut,whats them for to make sure Belfry gets in and out safe?i thought u said there would be emergency afternoon? if thats the case u need just red lights,lol, Belfry will be just fine, they need a taste of yalls Filthy animals so they can be ready to fight off some Yellowjackets come Dec..

We won't worry about blue lights til the after party back in Pond Creek.
cuppett777 Wrote:well he shouldnt have quit and not worked out with them all summer as i heard he didnt,and then try to come back,not fair to the kids that busted there tails off in the off season,now if thats not true then i am sorry for that comment,but thats the word i heard..but yes they will probally miss him..

I did hear that he didn't work out in the off season, but before we are so quick to judge the young man we should think about ALL the players on that team. Do you think EVERY PLAYER on that team worked out in the off season? I don't think so and they were allowed to play. It was personal due to the incident that took place at the state championship game that Timmy was involved in. The kid was in the doghouse every since and everyone knows it. To be a Christian ran program by a God fearing Coach, I would think there would be some FORGIVENESS somewhere, but then again who am I to JUDGE. I am in no way endorsing his behavior or trying to be disrespectful to you Cuppett. I just think people should see both sides of the coin. It's water under the bridge now and no need to beat a dead horse. Hope I didn't offend anyone.
Doughboy304 Wrote:I did hear that he didn't work out in the off season, but before we are so quick to judge the young man we should think about ALL the players on that team. Do you think EVERY PLAYER on that team worked out in the off season? I don't think so and they were allowed to play. It was personal due to the incident that took place at the state championship game that Timmy was involved in. The kid was in the doghouse every since and everyone knows it. To be a Christian ran program by a God fearing Coach, I would think there would be some FORGIVENESS somewhere, but then again who am I to JUDGE. I am in no way endorsing his behavior or trying to be disrespectful to you Cuppett. I just think people should see both sides of the coin. It's water under the bridge now and no need to beat a dead horse. Hope I didn't offend anyone.

I do agree, we're going to miss Timmy a lot as the season progresses. However, I heard his issues were recurring. I respect the hell out of him for going to Phelps. A lot of kids would have wanted to "hit Belfry" or try to beat us, but Timmy showed class and respect by going to a school and stating he didn't want to play us. Coach Haywood's thinking probably is along the lines of if he lets one kid quit, they will all start.

I actually read in a book one time a story where Joe Paterno in his first season had a no drinking, at all, policy. Before the 1st or 2nd game he found two starters (I think a linebacker and a DT) drinking, and though it cost his defense big he still let them go from the team because character comes before football..

Now I'm not saying that is the case with Timmy, only what I've heard. The facts will probably never be heard, and almost certainly never be heard on here.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I do agree, we're going to miss Timmy a lot as the season progresses. However, I heard his issues were recurring. I respect the hell out of him for going to Phelps. A lot of kids would have wanted to "hit Belfry" or try to beat us, but Timmy showed class and respect by going to a school and stating he didn't want to play us. Coach Haywood's thinking probably is along the lines of if he lets one kid quit, they will all start.

I actually read in a book one time a story where Joe Paterno in his first season had a no drinking, at all, policy. Before the 1st or 2nd game he found two starters (I think a linebacker and a DT) drinking, and though it cost his defense big he still let them go from the team because character comes before football..

Now I'm not saying that is the case with Timmy, only what I've heard. The facts will probably never be heard, and almost certainly never be heard on here.

My view's are... not every player is going to fit with every program. Not saying that Timmy was a problem or that the Belfry program was a problem in that situation. Just saying that maybe the two were not a great fit for each other, and I personally hope that Timmy is fitting perfect with his new program... as I am sure the pirates are just fine without him.
cuppett777 Wrote:thats Police lights Gut,whats them for to make sure Belfry gets in and out safe?i thought u said there would be emergency afternoon? if thats the case u need just red lights,lol, Belfry will be just fine, they need a taste of yalls Filthy animals so they can be ready to fight off some Yellowjackets come Dec..

You dont know that.
Maybe in Australia its ambulance lights.
Hey Gut, do something productive for a change!!

See if you can find out the football thread, in all of BGR history, with the most posts. It's only Tuesday.

I think we can take the record!!!

Go Black Bears!!!
Granny Bear Wrote:Hey Gut, do something productive for a change!!

See if you can find out the football thread, in all of BGR history, with the most posts. It's only Tuesday.

I think we can take the record!!!

Go Black Bears!!!

We're good at breaking records over here! Ask Coach Hilton & Schneider!
You are so bad!!!!

Wink
Granny Bear Wrote:You are so bad!!!!

Wink

Oh Granny, you have no idea, you haven't even met me yet! Haha!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You dont know that.

Only problem with that is the game is in Harlan count Kentucky USA . Not Australia gut.:Thumbs:
Here's my .02, I'll be as candid as possble, FWIW:

- Whoever stated Belfry doesn't have talent like Harlan County earlier is out of their damn mind and obviously has not scouted this Belfry team. Noone in EKY has a better collection of skill players than Belfry.. this coming from someone who respects Harlan's skill players immensely.

- With that said, HC's OLine is light years ahead of Belfry's right now. I mean it really isn't even close. Right now Belfry has a "good" unit, but they will not come close to sniffing HC's level until November... if they ever even get there at all this season. The Black bear OLine is the best Line in the mountains with Johnson Central 2nd..then there is noone even close right now.

- Watching HC play Madison Central.. their defense is vulnerable. HC has damn fine LB'ers and some nice pieces on the DL.. but Belfry should have some sustained success against HC. Key word there is "some" because Harlan has something on defense that I am not seeing from Belfry yet in their Front 7...PLAYMAKERS. Belfry will move the ball, they will score some points...but HC has the guys who can make that one play that either turns Belfry over or ends a drive.

- I think Belfry has the edge in team speed and athleticism and by a fair clip at that.. but that's not what will win this game. Harlan has the edge where it matters in this match-up: Size, Depth, and Experience.

- Belfry's success hinges on their effectiveness passing the ball and how their young LB'ers and DE's respond after a shaky Week 1. Belfry needs Keaton Taylor back and they simply cannot drop passes when Warren puts it on the money. HC WILL force 3rd and 14.. or 2nd and 15 when the pass is needed. If the Pirates cannot protect Warren..or the receiving threats cannot hold on to the ball..this one will get ugly and quick. If Belfry can effectively hurt HC with their passing game then this whole game could take a drastic turn.

- The Chitwood kid is a fantastic player. May be the best overall football player on the field.

My prediction:

Harlan County 42
Belfry 21

Hope I am wrong. This is not a negative reflection of Belfry.but more of a glowing endorsement of the 2nd best 5A team in the State and potentially a top 10-15 team overall. Bears are loaded and Belfry simply is too green right now to matchup for 4 Quarters.
This will be a much better game than most people think. Belfry is a running team just like Harlan County. Could be a low/mid scoring game. Belfry is due to play good and playing Harlan will bring out the best in them I believe. Good luck to both teams.

Harlan County- 28
Belfry - 21
Doughboy304 Wrote:I did hear that he didn't work out in the off season, but before we are so quick to judge the young man we should think about ALL the players on that team. Do you think EVERY PLAYER on that team worked out in the off season? I don't think so and they were allowed to play. It was personal due to the incident that took place at the state championship game that Timmy was involved in. The kid was in the doghouse every since and everyone knows it. To be a Christian ran program by a God fearing Coach, I would think there would be some FORGIVENESS somewhere, but then again who am I to JUDGE. I am in no way endorsing his behavior or trying to be disrespectful to you Cuppett. I just think people should see both sides of the coin. It's water under the bridge now and no need to beat a dead horse. Hope I didn't offend anyone.

i hear u and thats why i said thats what i had heard and if theres more to it than i am sorry..
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You dont know that.

there not playing in Australia on friday night though,lol
Wow, EKUAlum05; I didn't realize you were so perceptive!!

- Whoever stated Belfry doesn't have talent like Harlan County earlier is out of their damn mind
That was Gut!!
Confusednicker:

- I think Belfry has the edge in team speed and athleticism and by a fair clip at that
Not sure about the speed comment, but respectfully disagree about the athleticism

Thank you for your positive comments about the Black Bears. I still say it will be a one score difference! I also still maintain this will be the best game all year!!!

Go Black Bears!!!
In my opinion, Belfry's offense isn't the question. The line has to show up to play, but the stable of halfbacks and athletes have a chance to keep this a game. The defense is where the Pirates have to step up and step up big. Arguably the best player on the defense, IMHO, is Hayden Hatfield. As far as best at his position, and that's tied with Sani Warren. At any rate, we know Hayden can play big against the pass and spread run but let's see if he can step up against the power run. I vote yes, he can. Rayquan Horton surely has to grow up quickly, but this kid is a smart football player that knows he's quicker than most offensive lineman that go in front of him. EKUAlum05 is exactly right though, Belfry's defense has no playmakers except for Sani Warren but we lack one in the front 7.

There's a smaller looking guy (looks like #12) on Harlan's defensive line who may give us fits. Quick as a cat and takes guards out of plays by playing low and stuffing as if he's a linebacker.
eagles2011 Wrote:How many wins and loss does Larky and Haywood have against each other ? I no they have not played since he's been at Harlan county . But did they ever play each other before ?

Only meeting was in 1992 in the Pike County Bowl.

Belfry 21
Rockcastle County 6
HC's on a whole other level.

HC 49
Belfry 6
This thread probably isnt even on the top 100 in terms of post for a football thread.
Wow! I'm surprised!!
If you all want to see a real prediction thread, check out the Bell/Lawrence thread from a few years back....
http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...hp?t=74550

Over a 1000 post in that one alone. LC fan thought they were going to give bell a run, but Bell beat them every form possible and blew them out.
Good Lord!! 1183 posts in that thread!!

That was 2009. Wish we had more of this rivalry/banter now.
^
The Knox Central/Lawrence game from the week before had 600 or 700 post in it, and LC barely won that one.
Well if Pirate1991#8 brings his hateful butt back here, we might have a fighting chance to at least crack the top 100!!!!
Granny Bear Wrote:Well if Pirate1991#8 brings his hateful butt back here, we might have a fighting chance to at least crack the top 100!!!!

Sorry Granny been out training the troops all mornin..i got this...lol
^
HC's got Belfrys number.
Your right Gut (for once)

HARLAN is on another level....sea level....Google it...
^
No need.
I paid attention in school.
^ well good since you paid attention in school with Raylan Givens, then you know that a Theory is supported by facts, that being said what facts do you have that makes your theory of Harlan being so much better than BELFRY.....(and don't say the filthy farm animal defense putting us in the emergency room) that's not a fact....a fact about that is our offense is bigger than The Bears Defense...i seen the scouting report....and the bears offense is bigger than our defense as a whole...that to me sounds on the same level...Now go back to the kitchen table and let your mommy help you with your homework...:biglmao:
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next