Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski Co. 41 - Somerset 13
Final from the Ray Correll Bowl!

No folks, that is not a typo! This game was all Maroons all the time!

Riley Hall looked like he was in mid season form. Aaron Smith scored 3 rushing TDs tonight! Briar Jumpers couldn't do anything with the Maroons running game other than a second half forced fumble on the 1 yd line.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Beat Down.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Beat Down. :ChairHit:

Let the crow be served!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Offensive player of the game goes to Caleb Cox of the Maroons and Defensive player of the game goes to Mason Helton of the Maroons.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
What now? Somerset now has the privilege of traveling to Belfry and taking on a true Powerhouse in EKY. Better get ready boys, I bet them boys on pond creek are ready to get started.
congrats to PC
Team Stats

Somerset: 11 1st Downs
29 Rushing Yards
204 Passing Yards
233 Total Yards
0 Turnovers

Pulaski Co.: 24 1st Downs
287 Rushing Yards
122 Passing Yards
409 Total Yards
1 Turnover
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Only 29 rushing yards by Somerset, wow.
Individual Stat Highlights

Somerset: Castle Hatcher 17/29 passing for 204 yds and 2TDs

Cam Cheuvront 71 rec yds 2 rec TDs

Pulaski Co.: Caleb Cox 143 rush yds for 2 TDs

Aaron Smith 13 rush yds for 3 TDs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Was at this game...PC dominated SHS...wow
Another interesting stat, Pulaski County rotated in 8 different running backs tonight!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Somerset's offensive and defensive lines were dominated tonight!!!! The RB's absolutely had no where to run. Our offense was horrible and didn't do anything until we went into scramble mode. Congrats to Pulaski on a big win and good luck going forward.
jumper1 Wrote:Somerset's offensive and defensive lines were dominated tonight!!!! The RB's absolutely had no where to run. Our offense was horrible and didn't do anything until we went into scramble mode. Congrats to Pulaski on a big win and good luck going forward.

I am hoping that Somerset can regroup this week and have a good showing against Belfry.

I will say that the one bright spot for Somerset was their hurry up offense. That's when they seemed to actually gain some good yardage.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wow!!!!!!!!! It's gonna be a long trip to belfry next week somerset definitely overrated
Oh wow! I would have never believed this would happen.
I don't think it's as much Somerset being overrated, as Pulaski being real good. I've never seen a beat down from beginning to end like I witnessed tonight!
I knew PC was good but didn't realize they were this good. Sounds like Somerset misses big Tyson.
Pulaski was far and away the better team. The Maroons just pushed Somerset around on both the offensive and defensive lines. If not for 2 turnovers by Pulaski (the radio forgot about an interception) it would have been a running clock. The offensive line looked disorganized, soft and slow. The defense looked soft across the board. I hope this was a case of the Briar Jumpers reading their press clippings and they get to work now. If they don't get a lot better real fast Belfry will run the clock on them next week before halftime. Pulaski has a nice team and will give Harlan County a run for the region.
Solid game by the Maroons! If they play this well they will challenge for the District and could go far in 5A this year.

Jumpers, well they got quite a bit to clean up.
Pulaski County was on all cylinders tonight.
Looks like Somerset will take another beating next week against the Belfry Pirates.
Wow I thought somerset would win this one for sure. Guess those boys from pc came ready to play. It don't get any easier next week for somerset next week either going over to belfry. That will be a tough one two.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Only 29 rushing yards by Somerset, wow.

Maybe if Somerset was starting the experienced senior Lange it would have helped?
playtowin Wrote:Maybe if Somerset was starting the experienced senior Lange it would have helped?

Not much. There was no blocking at all tonight. The only reason that Somerset did not have negative rushing yards was because Hatcher is such a good scrambler. That was the one poorest performance by an offensive line at Somerset that I can remember over the last 15 years. I said in the prediction thread that the offensive line play concerned me and those fears were well founded. They looked disorganized and extremely soft, none of the Somerset backs stood a chance running behind that line tonight.
Confusednicker:

I didnt know a team could score more than 30 on Somerset....
Pulaski is legit this year, and we seem to be a bit overrated to say the least. Jumpers have a long way to go. We are far from a 2A contender right now.
2a-v-5a hmmmmmmmm!!!!

:pondering:
ouch!
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:I am hoping that Somerset can regroup this week and have a good showing against Belfry.

I will say that the one bright spot for Somerset was their hurry up offense. That's when they seemed to actually gain some good yardage.

I believe they will play Belfry closer but that prediction is for the next pick'em Confusedhh: Confusednicker:
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Let the crow be served!

I'll take some Crow, sometimes a little does the body GOOD!!!! Pulaski is better that I thought, Somerset not quite so good. Somerset got whipped up front all night long. I think the Jumpers miss Williams, Slaughter, and Macgargle more than they thought they would. Hard to replace 3 like that. When Will Lang gets back and the Jumpers get healthy they will be fine unless they get beat to death with the Schedule they play, No Cupcakes anywhere. Good Luck Jumpers.:igiveup: