•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get Ready for Another G.O.P. Choke
TheRealThing Wrote:Or perhaps more to the point. Due to their own insecurities or the inability to understand basic civics, they would rather parrot party line rhetoric in lieu of having to develop their own opinion. There is safety in numbers and birds of a feather really do flock together.
Maybe they have their own opinion. Maybe their opinion doesn't jive with your guys "rich down" economics is all.
TheRealVille Wrote:Maybe they have their own opinion. Maybe their opinion doesn't jive with your guys "rich down" economics is all.

[Image: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kN1fN9ixrJE/T_...01+(a).jpg]
TheRealVille Wrote:Maybe they have their own opinion. Maybe their opinion doesn't jive with your guys "rich down" economics is all.

Well, that's one of the things that lets me know the hope that once characterized America's future has been lost to stupidity. When your guys are too ignorant to look at the very recent record to see how the proven formula for fiscal success works, I know it's a sad day for our country. Been to a book burning lately there RV?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Quote:Former Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, a Republican who was appointed to the position by George W. Bush, told CBS News on Saturday that he would have handled the situation in Benghazi the same way that the Obama administration did last September.
During an interview that aired on CBS’ Face the Nation on Sunday morning, Gates defended the administration’s reaction to the attacks in Libya and dismissed many of the criticisms leveled by his fellow Republicans as “cartoonish”:
“Frankly, had I been in the job at the time, I think my decisions would have been just as theirs were,” said Gates, now the chancellor of the College of William and Mary.
“We don’t have a ready force standing by in the Middle East, and so getting somebody there in a timely way would have been very difficult, if not impossible.” he explained.
Suggestions that we could have flown a fighter jet over the attackers to “scare them with the noise or something,” Gates said, ignored the “number of surface to air missiles that have disappeared from [former Libyan leader] Qaddafi’s arsenals.”
[...]
Another suggestion posed by some critics of the administration, to, as Gates said, “send some small number of special forces or other troops in without knowing what the environment is, without knowing what the threat is, without having any intelligence in terms of what is actually going on on the ground, would have been very dangerous.”
“It’s sort of a cartoonish impression of military capabilities and military forces,” he said. “The one thing that our forces are noted for is planning and preparation before we send people in harm’s way, and there just wasn’t time to do that.”
Gates also defended former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who has increasingly become the subject of Republican criticism. Gates responded with a simple and emphatic “no” when asked if he believed Clinton could possibly be involved in any sort of a cover up, as some Republicans have baselessly suggested.
Republicans have refused to put their Benghazi obsession to rest, focusing on discrepancies between talking points and agency infighting rather than addressing ways to prevent future attacks and finding out who was responsible for the deaths of Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other colleagues. Critics have accused Republicans of turning their Benghazi hearing into a political circus, trying to hang the attack on Hillary Clinton to hurt her chances of a possible run for the White House in 2016.
http://thinkprogress.org/security/2013/0...-benghazi/
^
Mr. Gates has been waiting to attack the repubs forever.
Seemed like he was ready to pull a trigger on Bush for years.
Dont know what that guys problem is
[quote=TheRealVille]

<<Former Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, a Republican who was appointed to the position by George W. Bush, told CBS News on Saturday that he would have handled the situation in Benghazi the same way that the Obama administration did last September.
During an interview that aired on CBS’ Face the Nation on Sunday morning, Gates defended the administration’s reaction to the attacks in Libya and dismissed many of the criticisms leveled by his fellow Republicans as “cartoonish”:
“Frankly, had I been in the job at the time, I think my decisions would have been just as theirs were,” said Gates, now the chancellor of the College of William and Mary.
“We don’t have a ready force standing by in the Middle East, and so getting somebody there in a timely way would have been very difficult, if not impossible.” he explained.
Suggestions that we could have flown a fighter jet over the attackers to “scare them with the noise or something,” Gates said, ignored the “number of surface to air missiles that have disappeared from [former Libyan leader] Qaddafi’s arsenals. >>

He's saying we couldn't send fighter jets because they may have surface to air missiles? Get him a big red nose and big shoes, he's a clown.....
And fighter jets do more than make noise, clown. Geez I really think you have to pass an idiot test to rise high in government.
Quote:
He's saying we couldn't send fighter jets because they may have surface to air missiles? Get him a big red nose and big shoes, he's a clown.....
And fighter jets do more than make noise, clown. Geez I really think you have to pass an idiot test to rise high in government.
It looks like people from both administrations, that likely know better than you or me, are saying it wasn't feasible to send jets. I'm not a military strategist, and I'd probably bet money you aren't either. I'm not being a smartass, just making an observation that regular people, like us, don't have the answers, or we would be very high up, taking care of military business.
Bottom line, conservatives in Washington, trying to divert attention away from them, for blocking every type of action the President tries, have found a "clown circus" ploy to try to take the heat off of them. I'd bet, in the end, it bites them in the ass.
WideMiddle03 Wrote:[Image: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kN1fN9ixrJE/T_...01+(a).jpg]

the business owner in the picture above is only making 1 millon a year and his employees are making 50 millon a year he's not a business owner in the united states
TheRealVille Wrote:Bottom line, conservatives in Washington, trying to divert attention away from them, for blocking every type of action the President tries, have found a "clown circus" ploy to try to take the heat off of them. I'd bet, in the end, it bites them in the ass.

No, they can take a break for a while now. What with all the conflicting testimony given in all kinds of venues, including that stellar performance at the UN.

I bet it doesn't.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Quote:[Image: http://www.freewoodpost.com/wp-content/u...Sharia.jpg]

Ansar al-Sharia, the militant Islamist and terrorist group linked to the attacks on the American Embassy in Benghazi, Libya, came out today to complain about all the blame going to President Obama instead of the group that actually murdered the Americans.

“We simply cannot understand why Republicans are focusing all of their hate on President Obama and not us, “said a spokesperson for the Libyan-based terror group.“It’s like they’re just not mad at us and that really hurts our feelings.”

Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA), who didn’t respond immediately at first, eventually responded to the comments.

“I understand your frustration, but I must spend every waking hour making sure that I can find any way to make president look bad and therefore protect the American people,” said Rep. Issa

Issa says that while he hates to take away Ansar al-Sharia’s press, he must continue to protect American lives by grilling Obama officials.

http://www.freewoodpost.com/2013/05/13/t...-on-obama/
TheRealVille Wrote:It looks like people from both administrations, that likely know better than you or me, are saying it wasn't feasible to send jets. I'm not a military strategist, and I'd probably bet money you aren't either. I'm not being a smartass, just making an observation that regular people, like us, don't have the answers, or we would be very high up, taking care of military business.

Again, you are fooled. If all the military strategists in the world say there is nothing that could have been done, then I am the best military strategist in the world.
22 January 2002 Calcutta, India Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami gunmen attack Consulate 5
14 June 2002 Karachi, Pakistan al-Qaeda truck bomb detonates outside Consulate (more details) 12
12 October 2002 Denpasar, Indonesia Consular Office bombed by Jemaah Islamiyah as part of the Bali bombings none
28 February 2003 Islamabad, Pakistan Unknown gunmen attack Embassy 2
30 June 2004 Tashkent, Uzbekistan Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan suicide bomber attacks Embassy 2
6 December 2004 Jeddah, Saudi Arabia al-Qaeda gunmen raid diplomatic compound 9
2 March 2006 Karachi, Pakistan Car bomb explodes outside Consulate 2
12 September 2006 Damascus, Syria Gunmen raid US Embassy 4
12 January 2007 Athens, Greece RPG Fired at Embassy by Revolutionary Struggle none
18 March 2008 Sana'a, Yemen Mortar attack against US Embassy 2
9 July 2008 Istanbul, Turkey Armed attack against Consulate (more details) 6
17 September 2008 Sana'a, Yemen Two car bombs outside US embassy in Yemeni capital

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorist_a...facilities
^ How many hearings did you guys request on those?
TheRealVille Wrote:^ How many hearings did you guys request on those?

1. How many hearings did your boys request?
2. How many ambassadors were murdered in those attacks?
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:1. How many hearings did your boys request?
:Thumbs: 3. How many videographers were falsely blamed for those attacks and thrown in jail?
4. How many opportunities did Bush have to save those lives, before deciding to do nothing - opting instead to go to bed early to rest up for a big day of fundraising - while American citizens were being butchered half a world away?
How many hearings did your guys request? How many diplomats died?

Ooh, ooh, I know :howdy: ZERO
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Ooh, ooh, I know :howdy: ZERO
Are Ambassadors the only ones worth saving during a Bush administration?
Hoot Gibson Wrote::Thumbs: 3. How many videographers were falsely blamed for those attacks and thrown in jail?
4. How many opportunities did Bush have to save those lives, before deciding to do nothing - opting instead to go to bed early to rest up for a big day of fundraising - while American citizens were being butchered half a world away?

The thought that keeps coming to mind when I am reminded about Obama going to bed and resting is this. What kind of a man could sleep when the fates of so many hung in the balance? Don't forget, there would have been many more lives lost had it not been for the heroic actions of Doherty and Woods. If I thought I was responsible for giving up American lives for the sake of a political campaign I'd still be up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:Are Ambassadors the only ones worth saving during a Bush administration?

How many Americans were killed as the result of the terror actions you posted?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:How many Americans were killed as the result of the terror actions you posted?
Considering they were at embassies, or consulates, probably more than you want to imagine. You add them up.

Quote:2000 - USS Cole attacked, 17 U.S. Navy sailors killed, 39 sailors injured.
2001 - September 11, 2001 attacks, 2,997 killed;
2002 - Reporter Daniel Pearl, kidnapped and beheaded in Karachi.
2002 - Nine people killed by bomb blast near US embassy in Lima - seen as attempt to disrupt forthcoming visit by President George W. Bush.
2002-2006 - Karachi consulate attacks: three separate attacks killed 18 people (including an American diplomat) and injured 87.
2002 - Two Marines shot, one killed in Kuwait.
2003 - Riyadh Compound Bombings kill 9 Americans, among 35 others.
2003 - Three American diplomats are killed by a roadside bomb targeting their convoy in Gaza. Palestine Resistance Committees, an umbrella organization has taken responsibility for the attack."[2]
2003–present - Damascus terrorist attacks: American interests in Syria targeted by Islamists.
2004 - Civilians Nick Berg, Jack Hensley, and Eugene Armstrong kidnapped and beheaded in Iraq.
2004 - Paul Marshall Johnson, Jr, civilian working in Saudi Arabia, kidnapped and beheaded; five other Americans die in attacks in Saudi Arabia in 2004.
2007 - American embassy attacked in Athens, Greece.
2008 - John Granville, US diplomat, assassinated in Khartoum, Sudan
TheRealVille Wrote:Considering they were at embassies, or consulates, probably more than you want to imagine. You add them up.

I'm tired of doing research for you. You back up some of your own claims for a change.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I'm tired of doing research for you. You back up some of your own claims for a change.

2000 - USS Cole attacked, 17 U.S. Navy sailors killed, 39 sailors injured.
2002 - Nine people killed by bomb blast near US embassy in Lima - seen as attempt to disrupt forthcoming visit by President George W. Bush.
2002-2006 - Karachi consulate attacks: three separate attacks killed 18 people (including an American diplomat) and injured 87.
2003 - Three American diplomats are killed by a roadside bomb targeting their convoy in Gaza. Palestine Resistance Committees, an umbrella organization has taken responsibility for the attack."[2]
2003–present - Damascus terrorist attacks: American interests in Syria targeted by Islamists.
2004 - Civilians Nick Berg, Jack Hensley, and Eugene Armstrong kidnapped and beheaded in Iraq.
2004 - Paul Marshall Johnson, Jr, civilian working in Saudi Arabia, kidnapped and beheaded; five other Americans die in attacks in Saudi Arabia in 2004.

That's just in the Bush years, there are more. You see why it's legal to call you a moron? That same quote is the one just above where you asked me to tell you how many were killed.
^ That's not a slight to the four that died. That's a point being made to show that all the 4486 soldiers deaths that conservatives conveniently don't put as much emphasis on, were just as important. There was no cry for that admins head over those lies, that caused those deaths.
TheRealVille Wrote:^ That's not a slight to the four that died. That's a point being made to show that all the 4486 soldiers deaths that conservatives conveniently don't put as much emphasis on, were just as important. There was no cry for that admins head over those lies, that caused those deaths.

In your opinion. How many threads do you intend to highjack with your obsession? And FWIW, whatever happens to administration officials as the result of their derelictions is past anything you or I can do about it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:2000 - USS Cole attacked, 17 U.S. Navy sailors killed, 39 sailors injured.

That's just in the Bush years, there are more. You see why it's legal to call you a moron? That same quote is the one just above where you asked me to tell you how many were killed.

You post scripted that and you know it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next