Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky's Antigua impressed with PG Owootoah
Now this is what I like to see, good luck to the kid!

http://zagsblog.com/articles/kentuckys-a...-owootoah/
Speaks volumes that Rhodes did the talking and not Antigua. And, what did you expect him to say? "No, the kid ain't worth a damn and can't play a lick"? lol

And if UK wants a kid, Cal shows up.
HD28 Wrote:Speaks volumes that Rhodes did the talking and not Antigua. And, what did you expect him to say? "No, the kid ain't worth a damn and can't play a lick"? lol

And if UK wants a kid, Cal shows up.

I know in the recruitment of Derek Willis, Antigua showed up several times before Cal got involved. As far as a coach commenting on a player (RECRUIT?), this is forbidden by the NCAA before receiving a signed letter of intent. I don't think anyone is gonna invade Cals' turf and steal players without the best recruiter in college basketball checking them out.
Antigua does tons of recruiting. Obviously you don't know much about it, lol. Don't often see these guys doing interviews for going to watch someone, no reason to start now.

Again, good for the kid.
Is this for a preferred walk-on spot or something?

UK can't have many scholarships left and I'm sure they're leaving one in the clip for Wiggins.
Wither way it goes - UK doesn't come down to Lotts Creek much. This is a big deal lol
Cal will be at Perry tonight to watch the Dunk Show. Beverly toooooo Johnson!!!!!!!! I predict Diesel will throw one down tonight to. Dores by 20.
vundy33 Wrote:Antigua does tons of recruiting. Obviously you don't know much about it, lol. Don't often see these guys doing interviews for going to watch someone, no reason to start now.

Again, good for the kid.

It seems as if YOU think you know it ALL...I know that this kid is well under 6'0 and UK has the #1 PG in the nation coming in. I know there's a very high likelihood that Harrow comes back. I doubt UK is gonna have 3 scholarship PGs on the roster. This kid is playing against slow, unathletic kids in the mountains. Tennessee has seen them Justice and ooowaooooootoooooooah and only offered one. And you can say what you want, when Cal wants someone HE goes to see them. Fact is, Rhodes has connections...this kid is getting looks from some of these schools because of those connections.
HD28 Wrote:It seems as if YOU think you know it ALL...I know that this kid is well under 6'0 and UK has the #1 PG in the nation coming in. I know there's a very high likelihood that Harrow comes back. I doubt UK is gonna have 3 scholarship PGs on the roster. This kid is playing against slow, unathletic kids in the mountains. Tennessee has seen them Justice and ooowaooooootoooooooah and only offered one. And you can say what you want, when Cal wants someone HE goes to see them. Fact is, Rhodes has connections...this kid is getting looks from some of these schools because of those connections.

:haters:
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:Cal will be at Perry tonight to watch the Dunk Show. Beverly toooooo Johnson!!!!!!!! I predict Diesel will throw one down tonight to. Dores by 20.

This a fact, or you just guessing??
Lol, HD28 how long you think the Harrison twins are gonna stay? Give ky credit for maybe picking up a kid that isn't just there to play ball then leave for the league after one season.
You know I am joking 12. I think Cal better be looking for a way to replace Nerlens Noel right now. Gonna take A LOT of work.
HD28 Wrote:It seems as if YOU think you know it ALL...I know that this kid is well under 6'0 and UK has the #1 PG in the nation coming in. I know there's a very high likelihood that Harrow comes back. I doubt UK is gonna have 3 scholarship PGs on the roster. This kid is playing against slow, unathletic kids in the mountains. Tennessee has seen them Justice and ooowaooooootoooooooah and only offered one. And you can say what you want, when Cal wants someone HE goes to see them. Fact is, Rhodes has connections...this kid is getting looks from some of these schools because of those connections.

Show me where I have said he could play at UK. I haven't, because I don't think he can. But I sure as heck like to see the kid getting the attention, any kid in the area, I don't care if they're originally from here or not. I prefer to support them getting ANY looks no matter what level it's coming from. The kids come first to me, Canadian or Kentuckian, I don't care.
KHSAA12 Wrote:Lol, HD28 how long you think the Harrison twins are gonna stay? Give ky credit for maybe picking up a kid that isn't just there to play ball then leave for the league after one season.

One year. And they are believed to be the leader for Mudiay. Cal will continue to get the #1 or #2 PG in the country year in year out.
vundy33 Wrote:Show me where I have said he could play at UK. I haven't, because I don't think he can. But I sure as heck like to see the kid getting the attention, any kid in the area, I don't care if they're originally from here or not. I prefer to support them getting ANY looks no matter what level it's coming from. The kids come first to me, Canadian or Kentuckian, I don't care.

Wow. What a "mature human being" (in the words of Barney Fife). You are a true philanthropist and humanitarian.
zaga_fan Wrote:Is this for a preferred walk-on spot or something?

UK can't have many scholarships left and I'm sure they're leaving one in the clip for Wiggins.

Almost has to be. Plus I believe UK wants to snatch 2 of the Aaron Gordon, Julius Randle, Andrew Wiggins trio.

HD28 Wrote:Wow. What a "mature human being" (in the words of Barney Fife). You are a true philanthropist and humanitarian.

Ooohh, you really got me with that one, gosh darn.
After watching him play if UK is after him then the programs going to drop off a lot hes NOT UK MATERIAL! Like it or not.
I don't think he is either. You know his numbers tonight, by chance?

Harrow is NOT coming back. Only player that has a slim chance would be Kyle. And him coming back will not help his draft status from this draft to next. Would be that he just wants to come back. Harrow will go to D-League or over seas. If, if he came back would be just mop up time behind Andrew and that isnt going to happen. Cal recruits the best of the best to not sit on the bench and start year in and year out. Is how he sells UK. Call it being pushed out the door or what have ya, but harrow will not be back next year.

Mix1...
ballboy Wrote:After watching him play if UK is after him then the programs going to drop off a lot hes NOT UK MATERIAL! Like it or not.

Program wouldnt drop off one bit. But he would never start a game at UK. Cal likes a tall pg to run the DD. Plus you have Polson as the primary backup and a local kid that is a fan fav. If Cal ever shows up to a game, then you can say UK is really interested. Cal is the wrap up man. Coach O is the one who gets in, scouts then makes connections with said player. Look at the '14 class. Jones is the #1 pg and yes, UK is recruiting him. But Cal is showing up at games for the #2 pg, Mudiay. Reason? Jones is 6' and Mudiay is 6'4". Jones is the #1 and is a backup option since it looks now that Mudiay is a UK lock. UK will get one of the top 2-3 pg in the nation year in and year out. Im not knocking on any local kids. This is how Cal recruits.

Mix1...
ballboy Wrote:After watching him play if UK is after him then the programs going to drop off a lot hes NOT UK MATERIAL! Like it or not.

KHSAA12 Wrote:Lol, HD28 how long you think the Harrison twins are gonna stay? Give ky credit for maybe picking up a kid that isn't just there to play ball then leave for the league after one season.

And this a agree with. Cal has to recruit kids that will play off the bench that are not that highly ranked. He saw that this year. BUT. Cal will not play no more than a 7-8 man rotation. And that he will not change. Has worked for him since back to Umass days. But if a kid wants to come in, sit on bench, and get 5mins a game, then hes more than welcome to come. If there is an open spot. Also Cal may see the 2 year rule coming into effect, I really doubt it will happen though, and take some lower ranking players because he will not get 3-4 top 10 players every year if so.

Mix1...
There is no chance Owootoah ends up at UK. If he ever goes anywhere D1 he can thank Rod Rhodes. I've never seen him play but the highlights are unimpressive. I hear that he is 5'8, 5'9 tops. Way overhyped. Kid isn't even proving anything in the mountains where 75% of the kids are unathletic to be nice.
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:There is no chance Owootoah ends up at UK. If he ever goes anywhere D1 he can thank Rod Rhodes. I've never seen him play but the highlights are unimpressive. I hear that he is 5'8, 5'9 tops. Way overhyped. Kid isn't even proving anything in the mountains where 75% of the kids are unathletic to be nice.

Also can thank Brandon Bender.

Mix1...
good story I dont care who it is if uk comes to eky to look at a kid that is great but from what I seen from last night beverly looked more d1 than owootoah. Owoothoah looks to good for his teammates he made some good plays but the other kids couldnt get a clear catch on any passes.
to be fair to the kid, he's only played 5-6 games this year and missed the past 2 weeks of practice with an injury. hard to live up to the hype when your 17, hurt, out of your county, and your not able to practice or play a hand full of games. has to be a lot of pressure with these college coaches coming in as well. He looked GREAT when i saw him play against knott, last night he had a bad game. the injury may be a factor.
^Ankle still isn't 100%. Tweaked it in the Leslie game which iI didn't even think he should have been playing in. But I agree Tailback44, Owootoah's passes aren't being caught by his teammates right now. They are right on the money to.
Im a PCC fan but you gotta give Owootoah his props, kid can flat out play. He didnt have a great game last night but that just happens to the best of us sometimes. He is a D1 PG and you will see that soon enough. He has the speed and quickness that it takes, he can get to the rim anytime he wants to, he shoots it good enough and has the best court vision of anyone you will ever see. This kid will do just fine at the next level. Good luck to him.
Mix1 Wrote:Program wouldnt drop off one bit. But he would never start a game at UK. Cal likes a tall pg to run the DD. Plus you have Polson as the primary backup and a local kid that is a fan fav. If Cal ever shows up to a game, then you can say UK is really interested. Cal is the wrap up man. Coach O is the one who gets in, scouts then makes connections with said player. Look at the '14 class. Jones is the #1 pg and yes, UK is recruiting him. But Cal is showing up at games for the #2 pg, Mudiay. Reason? Jones is 6' and Mudiay is 6'4". Jones is the #1 and is a backup option since it looks now that Mudiay is a UK lock. UK will get one of the top 2-3 pg in the nation year in and year out. Im not knocking on any local kids. This is how Cal recruits.

Mix1...

Is that you Cal?
Kid is listed at 5'10 155. Lol. Even if that's accurate...and most coaches add an inch or 2 and 10lbs....he's gonna be a liability on D.