•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Coaching Rumors
Strikeout King Wrote:They know more about this than what we do and I seriously doubt anyone has been interviewed yet.

People on KSR may act retarded in posting stuff the way they do but not once have I ever seen them say something that wasn't true.

IF she works at UK she's knows something, anyone that works at UK is gonna know something. Gut he's just not coming. Not sure why you keep living in a fantasy land

Im sure the AP chemistry teachers know whos coming.
You said anyone that worked at UK.

Its not a fantasy land.
I hope your right so that i can gloat about how bad sunny and butch will do next year.
Strikeout King Wrote:Mitch really wants Butch Jones from Cincinnati and the way the Big Least is crumbling I wouldn't be surprised if he moves to a different school. I do believe the new coach will come from a current school, If not then they would have had one last week. Cincinnati has either 1 or 2 games left and we will see what happens.

Also from what I hear Petrino is out, coming from several different people that are no affiliated with neither catspause or KSR but are in the know.

We know, you posted a thread a couple of weeks ago about it, and now theres more talk of him coming than ever.

Butch Jones would get slaughtered coaching in the SEC. Its that simple.
Hes going to get the same recruits hes getting at Cincy and Cincy would be lucky to be better than UK every year in the SEC.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I don't really have any favorites for the job,but if Mitch hires Butch Jones he might as well have kept Joker.if UK wants to compete for the sec title, Butch Jones is not the answer.Imo Jones is averege at best.

This is all im trying to say.
Why take another chance?
Weve sucked for to long.
Hire Petrino, and see some winning. You cannot get that with one other person thats been mentioned.
Hiring scumbag would be taking the biggest chance.
Well I can tell you this, these are coming from people in the know and they've said that they've had people tell them that all the Petrino to Kentucky is just internet rumors nothing from the University or anything and that Petrino was definitely out and before anyone asks who's telling me, I was told not to say who it's from.
Everyone stop and think about this!

If Kentucky was gonna hire someone that was out of a job/looking for a job (Petrino and whoever else) why would Kentucky be waiting this long to announce something? If they went that route we would have known something a week or more ago. I believe the new coach will come from a school that still has games left.
This is from SB Nation

Kentucky football coaching search: Butch Jones talking with Wildcats

Butch Jones is considering an offer to become the next coach of the Kentucky Wildcats, as Kyle Tucker of the Courier-Journal reports that discussions between the current coach of the Cincinnati Bearcats and the school are ongoing.

Jones has been in charge for a 7-3 season and had the Bearcats in line for a share of a second-consecutive Big East Championship after starting the year 5-0. Tucker reports that the job has been offered to Jones, but he has not accepted or declined the offer yet. Both teams still have work to do this season, with Jones' Cincinnati squad still having two games and a potential bowl, while Joker Phillips remains in charge for one more game at Kentucky.

The 44-year-old Jones is 48-27 between Central Michigan and Cincinnati. He would be the third-consecutive coach to leave Cincinnati after a successful season but before a bowl: In 2004, Mark Dantonio left for Michigan State after a 7-5 season but before the team's International Bowl, which was eventually coached by Brian Kelly. Kelly later left Cincinnati after a 12-0 regular season in 2009, allowing Jones to take the Bearcats' job.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football...utch-jones
Strikeout King Wrote:Everyone stop and think about this!

If Kentucky was gonna hire someone that was out of a job/looking for a job (Petrino and whoever else) why would Kentucky be waiting this long to announce something? If they went that route we would have known something a week or more ago. I believe the new coach will come from a school that still has games left.

Everyone know the decision was going to come after the season and maybe the start of the new year.
This is done to respect the current staff and players, and give a reasonable amount of time and interest.
Strikeout King Wrote:This is from SB Nation

Kentucky football coaching search: Butch Jones talking with Wildcats

Butch Jones is considering an offer to become the next coach of the Kentucky Wildcats, as Kyle Tucker of the Courier-Journal reports that discussions between the current coach of the Cincinnati Bearcats and the school are ongoing.

Jones has been in charge for a 7-3 season and had the Bearcats in line for a share of a second-consecutive Big East Championship after starting the year 5-0. Tucker reports that the job has been offered to Jones, but he has not accepted or declined the offer yet. Both teams still have work to do this season, with Jones' Cincinnati squad still having two games and a potential bowl, while Joker Phillips remains in charge for one more game at Kentucky.

The 44-year-old Jones is 48-27 between Central Michigan and Cincinnati. He would be the third-consecutive coach to leave Cincinnati after a successful season but before a bowl: In 2004, Mark Dantonio left for Michigan State after a 7-5 season but before the team's International Bowl, which was eventually coached by Brian Kelly. Kelly later left Cincinnati after a 12-0 regular season in 2009, allowing Jones to take the Bearcats' job.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football...utch-jones

This isnt the Big East, Pac 12 or Big 10, you cant come here and win with that crap.

Lets all hope that UK doesnt offer Jones.
Why wait til the end to name the new coach? Everyone knows it's coming so why wait? And yes I do believe Kentucky has made an offer to Jones not a totally 100% sure on that but I do believe they have
I don't think anyone wants this job. Any smart young coach knows that the UK job is a dead end job. I am starting to think that firing Joker was a mistake. The last time UK had winning record in the SEC was in 1977 and they done it with defense. If you watch SEC football you know that the teams that win in the SEC play great defense and run the football but UK fans want Hal Mumme back, so they can have a good time getting beat 42 to 32. when I posted in this thread about Phil Fulmer I knew what the reaction would be. Alabama fans didn't care that Saban came from LSU and South Carolina fans didn't give S*** that Steve S. came from Florida. I figure UK will hire somebody from out west that none or us are expecting.
Its common courtesy to wait until after the season.
Look at past hires of other schools.
I've seen schools hire coaches while season was still going on
highspeedsteel Wrote:I don't think anyone wants this job. Any smart young coach knows that the UK job is a dead end job. I am starting to think that firing Joker was a mistake. The last time UK had winning record in the SEC was in 1977 and they done it with defense. If you watch SEC football you know that the teams that win in the SEC play great defense and run the football but UK fans want Hal Mumme back, so they can have a good time getting beat 42 to 32. when I posted in this thread about Phil Fulmer I knew what the reaction would be. Alabama fans didn't care that Saban came from LSU and South Carolina fans didn't give S*** that Steve S. came from Florida. I figure UK will hire somebody from out west that none or us are expecting.

Mitch didn't a choice but to fire Joker. If you ain't selling tickets you don't have a choice but to fire the coach

As for the next coach I believe it will be one of these Butch Jones, Sonny Dykes, Ron Caragher, Mike MacIntyre and really hope and pray to god that Mitch doesn't even think about Danny Hope at Purdue
Strikeout King Wrote:Mitch didn't a choice but to fire Joker. If you ain't selling tickets you don't have a choice but to fire the coach

As for the next coach I believe it will be one of these Butch Jones, Sonny Dykes, Ron Caragher, Mike MacIntyre and really hope and pray to god that Mitch doesn't even think about Danny Hope at Purdue

How could one possibly believe that any of those four could ever win in the SEC?

If that happens, get ready to do the same thing again in 3 years.
I love UK,but thank god i'm a Irish fan.with coaches like these on th horizon,i don't see things getting any better for UK anytime soon.
highspeedsteel Wrote:I don't think anyone wants this job. Any smart young coach knows that the UK job is a dead end job. I am starting to think that firing Joker was a mistake. The last time UK had winning record in the SEC was in 1977 and they done it with defense. If you watch SEC football you know that the teams that win in the SEC play great defense and run the football but UK fans want Hal Mumme back, so they can have a good time getting beat 42 to 32. when I posted in this thread about Phil Fulmer I knew what the reaction would be. Alabama fans didn't care that Saban came from LSU and South Carolina fans didn't give S*** that Steve S. came from Florida. I figure UK will hire somebody from out west that none or us are expecting.

Fulmer is not Saban or Spurrier.
Butch Jones needs to stay at UC and win 10+ games a season for a few years and beat the likes of UL and Rutgers with ease before being considered for an SEC coaching job. The Rutgers loss showed his program isn't there yet.

He does well and can coach up medium to poor quality athletes which may be the reason he's getting a look. As for recruiting SEC blue chip talent...don't see it happening. He would have similar success to Rich Brooks after a couple seasons and get UK back to .500 football. I think UK nation deserves better. I would give Mitch & Co. a C- grade if they hired Jones.

Anymore though I'm not surprised by their antics.

Any word on Cowher or Rex Ryan? Gruden would have been an A- hire in my book. I see UT kicking our arse for sometime with him at the helm there.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:This isnt the Big East, Pac 12 or Big 10, you cant come here and win with that crap.

Lets all hope that UK doesnt offer Jones.

Lets all hope he turns it down like everyone else.
Spirit100 Wrote:Butch Jones needs to stay at UC and win 10+ games a season for a few years and beat the likes of UL and Rutgers with ease before being considered for an SEC coaching job. The Rutgers loss showed his program isn't there yet.

He does well and can coach up medium to poor quality athletes which may be the reason he's getting a look. As for recruiting SEC blue chip talent...don't see it happening. He would have similar success to Rich Brooks after a couple seasons and get UK back to .500 football. I think UK nation deserves better. I would give Mitch & Co. a C- grade if they hired Jones.

Anymore though I'm not surprised by their antics.

Any word on Cowher or Rex Ryan? Gruden would have been an A- hire in my book. I see UT kicking our arse for sometime with him at the helm there.

1. Petrino is NOT coming. I'm about 99.9% sure he's out.

2. Butch is better than some of the other coaches that have been mentioned, If he turns it down then who do you go to? Dykes? Caragher? Brown? Tubberville?

In all honesty I don't believe Jones will be at Cincinnati next year but I don't think he will be at Kentucky either, I believe Dykes will get the Kentucky job. Hopefully Brown comes on as OC
The author of this take seems Butch Jones may be a fit?

http://kycatstats.com/why-butch-jones-to...ake-sense/

I disagree but King brings up a good point. Who is left? I don't see much of a difference between Jones and Dykes. .500 in the SEC is better than .250! I'll continue to hope we our all shocked and pleased with say a pick like.......a Cowher who can get us to .750 quickly. But we all know what they say about pooping in one hand and hoping in the other.

We may get an answer within the next 10 days...this Monday or next based on their selection. History proves they are going to screw this up so prepare yourselves to be disappointed!
We won't hear nothing to do with the media down in TN and the coaches and players would be on their way back, no way we'd hear something.

Couple things about Butch

1. He's young (40's) we don't need someone that's in their 60's or 70's. We need someone young that's gonna commit to long term

2. He can recruit in the places that it takes to win at Kentucky (GA, TN, FL, OH) and other places.
According to sources, Butch Jones is out as a candidate for the Kentucky job

Quote:Kentucky: Sources close to the situation tell us the meeting between Butch Jones and Kentucky administration did not go as expected by the parties. We are told "the deal was changed". Accordingly, sources tell that Butch is no longer a candidate for the job.

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop
strikeout king Wrote:according to sources, butch jones is out as a candidate for the kentucky job

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop

thank god!!!!!!!!!!
Who else does that leave? Petrino and Jones are out.

Sonny Dykes (LA Tech HC)
Ron Baragher (San Diego HC)
Clemon's OC
Phil Fulmer (Former TN Coach)
Neal Brown (Texas Tech OC)
Tommy Tubberville (Texas Tech HC)
Kliff Klingsbury (Texas A&M OC)
Dirk Koetter (Atlanta Falcons OC)
Strikeout King Wrote:Who else does that leave? Petrino and Jones are out.

Sonny Dykes (LA Tech HC)
Ron Baragher (San Diego HC)
Clemon's OC
Phil Fulmer (Former TN Coach)
Neal Brown (Texas Tech OC)
Tommy Tubberville (Texas Tech HC)
Kliff Klingsbury (Texas A&M OC)
Dirk Koetter (Atlanta Falcons OC)

I don't think there is one person on that list that can WIN at Kentucky,or put people in the stands.
Petrino is 17-15 against SEC teams and it's been confirmed that he's not coming. So we have to go with people on that list and you will be surprised who can win here
In regard to the coaching search Barnhart says "there is no timetable". Many fans will not be happy about that there is absolutely no transparency with the program.
^ He give out any names?
Strikeout King Wrote:^ He give out any names?

No, also said he would not comment on specific qualities he is searching for. Basically, all he said was that there were several people interested it sounded like none of which were currently coaching in the SEC in any capacity. IMO Butch Jones becomes your next head coach.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next