Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
64.71%
Russell County
35.29%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County @ Russell County 2nd Round
I think lex cath back is the fastest we ve seen that boy has jets.
sawmill Wrote:I think lex cath back is the fastest we ve seen that boy has jets.

He's not only fast he's elusive to.
Jack Lambert Wrote:He's not only fast he's elusive to.

Yes very.
zebra'seyes Wrote:Boyle has played a good schedule but I bet they have not seen a player as fast as Britt all year.

I would doubt he is any faster than two of the backs they faced at HHS, Seidl and Hayes. And if you get to see highlight film from Fridays game, Hayes had several highlight runs showing his speed and power (Thought he took a Boyle players head off on one play and no exaggerating ran over 3 players,all three laid out on their backs, and out ran rest of field for a TD on another play). Hayes is not a starter and only a JR, could start on 98% of teams in KY. Starting running backs did not play Friday against Boyd, but I am sure Boyle fans remember Seidl from their game. He is one of the smallest players on the team, but fast as lightning (kick returner and RB). I believe you when you say Britt is fast, but Boyle has faced similar speed.
sstack Wrote:I would doubt he is any faster than two of the backs they faced at HHS, Seidl and Hayes. And if you get to see highlight film from Fridays game, Hayes had several highlight runs showing his speed and power (Thought he took a Boyle players head off on one play and no exaggerating ran over 3 players,all three laid out on their backs, and out ran rest of field for a TD on another play). Hayes is not a starter and only a JR, could start on 98% of teams in KY. Starting running backs did not play Friday against Boyd, but I am sure Boyle fans remember Seidl from their game. He is one of the smallest players on the team, but fast as lightning (kick returner and RB). I believe you when you say Britt is fast, but Boyle has faced similar speed.

Yes very good backs at fth lex cath ect. We are battled tested for sure. Go Rebels.
sstack Wrote:I would doubt he is any faster than two of the backs they faced at HHS, Seidl and Hayes. And if you get to see highlight film from Fridays game, Hayes had several highlight runs showing his speed and power (Thought he took a Boyle players head off on one play and no exaggerating ran over 3 players,all three laid out on their backs, and out ran rest of field for a TD on another play). Hayes is not a starter and only a JR, could start on 98% of teams in KY. Starting running backs did not play Friday against Boyd, but I am sure Boyle fans remember Seidl from their game. He is one of the smallest players on the team, but fast as lightning (kick returner and RB). I believe you when you say Britt is fast, but Boyle has faced similar speed.

What class is Seidl? Was he the kid that ran back 2 kickoffs for TD agains Lex Cath in the semi's?
knighted Wrote:What class is Seidl? Was he the kid that ran back 2 kickoffs for TD agains Lex Cath in the semi's?

Seidl is a SR and yes he is the one to run 2 kickoffs back on Lex Cath.

I know track and football speed are two different things, but Britt's PR in 100 meters is only 11.44, descent speed but not what I would call great. As a comparison James Quick runs a 10.7, Timmons of Franklin Co runs a 10.8 that is what I call special speed that most teams do not get to see.
sstack Wrote:Seidl is a SR and yes he is the one to run 2 kickoffs back on Lex Cath.

I know track and football speed are two different things, but Britt's PR in 100 meters is only 11.44, descent speed but not what I would call great. As a comparison James Quick runs a 10.7, Timmons of Franklin Co runs a 10.8 that is what I call special speed that most teams do not get to see.

Not sure how fast lloyd hall is but he did win state in the 4 X 100. GO REBELS
sawmill Wrote:Not sure how fast lloyd hall is but he did win state in the 4 X 100. GO REBELS

Hall is just a little under 12.0, but he was member of 4x100 state champion team that beat Russell Co(Britt was on the team) by about 0.6 seconds, however the previous week Russell Co beat Boyle to win the Regional Championship over Boyle by 0.2 seconds. So I would think these two schools have very similar speed.
sstack Wrote:Seidl is a SR and yes he is the one to run 2 kickoffs back on Lex Cath.

We will see come Friday.
laker20 Wrote:We will see come Friday.

Can't wait, a lot of games this week that I am excited to see the results. I really enjoy HS football.
laker20 Wrote:We will see come Friday.

Yes we will. Go Rebels.
I'll put my two cents in this for the fun of it, not like it means much.

Boyle County over the years has been about as good as anyone at finishing off teams that have 8,9, or 10 win regular seasons that are teams who are not normal powerhouses in the playoffs. Bullit East, East Jessamine, Paducah Tilghman, Lone Oak, Pulaski County and the list goes on and on. Boyle County has always been ready for games like this and I would expect nothing different.

Russell County is normally an average football team and this years team is maybe the best team in school history. They are a VERY GOOD football team. Call them great if you want too, and I wouldn't want to argue with you. Nick Britt is a great athlete and will be the fastest kid on the field on Friday night. Its not knocking Boyle County or who they have defended this year its just stating he is a big play threat.

Boyle County will have no doubt the best defense Russell County has played all season long. This could be said for just about anyone playing Boyle County at this time of the season. They fly around, hit, and make plays. I've seen it too many times to expect anything different. Boyle will hit Nick Britt and I expect Boyle County to make plays in the passing game and running the football. As much as I read on here that Russell County's offense hasn't been tested. Their offense is great, and if you think different, then you need to watch them play. I would lean more on the side of not knowing how good their defense is. I'm not saying it isn't good, I'm saying they have not faced a powerhouse offense this year and this could cause them problems in this game.

One advantage Russell County will have is their kicker. When he kicks off, Boyle will start at the 20. Its an advantage on anyone. Russell County can throw the ball better than people give them credit for. A balanced attack can give Boyle County some issues. And Russell County runs playaction with Britt and will hit big plays down field. If Boyle County thinks they only have to stop Nick Britt, then you will see a lot of big passes from Russell County over the top all night. Its what makes their offense so good is they get big plays in the running and passing game.

Boyle County has played some great opponents this year but the question is have they been able to stop any of them? Highlands, John Hardin, Danville, Lexington Catholic, and Collins put up at least 24 points on them and Lexington Catholic lost their D1 quarterback during the game. Playing great teams is one thing, stopping them is another.

I don't think Boyle fans want to admit this but their state championship teams would not give up 50 points to anyone. So this bunch, on the defensive side of the ball is a level down from some of the great Boyle teams of the past (my opinion)

Does that mean that Boyle can not stop Russell County? No, and in fact I think Russell County will have problems moving the football but I think they will in spurts. Boyle will make Russell earn every inch that they get. Something Russell County has not had to do much this year because they score so much and so often. Russell County needs to protect the football and not give up easy turnovers. They have been known to put the football on the ground from time to time and if that happens then the game is over, Boyle wins by a few scores.

One other element I would add. Boyle County will come after your punts. It wins them close games. It hurts these good offensive teams so bad compared to more defensive oriented teams because good teams like Russell County has not had to punt much all year, then in the biggest game of the season (so far) you are facing one of the best punt blocking teams in the state. Ask Lone Oak in the state championship game a few years ago. Russell County better be ready for this or it WILL cost them the football game and their season.

After my long rant and thinking over the game, I think this game is going down to the wire.

I think Boyle County scores a late touchdown in the last few minutes of the game to beat Russell County 28-24 in a high school classic. This will be a great football game.
You guys are getting me excited just listening to you talk and argue about it. I also love Hs football!!:Thumbs:
Football2002 Wrote:I'll put my two cents in this for the fun of it, not like it means much.

Boyle County over the years has been about as good as anyone at finishing off teams that have 8,9, or 10 win regular seasons that are teams who are not normal powerhouses in the playoffs. Bullit East, East Jessamine, Paducah Tilghman, Lone Oak, Pulaski County and the list goes on and on. Boyle County has always been ready for games like this and I would expect nothing different.

Russell County is normally an average football team and this years team is maybe the best team in school history. They are a VERY GOOD football team. Call them great if you want too, and I wouldn't want to argue with you. Nick Britt is a great athlete and will be the fastest kid on the field on Friday night. Its not knocking Boyle County or who they have defended this year its just stating he is a big play threat.

Boyle County will have no doubt the best defense Russell County has played all season long. This could be said for just about anyone playing Boyle County at this time of the season. They fly around, hit, and make plays. I've seen it too many times to expect anything different. Boyle will hit Nick Britt and I expect Boyle County to make plays in the passing game and running the football. As much as I read on here that Russell County's offense hasn't been tested. Their offense is great, and if you think different, then you need to watch them play. I would lean more on the side of not knowing how good their defense is. I'm not saying it isn't good, I'm saying they have not faced a powerhouse offense this year and this could cause them problems in this game.

One advantage Russell County will have is their kicker. When he kicks off, Boyle will start at the 20. Its an advantage on anyone. Russell County can throw the ball better than people give them credit for. A balanced attack can give Boyle County some issues. And Russell County runs playaction with Britt and will hit big plays down field. If Boyle County thinks they only have to stop Nick Britt, then you will see a lot of big passes from Russell County over the top all night. Its what makes their offense so good is they get big plays in the running and passing game.

Boyle County has played some great opponents this year but the question is have they been able to stop any of them? Highlands, John Hardin, Danville, Lexington Catholic, and Collins put up at least 24 points on them and Lexington Catholic lost their D1 quarterback during the game. Playing great teams is one thing, stopping them is another.

I don't think Boyle fans want to admit this but their state championship teams would not give up 50 points to anyone. So this bunch, on the defensive side of the ball is a level down from some of the great Boyle teams of the past (my opinion)

Does that mean that Boyle can not stop Russell County? No, and in fact I think Russell County will have problems moving the football but I think they will in spurts. Boyle will make Russell earn every inch that they get. Something Russell County has not had to do much this year because they score so much and so often. Russell County needs to protect the football and not give up easy turnovers. They have been known to put the football on the ground from time to time and if that happens then the game is over, Boyle wins by a few scores.

One other element I would add. Boyle County will come after your punts. It wins them close games. It hurts these good offensive teams so bad compared to more defensive oriented teams because good teams like Russell County has not had to punt much all year, then in the biggest game of the season (so far) you are facing one of the best punt blocking teams in the state. Ask Lone Oak in the state championship game a few years ago. Russell County better be ready for this or it WILL cost them the football game and their season.

After my long rant and thinking over the game, I think this game is going down to the wire.

I think Boyle County scores a late touchdown in the last few minutes of the game to beat Russell County 28-24 in a high school classic. This will be a great football game.

One hell of a first post,and welcome to the board.i'll agree on defense they're probably not up to Boyle's state title teams standard,but they have really improved since early on.on the other hand Boyle's offense is a well oiled machine,they're much better than last years team offensively.i maybe wrong.but i don't see Boyle punting to often in this game. The only defense i see slowing Boyles offense down maybe Highlands.
Football2002 Wrote:I'll put my two cents in this for the fun of it, not like it means much.

Great first post, and welcome to the forum.

I agree with much of what you have to say.....the winner & score, not so much....lol.

A couple of things. Regarding fumbles, I believe the Lakers have lost 2 or 3 fumbles this season. We had one game where are normal center was out and we had a number of bad snap exchanges. If I'm not mistaken, the replacement was a lefty. Other than that, we have done a pretty good job protecting the ball.

As far as the BC defense goes, I do expect it to be the best overall D that we have faced, but not significantly better than Knox Central and Whitley County. In fact, Knox Central is probably a pretty close comparison defensively.

I do think that the team that makes the least mistakes should win this game. Field position will be a premium, and both teams will likely take advantage of short field opportunities.

As far as speed goes, I don't think the Rebels will be prepared for the speed of the Lakers. Game film just doesn't cut it in this respect.....ask anyone who has watched us in person or any team we've played. Britt is deceptively quick, partly because of his vision, but we will have 2-3 players on the field that are actually faster than him. IMO this will allow the Lakers to get by with a few smaller mistakes, that I don't think BC can get by with.

The Laker Defense will be a question mark.....it always has been for me and many around the program. But this team has gotten it done this season. I believe our 1st String defense has only allowed 95 points this season, and that's pretty good when your offense is scoring so much...giving the opponent more drive opportunities.

My biggest concern in this game and any we may have after this one, is that several times this season the Lakers have gotten an early lead (14-20 points), only to relax a bit on defense and allow the opponent to close the gap a bit. We can not allow the momentum to swing if it's in our favor....not against the level of competition that we will be facing.
Game film will not be all the BC coaching staff will review. I'll bet there were more than a couple of representatives from BC at the Last RC game and that was likely not the only game that someone from here has seen of them this year. In addition, I'll bet they have talked to more than a couple of the opposing coaches that RC has faced this year. They will be prepared and there will be no surprises. Looking for some more time at the lake and some good old Coe's catfish!
This has to be the game of the week in the state, one of these guys cold very well be your state champ in a few weeks. I'm taking RC by a single point.
laker20 Wrote:Great first post, and welcome to the forum.

I agree with much of what you have to say.....the winner & score, not so much....lol.

A couple of things. Regarding fumbles, I believe the Lakers have lost 2 or 3 fumbles this season. We had one game where are normal center was out and we had a number of bad snap exchanges. If I'm not mistaken, the replacement was a lefty. Other than that, we have done a pretty good job protecting the ball.

As far as the BC defense goes, I do expect it to be the best overall D that we have faced, but not significantly better than Knox Central and Whitley County. In fact, Knox Central is probably a pretty close comparison defensively.

I do think that the team that makes the least mistakes should win this game. Field position will be a premium, and both teams will likely take advantage of short field opportunities.

As far as speed goes, I don't think the Rebels will be prepared for the speed of the Lakers. Game film just doesn't cut it in this respect.....ask anyone who has watched us in person or any team we've played. Britt is deceptively quick, partly because of his vision, but we will have 2-3 players on the field that are actually faster than him. IMO this will allow the Lakers to get by with a few smaller mistakes, that I don't think BC can get by with.

The Laker Defense will be a question mark.....it always has been for me and many around the program. But this team has gotten it done this season. I believe our 1st String defense has only allowed 95 points this season, and that's pretty good when your offense is scoring so much...giving the opponent more drive opportunities.

My biggest concern in this game and any we may have after this one, is that several times this season the Lakers have gotten an early lead (14-20 points), only to relax a bit on defense and allow the opponent to close the gap a bit. We can not allow the momentum to swing if it's in our favor....not against the level of competition that we will be facing.

You won't have to worry about the Lakers getting up by 14 to 20 points,and getting complacent.if either team is up by 14 to 20 points it'll be Boyle.you better hope that Russells offense scores on every possesion friday night if they don't they're in trouble .Russells defense is not gonna slow Boyle's offense down.once again Boyle has seen way more speed this year than Russell has to offer.as far as your defensive comparisons go Whitley co.dose'nt have a defense compared to Boyles.I watched Knox against Mercer,and they're better but not close to Boyle on defense.
I'll make sure to tell the guys not even to worry about Friday night because Jack Lanbert on BGR said they have no chance, I'm sure they'll be relieved to move on to basketball anyway.
Laker......how is the parking at Russell County? With you all on central time, what time does the game start? The time change can be confusing.
Rebel55 Wrote:Laker......how is the parking at Russell County? With you all on central time, what time does the game start? The time change can be confusing.

Yes. Shed some light. I've never been to Russell County's field. I've only been through Russell County to get to Bowling Green. :1:
daybowbow Wrote:I'll make sure to tell the guys not even to worry about Friday night because Jack Lanbert on BGR said they have no chance, I'm sure they'll be relieved to move on to basketball anyway.

Regardless of what Jack says I'm still coming to this game. It has potential to be a great game.
Stay on 127 south go across parkway, its about half mile passed pkway on left, can t miss it, plenty of parking.
rc58 Wrote:Stay on 127 south go across parkway, its about half mile passed pkway on left, can t miss it, plenty of parking.

Thanks! :Thumbs:
Not much to choose from as far as good eats though ,coes is good,theres pizza hut ,mostly just fast food joints. I should open a good restaraunt, hard work though ,guess ill tailgate.,
JustGoWithIt Wrote:Thanks! :Thumbs:

YW.
I think the game time is 7:30 CENTRAL TIME.
JustGoWithIt Wrote:Yes. Shed some light. I've never been to Russell County's field. I've only been through Russell County to get to Bowling Green. :1:

The school and field are on HWY 127 about a mile south of the Cumberland Pkwy. They are on the North bound side. The HS & Middle School are side by side and the field is just behind the middle school. Plenty of parking in front of both buildings.

Our fans our super nice and just enjoy the game. Everyone visiting should enjoy the atmosphere. We typically have a few activities going on prior to the games, not sure what is planned for this Friday.

We have an awesome band, not sure if they're performing at halftime or not, but if they are it's well worth watching.

Seating is all on one side of the field with a visitors section starting at the far end. I expect a huge turnout so seating will likely be tight.....so get there early. I will be on the fawdy!!

Oh yeah, Coe's is 3-4 miles north off of Hwy 80. Small dining area, but the catfish is excellent!
sawmill Wrote:I think the game time is 7:30 CENTRAL TIME.

Which would mean 8:30 our time. Gotcha! For as of a place to eat, we are stopping at the Bread of Life between Liberty and Russell Springs.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next