Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co 39 - Clay Co 0
WideRight05 Wrote:Is Bell the top team in 3A? Looks like the way things are setting up that them and Central will be a thriller of a game.
Bell is good and have been for a few years but teams like Belfry and Breathitt are closing the gap quick. Last year Bell went down to Central like 26-0 I think but Belfry took it to the wire in the state championship game. This year I am starting to think that Breathitt county is the stronger team of the three but we will see.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Bell is good and have been for a few years but teams like Belfry and Breathitt are closing the gap quick. Last year Bell went down to Central like 26-0 I think but Belfry took it to the wire in the state championship game. This year I am starting to think that Breathitt county is the stronger team of the three but we will see.

Very true. But being the fan that I am, I also have to add that if you were at the state championship game it would be easy for anyone to see that Central was a bit limited offensively without their MR. FOOTBALL running back #2??? I think he carried the ball 2 times in the game and was out for the rest of the game from injuries he had from the previous couple of games he played in.
bigcoach Wrote:I just don't understand why people would get on here and down a kid.

Listen, it is not that they are downing the kid so much as questioning the recruiting of Joker Phillips. Hyde is a good HS player but he is not SEC caliber. He might be more at home at a NAIA school. Saying that is not downing a kid, and if he gets to UK (new coach my not want him) you don't think fans are going to question him. Better not have a thin skin.

My assessment is that due to his commitment to UK he gets away with a TON of holding, and has trouble with kids who have good feet and and can get around him. Yes he makes some plays but when Corbin scrimmaged Clay they ran right at him and had success. I think he is a wasted scholly, and UK needs every one they have.

You think Hyde has it tough you should have seen some of the stuff Vinnie Zollo had to live with, is it right? Eh, not really but it is part of life you just can't always get the good stuff, and sometimes the truth hurts.
BriarCreekBrave Wrote:Listen, it is not that they are downing the kid so much as questioning the recruiting of Joker Phillips. Hyde is a good HS player but he is not SEC caliber. He might be more at home at a NAIA school. Saying that is not downing a kid, and if he gets to UK (new coach my not want him) you don't think fans are going to question him. Better not have a thin skin.

My assessment is that due to his commitment to UK he gets away with a TON of holding, and has trouble with kids who have good feet and and can get around him. Yes he makes some plays but when Corbin scrimmaged Clay they ran right at him and had success. I think he is a wasted scholly, and UK needs every one they have.

You think Hyde has it tough you should have seen some of the stuff Vinnie Zollo had to live with, is it right? Eh, not really but it is part of life you just can't always get the good stuff, and sometimes the truth hurts.

Anyone remember all the junk Brad Durham heard and had to listen to when Louisville pulled his scholly? Toughen up folks, honest assesments..a little truth never killed anyone. No one's on here ripping his personality, his character, his family, nothing like that. People are talking about his abilities on the field, you disagree, then disagree. That simple.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Bell is good and have been for a few years but teams like Belfry and Breathitt are closing the gap quick. Last year Bell went down to Central like 26-0 I think but Belfry took it to the wire in the state championship game. This year I am starting to think that Breathitt county is the stronger team of the three but we will see.

Breathitt made 3A interesting. Didn't expect them to be on Bell's or Central's level this year but they have been playing solid.
Breathitt may just be the best team in 3A, besides Central.

IMHO, Bell and Belfry are hanging on by a thread.
I am not a Bell fan but I do rEspect them....they have gone the longest without a loss from the mountains...so until they lose they are the top dog.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Breathitt may just be the best team in 3A, besides Central.

IMHO, Bell and Belfry are hanging on by a thread.

I usually completely agree with what you say, but i just don't see how Bell is hanging on by a thread, care to explain?

I also don't think Breathitt is second best in 3A. JMHO though, I could be wrong. We'll know in December.
Bell County held Clay to 90 total yards. 30 of those yards came on the last play with the JV team. Bell County played very impressive Defense and have all year.
BriarCreekBrave

I dont recall Corbin getting more than 1 or 2 first downs in that scrimmage. Not sure I would call that success. The problem I have is that you people have no clue what your talking about but you feel the need to get on a public forum without giving your name and talk about a high school kid like you have got some kind of expertise in the matter. Are you a coach? Did you play D-1? I am sure all your focus is on an interior lineman during games.

Jacob has areas that he needs to improve but what high school kids does not. I can tell what most dont have and that is his size, athletic ability, and strength.

Your comments seem like jealousy to me.
UKSDG Wrote:BriarCreekBrave

I dont recall Corbin getting more than 1 or 2 first downs in that scrimmage. Not sure I would call that success. The problem I have is that you people have no clue what your talking about but you feel the need to get on a public forum without giving your name and talk about a high school kid like you have got some kind of expertise in the matter. Are you a coach? Did you play D-1? I am sure all your focus is on an interior lineman during games.

Jacob has areas that he needs to improve but what high school kids does not. I can tell what most dont have and that is his size, athletic ability, and strength.

Having played in Florida growing up, and having played at the University of the Cumberlands (back then Cumberland College Indians, thus Briar Creek Brave) I have seen my fair share of good football players. Yes I have coached, and I do know what it takes. I am not saying he can't play at Kentucky, sure he can play at Kentucky. Can he compete with the best in the country (the SEC) I just don't see it happening. UC plays Georgetown this weekend, come on over to the game, I will buy you a hotdog and a soda and we can talk. I have no hard feelings, and I always enjoy meeting other posters.

Just because you are big and fast does not make you a D-1 player, just like being 5-9 185 does not make you a NAIA player. I would love to see him at UK but I would also like to see UK win. I don't think you can have both.

Furthermore, when anyone gets on here and says so and so can't stop this player or that team are you not calling out a whole team? When you say this player is better than some other player are you not calling him out? Get over it, it comes with the territory, you hear it on radio call in shows and you see it all over the internet, it is just life.
UKSDG Wrote:BriarCreekBrave

Size, athletic ability and strength don't always cut it. No one's jealous of Hyde or Clay County. Clearly he didn't have that big huge impact on the game that everyone spouting out "Hyde can't be stopped" thought. That's just the truth, I'm not talking bad about him, I'm glad a kid from the mountains got a scholarship and I wish more would, I certainly hope he succeeds. But why would anyone be jealous? Come on now..who cares if he can be stopped if the rest of the team can be..you guys got held to 57 total yards until the last minute of the game. Jonathon Polly got more yards than you're entire team on less touches. Why would anyone be jealous of Clay County or Hyde? Like I said, I'm glad he's getting a scholarship and an education, but he's not helping the team he's on right now to much so who cares what he's gonna do somewhere he's never played a down in practice at?
Why does it take 2 pages to thread on this subject? Bottom line here is that Bell Co's. ground and pound attack was just to much for Clay Co. Nuff said.