Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro 27 - Harlan 20
Final

Middlesboro 27

Harlan Green Dragons 20
Wow nice comeback by Middlesboro. Hopefully Harlan can bounce back.
Congrats to Boro. Just think both teams Boro has lost to this year is ranked in State.
Congrats to the Jackets. They came to play and the Dragons didn't. Players or coaches. The Dragons had no offensive game plan what so ever. To much talent on that team to be 1 and 3. There was absolutely no clock management in the last 5 minutes of the game. Thus the game was given to the Jackets. Also congrats to Randy Frazier. He's the guy that will bring M'boro football back. If something isn't changed,next week will be the same result. Too many good players resting on the sidelines and not playing both ways .Dalton Overbey has been stuck at the end position and doesn't even touch the ball. He's the hardest runner on the team at 6'2" 220. He took a sqibb kick on the return team and outran the entire M'boro team down to the 1. He's too big and too fast. He should for sure be in the backfield on offense and middle linebacker on defense. Ryan Jones is another great player that is under utilized. He is one of the faster backs we have and he hardly ever touches the ball. You have to use your weapons and not pack them away in positions where they are of no use. Like I say if some changes aren't made now then Harlan's season is shot. The most talented team we've had in several years and we will be lucky to go 3-7 on the season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Looks like Harlan is falling off the map.

Just another one of the many surprises tonight.
Very disappointing....Harlan continues to find ways to lose games they should win....
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Looks like Harlan is falling off the map.

Just another one of the many surprises tonight.

Harlan got beaten badly by Williamsburg early, and lost two close games to LCA and Middlesboro. I think they can turn the season around if they stay healthy. I think this team can win 4 of their next 5 games, and will get things turned around. They then will play Corbin and that should be a good game as well. Both teams lost a close game with LCA.
Maybe Middelsboro is better then people think and find ways to win games! Defensive Line stirred Ty up all night long! Now if they can get some back bone in the AD department and get the things they need they may get back to Middelsboro football!!! Go Jackets Great Win
Edwards and Barton was a dandy duo as well! Glad they got it rolling in the Second half!
Backwoods Wrote:Congrats to the Jackets. They came to play and the Dragons didn't. Players or coaches. The Dragons had no offensive game plan what so ever. To much talent on that team to be 1 and 3. There was absolutely no clock management in the last 5 minutes of the game. Thus the game was given to the Jackets. Also congrats to Randy Frazier. He's the guy that will bring M'boro football back. If something isn't changed,next week will be the same result. Too many good players resting on the sidelines and not playing both ways .Dalton Overbey has been stuck at the end position and doesn't even touch the ball. He's the hardest runner on the team at 6'2" 220. He took a sqibb kick on the return team and outran the entire M'boro team down to the 1. He's too big and too fast. He should for sure be in the backfield on offense and middle linebacker on defense. Ryan Jones is another great player that is under utilized. He is one of the faster backs we have and he hardly ever touches the ball. You have to use your weapons and not pack them away in positions where they are of no use. Like I say if some changes aren't made now then Harlan's season is shot. The most talented team we've had in several years and we will be lucky to go 3-7 on the season.

I've thought Harlan needed more help on the line the past three years than in the backfield. Somebody has to block.
HDE Wrote:I've thought Harlan needed more help on the line the past three years than in the backfield. Somebody has to block.

That has been true the past 3 years but Harlan has a upperclassmen filled line this year. There's no reason why there should be underclassmen filling those positions in the latter stages of the game. Same on defense. The freshmen are getting way to much playing time. Also, whats up with having 160 lb middle linebackers. The linebackers already are sitting back and waiting for the offense to come to them instead of shooting up into fill the gaps. Our little linebackers give to much yardage cause the bigger offensive back's momentum alone gets them an extra 5 yds. We need to have Boggs and Overbey in the middle stuffing those gaps and at the line of scrimmage not 3 yds off the ball. Okey Boggs needs to be playing every play on offense and defense. I noticed,last night,that he would come out and a freshman would go in when in it was 3rd and short or 4th and short and on offense he comes out every 3 or 4 plays to rest. What's that all about? Harlan does not have enough quality linemen or linebackers to switch them in and out every 3 or 4 plays. Back in the day we had 50 players and still the starters went both ways and did not come out unless they absolutely needed a breather. Surely the Harlan team is in better shape physically than that. Now,as far as clock management goes,whenever the official starts the clock the QB or punter can wait over 20 seconds before the ball is snapped. When running the clock is crucial you shouldn't be running 4 and 5 plays and only 1 minute or less coming off the clock when you can run 22 or 23 seconds a snap off. I feel it cost us big this week and last week against LCA. Also the off. coordinator needs to be running plays that keep the clock running not stopping the clock. Needless to say there is a whole lot of things need to change if the Dragon's are going to salvage this season. I give these last 2 losses to the coaches big time and I hope they don't try and blame the boy's in the paper this week. I'm sure the whole Dragon nation is very disappointed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Think Lynn Camp is a lock? They just beat Pineville at Pineville 23-14. The Dragon's better be ready for a fight next week.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Running back 1976 Wrote:Maybe Middelsboro is better then people think and find ways to win games! Defensive Line stirred Ty up all night long! Now if they can get some back bone in the AD department and get the things they need they may get back to Middelsboro football!!! Go Jackets Great Win

How did Riddle and Poindexter do?
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:How did Riddle and Poindexter do?

I didn't hear Riddles name as much as I did Poindexter's. The Poindexter kid is in my opinion M'boro's best player.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Backwoods Wrote:Needless to say there is a whole lot of things need to change if the Dragon's are going to salvage this season. I give these last 2 losses to the coaches big time and I hope they don't try and blame the boy's in the paper this week. I'm sure the whole Dragon nation is very disappointed.

Hang in their Dragons, it is still early in the season. Plenty of time to get things turned around. I think all three of their loses were to pretty good teams, and there are some winnable games coming up.
Middlesboro really needed this game bad. This should help them the rest of the season. Good job Jackets!
Backwoods Wrote:That has been true the past 3 years but Harlan has a upperclassmen filled line this year. There's no reason why there should be underclassmen filling those positions in the latter stages of the game. Same on defense. The freshmen are getting way to much playing time. Also, whats up with having 160 lb middle linebackers. The linebackers already are sitting back and waiting for the offense to come to them instead of shooting up into fill the gaps. Our little linebackers give to much yardage cause the bigger offensive back's momentum alone gets them an extra 5 yds. We need to have Boggs and Overbey in the middle stuffing those gaps and at the line of scrimmage not 3 yds off the ball. Okey Boggs needs to be playing every play on offense and defense. I noticed,last night,that he would come out and a freshman would go in when in it was 3rd and short or 4th and short and on offense he comes out every 3 or 4 plays to rest. What's that all about? Harlan does not have enough quality linemen or linebackers to switch them in and out every 3 or 4 plays. Back in the day we had 50 players and still the starters went both ways and did not come out unless they absolutely needed a breather. Surely the Harlan team is in better shape physically than that. Now,as far as clock management goes,whenever the official starts the clock the QB or punter can wait over 20 seconds before the ball is snapped. When running the clock is crucial you shouldn't be running 4 and 5 plays and only 1 minute or less coming off the clock when you can run 22 or 23 seconds a snap off. I feel it cost us big this week and last week against LCA. Also the off. coordinator needs to be running plays that keep the clock running not stopping the clock. Needless to say there is a whole lot of things need to change if the Dragon's are going to salvage this season. I give these last 2 losses to the coaches big time and I hope they don't try and blame the boy's in the paper this week. I'm sure the whole Dragon nation is very disappointed.

I think that's one of the dangers of building up a 6-5 team into a top five team in the state in the preseason. The expectations may have been too high. You had a quarterback and a couple of receivers with good numbers, but the offensive front was a big question mark and the running game was below average last year.

I agree though that Harlan should not have lost Friday, especially with six Middlesboro turnovers.
I think the biggest question as far as time management was not letting the clock run out in the final 50 seconds and playing for overtime.
Backwoods Wrote:That has been true the past 3 years but Harlan has a upperclassmen filled line this year. There's no reason why there should be underclassmen filling those positions in the latter stages of the game. Same on defense. The freshmen are getting way to much playing time. Also, whats up with having 160 lb middle linebackers. The linebackers already are sitting back and waiting for the offense to come to them instead of shooting up into fill the gaps. Our little linebackers give to much yardage cause the bigger offensive back's momentum alone gets them an extra 5 yds. We need to have Boggs and Overbey in the middle stuffing those gaps and at the line of scrimmage not 3 yds off the ball. Okey Boggs needs to be playing every play on offense and defense. I noticed,last night,that he would come out and a freshman would go in when in it was 3rd and short or 4th and short and on offense he comes out every 3 or 4 plays to rest. What's that all about? Harlan does not have enough quality linemen or linebackers to switch them in and out every 3 or 4 plays. Back in the day we had 50 players and still the starters went both ways and did not come out unless they absolutely needed a breather. Surely the Harlan team is in better shape physically than that. Now,as far as clock management goes,whenever the official starts the clock the QB or punter can wait over 20 seconds before the ball is snapped. When running the clock is crucial you shouldn't be running 4 and 5 plays and only 1 minute or less coming off the clock when you can run 22 or 23 seconds a snap off. I feel it cost us big this week and last week against LCA. Also the off. coordinator needs to be running plays that keep the clock running not stopping the clock. Needless to say there is a whole lot of things need to change if the Dragon's are going to salvage this season. I give these last 2 losses to the coaches big time and I hope they don't try and blame the boy's in the paper this week. I'm sure the whole Dragon nation is very disappointed.

I thought that with all of those college prospects down there that wev'e heard about for years that coaching wouldn't matter. Facts are facts. If you had half the talent you thought you did, then you would have had something to show for it. Good luck winning that state title with kids that couldn't hack it at HC
Bloody Harlan Wrote:I thought that with all of those college prospects down there that wev'e heard about for years that coaching wouldn't matter. Facts are facts. If you had half the talent you thought you did, then you would have had something to show for it. Good luck winning that state title with kids that couldn't hack it at HC

Well we sure don't see HC winning that state title they been talking about for the last 4 or 5 years. Seems like if HC was as good as they say they are after running from Highlands they would have gotten a title by now. It was Southwestern Pulaski (who?) last year. Whose it going to be this year? Whitley Co. maybe. Seems to me you'd worry more about your own team than running Harlan High down,who's got just as good a chance of winning a state title as HC. Which is none.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Seems to me you'd worry more about your own team than running Harlan High down,who's got just as good a chance of winning a state title as HC. Which is none.[/QUOTE]

Your'e right. You sure do seem to be doing a good job of that without any help. Keep up the good work.
Some of these posts are so funny to me. Backwoods I usually do not say anything about people that post, but you seem to have jumped of the wagon quick! Harlan does have great talent, but talent alone will not get you the "W" every time you step on the grass. To me it is not good for a fan to get on a page and question coaches or players. I believe everyone should leave the playing up to the players and the coaching up to the coaches. People do not see that talk like this is what kills a team. This is the same type of talk that gets kids playing for themselves other than the team. Coach Donahue has been around the game for a long time. He will have the Dragons back on track by the end of the season. Also the comment about the 160lb. MLB is funny. Harlan had one of the best LB's I every watched in eastern ky. several years ago and he was about 5'6 150lbs.
Backwoods Wrote:Well we sure don't see HC winning that state title they been talking about for the last 4 or 5 years. Seems like if HC was as good as they say they are after running from Highlands they would have gotten a title by now. It was Southwestern Pulaski (who?) last year. Whose it going to be this year? Whitley Co. maybe. Seems to me you'd worry more about your own team than running Harlan High down,who's got just as good a chance of winning a state title as HC. Which is none.

Harlan County won a regional title in its third year of existence. That's an awfully good start.
Backwoods Wrote:Well we sure don't see HC winning that state title they been talking about for the last 4 or 5 years. Seems like if HC was as good as they say they are after running from Highlands they would have gotten a title by now. It was Southwestern Pulaski (who?) last year. Whose it going to be this year? Whitley Co. maybe. Seems to me you'd worry more about your own team than running Harlan High down,who's got just as good a chance of winning a state title as HC. Which is none.

When we are playing at our new field deep in the playoffs, maybe those special field passes you get at HHS will transfer over to HC so you can tell our coaches how to do their job too.
I was shocked that Middlesboro pulled this one off.
Fellas lets relax! Ty probly had the worst game of his career friday night 58 (Tyler Prater) is a pretty good lineman top 10 in the mountains! 56 (Matthew Snidier) Is probly the strongest kid on that team! they contained and got pressure on Ty all night and had him raddled! Harlan will regroup and wear Lynn Camp out! Ty will come back with a Great Game and lead the Dragons to victory so lets not Jump on these 15,16,17 year old kids and if coaching was so easy everyone would do it!
^^^^dont hand out wins so easy.didnt a 1 win lynn camp beat harlan last year{or year before that?}i think if people watch the tape of harlan they will see the weakness and the key to victory,,,,,,pressure.if you lose a game at home{homecoming}against a team with 6 turnovers,you officially have a problem.sayin all that,i believe coach donahue can fix a lot of these before the season ends.
Congratulations, Middlesboro!
FIRST Wrote:Some of these posts are so funny to me. Backwoods I usually do not say anything about people that post, but you seem to have jumped of the wagon quick! Harlan does have great talent, but talent alone will not get you the "W" every time you step on the grass. To me it is not good for a fan to get on a page and question coaches or players. I believe everyone should leave the playing up to the players and the coaching up to the coaches. People do not see that talk like this is what kills a team. This is the same type of talk that gets kids playing for themselves other than the team. Coach Donahue has been around the game for a long time. He will have the Dragons back on track by the end of the season. Also the comment about the 160lb. MLB is funny. Harlan had one of the best LB's I every watched in eastern ky. several years ago and he was about 5'6 150lbs.

I never jumped off the wagon. On the contrary,I want this to be the best team they can be. When you are up on a team with 4 minutes or less and you make no attempt to run the clock you leave yourself open for that team to come back on you. You at least run as much time off the clock as you can to put pressure on the other team. That wasn't done in either of the last two games. Most coach's make thier QB watch thier que as when to snap the ball after so much time has elapsed. Wasn't done. Say what you want,but that's smart football. Also,did you see Bell Co. put Davenport at tight end last season and not ever give him the ball. No, because he was thier best weapon. They put the ball in his hands. Dalton Overbey is probably thier best power runner and he has been put on the line at tight end and I don't think he's had a pass thrown to him this season. As far as the 160lb linebacker goes,it doesn't matter how big you are if you are gonna let the offense come to you. You are gonna loose at least 5 yds a play. That's what happened. But,you also can't expect a Freshman to do the job of a SR. The best players need to be on the field. But that's coaching.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bloody Harlan Wrote:When we are playing at our new field deep in the playoffs, maybe those special field passes you get at HHS will transfer over to HC so you can tell our coaches how to do their job too.

I'll never step foot in that new stadium that was built at the expense of the special education students at HC. That's right,HC can't hire extra therapist so the special education students can get the care they need,even though they get up to $9'000 per child per year,but they can build a multi million dollar stadium. They can't let thier student's take books home for home work but they build a multi million dollar stadium. I know first hand what's going on at HC cause my kid went there and when I took his IEP to the best Autism doctor in the state he wadded it up and threw it in the floor and said it was a joke. HC's excuse was that they couldn't afford to hire more therapists. Thats why he graduated from HHS. Education is tops at Harlan High and football is tops at HC. But not only is football tops at HC,it's done at the expense of education. They could care less if your special needs child can live on his own after high school or not. And as for HDE,why don't you write a story in your newspaper about that? Thats a story you'll never see. New stadiums are great,but not when you can't afford them. You take care of your entire family before you buy a multi million dollar stadium. I hope you enjoy it Bloody Harlan. I'm sure you'll sleep good tonight.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Listen,I support the kids at HC,but,if you think you are going to come to the Harlan thread and bash HHS and wave a new stadium in our face,then you'll get the truth from me about it. Like I said,I support the children at HC and I hope the best for them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]