Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quinton Baker era @ Ashland
A lot of people this part of the state already know him. He is wicked fast an extremely talented RB. Gonna be fun to watch next 4yrs at Ashland. He will probably break every rushing record at Ashland an most likely some state records.
I have watched him since flag football with my son an watched him grow into this phenomenal athelete. Can't wait to see what he can accomplish.
So he went to Boyd County and then came back?
FBALL Wrote:So he went to Boyd County and then came back?

Yea he left after 7th grade football season for personal reasons an came back after basketball season in March an finished 8th grade at verity.
Will he be starting this year? If so, what #? Can't wait to come play Ashland at Putnam, really hoping to get that long awaited first W there, should be an EXCELLENT game.
FBALL Wrote:So he went to Boyd County and then came back?

[quote=Belfry0304]Will he be starting this year? If so, what #? Can't wait to come play Ashland at Putnam, really hoping to get that long awaited first W there, should be an EXCELLENT game.[/QUOTE

There's a good chance, he's practicing with the varsity in the 7 on 7s an will be going to camp with them. They've been giving him reps at Corner an receiver. But he's a true running back so when reg season practice starts I'm sure he'll get reps running ball, unlike last year Ashland is going to be more ground game than last year with a strong running Qb in Elam should be as good on the ground as we were in the air. They are deep in the backfield probably wont be slinging the ball around as much. With that said he could see some time at RB but he'll definitely have to work hard to best out some of the upperclassman. He could possibly play more D than O.
Any doubters about this kid should come to Raceland Fri an sat to 7on7 an check him out for yourself. Yeah he's that good.
Did he play out of the backfield for Boyd Middle? If so, I remember hearing hype about him before they played Martin County and after the game I was unsure of why he had so much hype. I have no clue what the APB record book looks like, but I'm willing to bet that this young man doesn't shatter too many of em.
D IT UP Wrote:Did he play out of the backfield for Boyd Middle? If so, I remember hearing hype about him before they played Martin County and after the game I was unsure of why he had so much hype. I have no clue what the APB record book looks like, but I'm willing to bet that this young man doesn't shatter too many of em.

What does a Sheldon Clark alum know about football or evaluating football talent? Geez as bad as I hate to say it since Matney left Inez, Sheldon Clark's program has been nothing but preseason hype and post season crying of what should've been. Mark my word Baker will star in Coach Hart's system.
D IT UP Wrote:Did he play out of the backfield for Boyd Middle? If so, I remember hearing hype about him before they played Martin County and after the game I was unsure of why he had so much hype. I have no clue what the APB record book looks like, but I'm willing to bet that this young man doesn't shatter too many of em.

He was at Boyd 1 football season his 8th grade yr. An came back to verity an finished 8th grade there. But the crazy offense they ran out there at Boyd middle did not suit him at all an still lead that team in every catagory. His 7th grade year at verity he had over 1200 yards an 40 tds. He will thrive at Ashland an bring many a happy Friday nites at Putnam Stadium an any other stadium he enters the next 4 yrs.

My guess is you'll be eating those word for quite dome time. :Sad04:
BADCAT74 Wrote:He was at Boyd 1 football season his 8th grade yr. An came back to verity an finished 8th grade there. But the crazy offense they ran out there at Boyd middle did not suit him at all an still lead that team in every catagory. His 7th grade year at verity he had over 1200 yards an 40 tds. He will thrive at Ashland an bring many a happy Friday nites at Putnam Stadium an any other stadium he enters the next 4 yrs.

My guess is you'll be eating those word for quite dome time. :Sad04:

And that 7th grade team got beat by Johnson Central 7th pretty good in the state playoffs at Putnam Stadium.
MR. Slate Wrote:And that 7th grade team got beat by Johnson Central 7th pretty good in the state playoffs at Putnam Stadium.

Got beat pretty good?? It was a 1 score game, something like 36-28. Don't know what game u watched.
Well Quinton Baker Got off to a rousing Start in his ASHLAND TOMCAT career with a 20yd Td on the first touch/ first offensive play of the game for Ashland.

"D IT U" its quite apparent that our record books aren't the only thing you haven't a clue about?

3 tds an 3 2pt conversions not a bad start for 14 year old kid who couldn't even impress the people of Martin Co.

Ashland 51
Lawrence Co 20
Baker can have a big future but he would be better served if he transferred to a school that will make it out of eastern Kentucky at playoff time. He will need exposure beyond Morehead.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Baker can have a big future but he would be better served if he transferred to a school that will make it out of eastern Kentucky at playoff time. He will need exposure beyond Morehead.

Quinton WILL have a big future, and he is where he belongs and is very happy to be part of the Tomcat tradition. He will get all the exposure he needs right where he's at, maybe with all your football an PR experience you could volunteer your services since your so concerned about Mr. BAKER. :popcorn:
Don't take this wrong but did he even get touched? The story of this game was the line play on both sides for Ashland Blazer dominating Lawrence County.
It doesn't matter where a kid plays, if they are good they will get noticed. In this day and age of social media, youtube and everyone having access to the internet, college coaches will get to see and hear plenty about this kid. And I would think that his dad might be able to get him in touch with a coach somewhere, haha. :thanks:
Great start for his career. Anyone know how many yards he had? Baker has a bright future at Ashland.
Hunter/James Wrote:Great start for his career. Anyone know how many yards he had? Baker has a bright future at Ashland.

78 on 10 carries 3 tds 3 2pt conversions
BADCAT74 Wrote:Quinton WILL have a big future, and he is where he belongs and is very happy to be part of the Tomcat tradition. He will get all the exposure he needs right where he's at, maybe with all your football an PR experience you could volunteer your services since your so concerned about Mr. BAKER. :popcorn:

Sorry, Badcat74. No intention to offend but merely to state the obvious. You boys are far too sensitive and are predictable in stating the usual Ashland line which is a good bit outdated. When I think of real tradition, I think of Louisville Trinity, Fort Thomas Highlands, Beechwood, Boyle County, Louisville St. Xavier, and a few more with recent championships. I just think Baker would get much more exposure at one of these, or LexCath, or CovCath, or Bowling Green, etc. than he'll get at Ashland. It could be the difference between Eastern Kentucky University and a big time school.

Again, no offense meant but you must be realistic and know your boys will not get past our northern Kentucky powers.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Will he be starting this year? If so, what #? Can't wait to come play Ashland at Putnam, really hoping to get that long awaited first W there, should be an EXCELLENT game.
That will be a great night for football. Putnam is a tough place to play, but if Belfry does have one victory over Ashland there.

If Baker is near as good as we have heard, it will be a privilege to watch him play. Is he as fast as his daddy was?
Arliss beach graduated from Ashland went to UK and spent a year on the green bay packers practice squad. Probably would've made the team had he not hurt his ankle in the first preseason game. If the kid is good enough he will get noticed at Ashland. Idk why these kids have to play at nky,Lexington or Louisville schools. Juan Thomas who graduate in either 90 91 was also a good enough athlete to play nfl level he just chose to play professional baseball instead. If the kid is good enough he will get noticed. At 14 years old baker was one of the biggest kids on the field. If he puts in the work in the weight room to go with his natural gifts he will be on the same level as the others mentioned.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Arliss beach graduated from Ashland went to UK and spent a year on the green bay packers practice squad. Probably would've made the team had he not hurt his ankle in the first preseason game. If the kid is good enough he will get noticed at Ashland. Idk why these kids have to play at nky,Lexington or Louisville schools. Juan Thomas who graduate in either 90 91 was also a good enough athlete to play nfl level he just chose to play professional baseball instead. If the kid is good enough he will get noticed. At 14 years old baker was one of the biggest kids on the field. If he puts in the work in the weight room to go with his natural gifts he will be on the same level as the others mentioned.

Too many excuses. Far too few results. You have one guy who played at UK- not exactly a big time football school- who played briefly on a practice squad in the NFL. Not much of a program resume. Check out what the schools, particularly the schools in my area, have produced. Then you will understand why I recommend a transfer.

I'm not trying to offend anyone. I'm just pointing out the need for a bit of planning for the future to maximize opportunity. It makes good sense. Better to be seen playing northern Kentucky and Cincinnati area schools than lackies like Lawrence County, Boyd County, and Greenup County.
[quote=Harry Rex Vonner]Sorry, Badcat74. No intention to offend but merely to state the obvious. You boys are far too sensitive and are predictable in stating the usual Ashland line which is a good bit outdated. When I think of real tradition, I think of Louisville Trinity, Fort Thomas Highlands, Beechwood, Boyle County, Louisville St. Xavier, and a few more with recent championships. I just think Baker would get much more exposure at one of these, or LexCath, or CovCath, or Bowling Green, etc. than he'll get at Ashland. It could be the difference between Eastern Kentucky University and a big time school.

Again, no offense meant but you must be realistic and know your boys will not get past our northern Ke
ntucky

university's Of Trinity,catholic etc.... not going to get into that on this thread but there is one for it its called public vs private.
Go Cats Tradition Rich Cats! I'll take my cats over those meat markets anyday!
BADCAT74 Wrote:[quote=Harry Rex Vonner]Sorry, Badcat74. No intention to offend but merely to state the obvious. You boys are far too sensitive and are predictable in stating the usual Ashland line which is a good bit outdated. When I think of real tradition, I think of Louisville Trinity, Fort Thomas Highlands, Beechwood, Boyle County, Louisville St. Xavier, and a few more with recent championships. I just think Baker would get much more exposure at one of these, or LexCath, or CovCath, or Bowling Green, etc. than he'll get at Ashland. It could be the difference between Eastern Kentucky University and a big time school.

Again, no offense meant but you must be realistic and know your boys will not get past our northern Kentucky powers.[/

Oh yeah you mean the university Of Trinity,catholic etc.... not going to get into that on this thread but there is one for it its called public vs private.
Go Cats Tradition Rich Cats! I'll take my cats over those meat markets anyday!

Do you boys up there in the north corner of the state do anything but make excuses for your lack of success. When all else fails, blame everyone else. It is kind of like, "We have a great tradition because we say we say we have a great tradition". Any facts to back it up?
Baker was impressive last night and has all the makings of a star for years to come. But to say he was "one of the biggest on the field" simply isn't true. The kid is not BIG right now.

Just couldn't let that go.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Baker was impressive last night and has all the makings of a star for years to come. But to say he was "one of the biggest on the field" simply isn't true. The kid is not BIG right now.

Just couldn't let that go.

Yeah gotta say tomcat722000 not sure where that came from he's 5'10 165. solid as granite but hardly biggest on the field. If he can break the 190 possibly 200 mark look out I don't think anyone could stop him. He'll get bigger just not much taller maybe 6' 200lbs in a couple years.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:[quote=BADCAT74]

Do you boys up there in the north corner of the state do anything but make excuses for your lack of success. When all else fails, blame everyone else. It is kind of like, "We have a great tradition because we say we say we have a great tradition". Any facts to back it up?

You've been trying to stir something up this past week or two. But I'm not bitin
enjoy your season Harry I'm sure going to!
BADCAT74 Wrote:Yeah gotta say tomcat722000 not sure where that came from he's 5'10 165. solid as granite but hardly biggest on the field. If he can break the 190 possibly 200 mark look out I don't think anyone could stop him. He'll get bigger just not much taller maybe 6' 200lbs in a couple years.

5-10 @ 14 is pretty good size. But by biggest I mean as far as muscle and physique not just actual mass he had more muscle to him than most out there especially for a fourteen year old he has the body if he can grow into it of a kid that can play anywhere. He isn't any smaller than the Switzer kid from George Washington who was getting all the d1 looks and he is 3 years younger. The kid is gonna be electric. Also I agree comparing trinity and other private schools history to Ashland just doesn't make sense. Can't really argue with highlands though
How many big time backs have come out of all these big time high school and made an impact in college or pro. No matter where you play the cream will rise to the top.