Aug 31, 12 Newport (home) 7:30 PM KRMC Honey Bowl
Sep 7, 12 Jackson County (away) 7:30 PM
Sep 14, 12 Somerset (away) 7:30 PM
Sep 21, 12 Hazard (away) 7:30 PM
Sep 28, 12 Magoffin County (home) 7:30 PM
Oct 12, 12 Morgan County (away) 7:30 PM
Oct 19, 12 Knott County Central (home) 7:30 PM
Oct 26, 12 Clay County (home) 7:30 PM
Breathitt County will be a very dangerous team this upcoming season. They'll be undefeated heading into the playoffs. Should be between them and Belfry to see who goes to State
Should be but they go to hazard ans somerset big games on the road.
:worthy:Breathitt will be very good. Undefeated No!! They will play a very Good Somerset team om Road. Yea I know they beat Somerset 20-0 last year but Somerset fumbled like 5 times in Red Zone. This will be a Very Good Ballgame.
Breathitt will have a very good chance at going 10-0 once again this season and will likely meet Belfry again in the regional championship. With that being said I would like to see the bobcats play a more difficult schedule. With such a weak district Holcomb needs to start scheduling teams that will prepare the bobcats for the playoffs. Hazard and Somerset are quality teams but other than these two teams no one will come close to competing with the bobcats this year. The biggest question mark for this years team will be replacing Will Thomas Collins at RB. The addition of Shouse will be huge on defense and he will be another sure handed reciever on the offensive side of the ball. With another year under his belt at QB, Trent will be the best player in the mountains and will have the bobcats a top three team in 3A this year. I believe this years team will be the best team the bobcats have had since "08". Good Luck bobcats and go get #4.
Cat Daddy Wrote:Breathitt will have a very good chance at going 10-0 once again this season and will likely meet Belfry again in the regional championship. With that being said I would like to see the bobcats play a more difficult schedule. With such a weak district Holcomb needs to start scheduling teams that will prepare the bobcats for the playoffs. Hazard and Somerset are quality teams but other than these two teams no one will come close to competing with the bobcats this year. The biggest question mark for this years team will be replacing Will Thomas Collins at RB. The addition of Shouse will be huge on defense and he will be another sure handed reciever on the offensive side of the ball. With another year under his belt at QB, Trent will be the best player in the mountains and will have the bobcats a top three team in 3A this year. I believe this years team will be the best team the bobcats have had since "08". Good Luck bobcats and go get #4.

Who is #4?

With Central, Belfry, Breathitt, and Bell there has to be an odd man out if Breathitt is #3.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Who is #4?

With Central, Belfry, Breathitt, and Bell there has to be an odd man out if Breathitt is #3.

#4 meaning the fourth state championship. I think Breathitt, Bell and Belfry are pretty much equal. Any team could beat the other on any given night.
Cat Daddy Wrote:Breathitt will have a very good chance at going 10-0 once again this season and will likely meet Belfry again in the regional championship. With that being said I would like to see the bobcats play a more difficult schedule. With such a weak district Holcomb needs to start scheduling teams that will prepare the bobcats for the playoffs. Hazard and Somerset are quality teams but other than these two teams no one will come close to competing with the bobcats this year. The biggest question mark for this years team will be replacing Will Thomas Collins at RB. The addition of Shouse will be huge on defense and he will be another sure handed reciever on the offensive side of the ball. With another year under his belt at QB, Trent will be the best player in the mountains and will have the bobcats a top three team in 3A this year. I believe this years team will be the best team the bobcats have had since "08". Good Luck bobcats and go get #4.

I understand what you are saying with the schedule but you also need to consider that when the contracts for these games was signed both Clay and Letcher were thought to be better than what they are. They both underachieved big time last year and with this being the final year of both contracts we will likely see new teams added next year.
Altro Cat Wrote:I understand what you are saying with the schedule but you also need to consider that when the contracts for these games was signed both Clay and Letcher were thought to be better than what they are. They both underachieved big time last year and with this being the final year of both contracts we will likely see new teams added next year.

I would like to see an attractive opponent for the Honey Bowl. I am not knocking Newport but I would like see past opponents such as P-Burg or Johnson Central. It would be nice to have a team with a big fan base and tradition to match up with the bobcats in the Honey Bowl. I understand how contracts work and you must honor your contract but hopefully Holcomb will beef up the schedule in the future.
Breathitt, Belfry, and Bell are the top teams in 3A for Eky. Too bad that Bell is not in the East bracket as they should be. The playoffs will be exciting as usual because of these teams. Not many schools are as consistent as these three.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Cat Daddy Wrote:#4 meaning the fourth state championship. I think Breathitt, Bell and Belfry are pretty much equal. Any team could beat the other on any given night.

As it stands now I agree. IMHO, the addition of Shouse puts Breathitt clearly in the mix with the other 3 teams. Before that I would have put them slightly below those 3, but by adding him the Bobcats get an All-State calibur defender and also an all-region caliber TE. That, in itself, is like adding two new play makers.

Who will take over at RB for Breathitt with Collins moving on? that is literally the only major void I see the Bobcats having to address from a pretty darn good team from last season.
breathitt county will have a very very good D with probally one of the best if not the best d -lines
A few teams to think about B.C. playing.
Ironton,Oh
Beechwood
Ryle
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:A few teams to think about B.C. playing.
Ironton,Oh
Beechwood
Ryle

Green Co.\Marion Co.\Russell Co.\Larue County
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Who will be replacing Collins at RB this year?
Cat Daddy Wrote:Who will be replacing Collins at RB this year?

From what I have heard from the players coach has told them it is going to be an open competition between a handful of players to win the spot.
I felt last year that breathitt would be good but they were still a year away well it's that year and I expect them to do big things this year if they can get by hazard on the road then I see em being 10-0 going into the playoffs
A good opponent for Breathitt would be Corbin every year.
Both 3A teams and most years would be pretty even.
did the cox kid from powell co. come to breathitt. breathitt will have ton of skill players. does anyone know if ryan cox is stay at breathitt . hope so he is good kid...GO BOBCATS
madman Wrote:did the cox kid from powell co. come to breathitt. breathitt will have ton of skill players. does anyone know if ryan cox is stay at breathitt . hope so he is good kid...GO BOBCATS

Ryan Cox is still at Breathitt. The Cox kid from Powell County is rumored to be practicing with the bobcats and will be a bobcat in the fall.
Cat Daddy Wrote:Ryan Cox is still at Breathitt. The Cox kid from Powell County is rumored to be practicing with the bobcats and will be a bobcat in the fall.

I have too heard this....What position will he play since Trent will be the QB?

I dread seeing August 17......
Well I've spoke with one of my good friends who is very close to the Pike Central program and he has told me that Cox would be at Pike Central.

Cox has also posted photos of a Pike Central letterman jacket.

I'm not sure what it all means.
J-Rod Wrote:Well I've spoke with one of my good friends who is very close to the Pike Central program and he has told me that Cox would be at Pike Central.

Cox has also posted photos of a Pike Central letterman jacket.

I'm not sure what it all means.

Cox moved back to Powell after the short stint at Pike Central.

His dad updated his facebook status "We're ok just got moved back to Powell) last month. Justin also has pictures of him being in Powell's locker room this month
Strikeout King Wrote:I have too heard this....What position will he play since Trent will be the QB?

I dread seeing August 17......

Cox will be playing S/DB on defense and he will most likely be playing WR on offense. I could also see him playing RB as well. If he is indeed playing for Breathitt this fall, it would put the bobcats as the favorite coming out of the East in 3A.
I have heard that he would be at breathitt. Just have to wait and see
Cat Daddy Wrote:Cox will be playing S/DB on defense and he will most likely be playing WR on offense. I could also see him playing RB as well. If he is indeed playing for Breathitt this fall, it would put the bobcats as the favorite coming out of the East in 3A.

[Image: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-FkyAjelpVis/Tq...corso1.jpg]

TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
Strikeout King Wrote:Cox moved back to Powell after the short stint at Pike Central.

His dad updated his facebook status "We're ok just got moved back to Powell) last month. Justin also has pictures of him being in Powell's locker room this month

However, Justin himself said about a couple weeks ago that he wanted to spend some time with his Powell friends before supposedly moving back to Pike Co.

My friend says that he moved back.
I don't know man. Just what I've heard and seen. I know before he moved to Pike County the first time he was at the Powell/Estill game at Estill
So, did JP Chapman go back to the Bobcats, as many have speculated?
Cox is going to Breathitt County.