Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama announces he supports same-sex marriage
TheRealVille Wrote:Cool. Bob and TRT will call you an idiot and a moron when you disagree with them, and they claim to be christians. Both have preached salvation to me also.

Uh....cuse me? Where did I ever call you an idiot or a moron?
Bob Seger Wrote:Uh....cuse me? Where did I ever call you an idiot or a moron?
You were talking about somebody.

Bob Seger Wrote:Like I've told one of em before TRT. "You have got to be the dumbest moron, bar none, to ever post on this board". Not mentioning any names though......Confusednicker:
TheRealVille Wrote:Cool. Bob and TRT will call you an idiot and a moron when you disagree with them, and they claim to be christians. Both have preached salvation to me also. If there was a heaven and hell, which there isn't IMO, I don't want to be no where near heaven with some of these guys. I wouldn't even want to stand near them in a thunderstorm.

You can spend the rest of the night going through my posts if you want but, I have never come close to calling you a moron OR and idiot. It's amazing though, when it comes to identifying Christian behavior and my shortfalls, you can dot the I's and cross the T's. Part of being a Christian means standing up for what's right. Anytime I have argued a point of moral origin, I have cited scripture to back up my position. And, I have gone to great length to explain why I believe man crosses the line every time he makes law which stands in contrast to God's Written Word. You can disagree with me or Bob all you want and no big deal, but, I would be remiss if I did not point out the penalty for you disagreeing with the Lord. I would be devoid of honor if I did not point out the danger of actions of men that are in direct conflict with God's law. All I'm doing is pointing out that every man will stand in front of the Almighty.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:You were talking about somebody.

And your name was mentioned where?
TheRealThing Wrote:You can spend the rest of the night going through my posts if you want but, I have never come close to calling you a moron OR and idiot. It's amazing though, when it comes to identifying Christian behavior and my shortfalls, you can dot the I's and cross the T's. Part of being a Christian means standing up for what's right. Anytime I have argued a point of moral origin, I have cited scripture to back up my position. And, I have gone to great length to explain why I believe man crosses the line every time he makes law which stands in contrast to God's Written Word. You can disagree with me or Bob all you want and no big deal, but, I would be remiss if I did not point out the penalty for you disagreeing with the Lord. I would be devoid of honor if I did not point out the danger of actions of men that are in direct conflict with God's law. All I'm doing is pointing out that every man will stand in front of the Almighty.
Says you. I won't.
Bob Seger Wrote:And your name was mentioned where?
I didn't say me, did I? But, you called somebody a moron in that post, and you have called others idiots before, (I'm sure I'm in one of the posts), for disagreeing with you.
TheRealVille Wrote:Says you. I won't.

I'm more inclined to believe the "Every knee shall bow, and every tounge confess" teachings. Course you can think as you wish.
Bob Seger Wrote:I'm more inclined to believe the "Every knee shall bow, and every tounge confess" teachings. Course you can think as you wish.
You preaching now, after calling someone a moron? You gonna cry during church sunday also?
TheRealVille Wrote:I didn't say me, did I? But, you called somebody a moron in that post, and you have called others idiots before, (I'm sure I'm in one of the posts), for disagreeing with you.

As I have been in yours as well,so why the crying? You dont see me whining over your name calling in the past. Do you?
TheRealVille Wrote:You preaching now, after calling someone a moron? You gonna cry during church sunday also?

lol....Ah come on now, Mr. Sensitive......Confusednicker:

As I said, you are free to think as you wish. I'm not criticizing, just stating my opinion, just as you are.
Bob Seger Wrote:As I have been in yours as well,so why the crying? You dont see me whining over your name calling in the past. Do you?
I don't preach and quote bible verses though.
TheRealVille Wrote:Says you. I won't.

I also said I haven't insulted your intelligence, you going to just start making stuff up now? That truly is "speaking like a true democrat". I expected better from you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bob Seger Wrote:As I have been in yours as well,so why the crying? You dont see me whining over your name calling in the past. Do you?
Find a post where I called you an idiot or moron for disagreeing with me.
TheRealVille Wrote:Find a post where I called you an idiot or moron for disagreeing with me.

Oh I could, where you have not only called me, but anyone else who disagrees with you, but I'm not going to waste my time because I just plain dont care. I'm just not that sensitive. I'm sure Hoot has felt that wrath more than once though. You want to disagree with any of that?
TheRealVille Wrote:I don't preach and quote bible verses though.

I just said I prefer to go with that train of thought. For the third time, I stress that however you are free to think as you wish.
Bob Seger Wrote:Oh I could, where you have not only called me, but anyone else who disagrees with you, but I'm not going to waste my time because I just plain dont care. I'm just not that sensitive. I'm sure Hoot has felt that wrath more than once though. You want to disagree with any of that?
I've never once called anybody a name because they disagree with me. I will on the other hand, return fire with fire on other things.
TheRealVille Wrote:I've never once called anybody a name because they disagree with me. I will on the other hand, return fire with fire on other things.

Come on now, do you honestly believe that there is the first person on here that will buy any of that?....lol......... Like I said I dont care because it doesn't bother me, so you dont have to sell me a bill of goods for anything.
TheRealThing Wrote:I also said I haven't insulted your intelligence, you going to just start making stuff up now? That truly is "speaking like a true democrat". I expected better from you.
You said "every man will meet the almighty", which includes me. I said, "Says you. I won't". Stay with me TRT.
Bob Seger Wrote:Come on now, do you honestly believe that there is the first person on here that will buy any of that?....lol......... Like I said I dont care because it doesn't bother me, so you dont have to sell me a bill of goods for anything.
Find the post, or shut up about it.
TheRealVille Wrote:Find the post, or shut up about it.

I'm not wasting my time finding anything. Like I said it doesn't matter to me, you're the one doing the crybabying over it. Let it go.....lol

Gosh, somebody seems to be getting a little touchy here. Am I sensing a temper tantrum abrewing here? Settle down... Sheesh!!
TheRealVille Wrote:You said "every man will meet the almighty", which includes me. I said, "Says you. I won't". Stay with me TRT.

I'll try to keep up, correct me if I'm wrong but, did not you say I called you a moron and an idiot or do I need to quote you again? I agreed with you in that I did say what you said I did (bolded), but you're still dodging the obvious, when did I call you any name, much less a moron or an idiot?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I'll try to keep up, correct me if I'm wrong but, did not you say I called you a moron and an idiot or do I need to quote you again? I agreed with you in that I did say what you said I did (bolded), but you're still dodging the obvious, when did I call you any name, much less a moron or an idiot?
You might not use those exact words, but you do use little comments that lean toward the same thing.
TheRealVille Wrote:You might not use those exact words, but you do use little comments that lean toward the same thing.

Well, you're right about that, I don't use those words. I always try to develope my arguments as I feel many of the issues we talk about on here will bring about the fall of our nation. I love my country, I'm proud to say I fought for her and I would do it again. I will do what ever I can to oppose the destructive policies of the progressive/liberal political machine. I am 100% an enemy to their cause, and further I find their views disgusting and unAmerican.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bob Seger Wrote:Never.

Maybe I have just been naive. I guess you can expect some of this stuff to be present in the weirdo capitals of the world such as LA and Frisco, but before getting involved with this forum, I never imagined that there were people living right here among us in this area that are as vile, corrupted, mentally sick, and as evil minded as what they are. Man, have we ever got em right here with us.

It is scary to think and you are right. I do not know your educational background - but if you haven't had a college level philosophy or religion college class recently, I suggest you give one a shot because then you will see just how big the religion of liberalism is getting in this area.

I have been both to a small local community college and the big university.
The universities already have a rep for shoving liberalism down people's throats, but the small community college I went to my first two years was just as bad. The first degree I got was an associate's in liberal arts (undecided at the time). Had multiple sociology, philosophy, religion, and history classes there and had plenty of liberalism stuffed down my throat in those classes.
I believe in God, and I believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ. I do not support Obama, but I also think Romney's a complete joke, and I think Washington is a circus. With all of that said, I support gay marriage and my reason is fairly simple. I think Ive already stated it in other threads but for the sake of this one, Ill state it again. Marriage should be between a man and woman, right? Because its just "soooooooo" sacred. Over the last 40 years, the "sanctity" of marriage has become a joke hilarious enough to rival any '70s Saturday Night Live skit. The "only men and women should be allowed to get married because thats the CHRISTIAN way" loses its validity everytime those "Christians" file for divorce, breaking that whole "til death do us part" vow, which is 50% of the time the first marriage. "Til death do us part" ends 67% of the time for the second marriage, and finally, "Til death do us part" ends 74% of the time the third time they take those "sacred vows" (another site lists 41/60/73 but these came from divorcerate.org). I consider most everybody that has posted in this thread to be very good friends, people that I enjoy talking too, generally like, and people that I have very much respect for, but this is the one subject that I usually disagree with them on. My views on marriage arent exactly Nobel Prize worthy anyway..HOWEVER, the hypocrisy from Christians (whether saved or not) on this subject nauseate me, as at least 7 out of 10 of them have usually been divorced, and I would guarantee over 99% of them had premarital sex, and over half of them have had affairs. If they can butcher what marriage is supposed to be all about, then I see no reason why gays should be excluded. I'm not a "queer lover" and I do NOT condone the homosexual lifestyle, but they are people, just like anybody else in my book. You leave me alone, and Ill leave you alone. I dont care what they do as long as its not hurting me or my family. One thing I WILL say, however, is that I do NOT, nor will I ever support gays being able to adopt children. But thats an entirely different subject. Anyways, good debate so far, gentlemen. Keep it up. Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ That's fair TH32, and I respect you. I'm a very open person, and I do not let those around me - BOTHER me! However, what I support versus is very different than what I ignore. And what I ignore is 100% what makes me guilty as a Christian. You said you are a christian. If so, then I'm confused by your comment that you support it. The Bible is clear that marriage is between a man and a woman. The Bible is clear that homosexuality as an immoral, abomination, and declares homosexual desires and actions to be shameful, unnatural, lustful, and indecent. The Bible's condemnation of homosexuality is at the exact same level as beastiality! I no more will support homosexuality than I would the Mexican Woman who gets her Butt womped by a Donkey in Tijuana! Same thing.

Your comments are 100% right about divorce, but fix divorce issues. How, by becoming a better christian! Why, because "Man's" first tendency is SIN! Thus, it is always easier for a man to fall to sin than it is to Christ. You issue on the whole divorce side is weakened by not pointing out that what makes man happy as a man ( which means both man and woman) is to lust, thus fornicate, thus divorce. That's the sin, and it comes natural to sin. Thus, if you are a christian, you are right to not support those sins. Then if you do not support those sins that makes man "happy", then you cannot support a man who sleeps with a man, or a woman who sleeps with a woman, because those are sins, and they are easy for those individuals to do!

Do you feel that it's OK to screw a Donkey - If you LOVE that Donkey? Even if you truly believe you love that Donkey??? Same thing, so you would have to support those who engage with Sheep as you do with a Man who loves a Pig in his Blanket!

I appreciate your view, but if you are going to say you are a christian, then I'm confused by your stance!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I believe in God, and I believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ. I do not support Obama, but I also think Romney's a complete joke, and I think Washington is a circus. With all of that said, I support gay marriage and my reason is fairly simple. I think Ive already stated it in other threads but for the sake of this one, Ill state it again. Marriage should be between a man and woman, right? Because its just "soooooooo" sacred. Over the last 40 years, the "sanctity" of marriage has become a joke hilarious enough to rival any '70s Saturday Night Live skit. The "only men and women should be allowed to get married because thats the CHRISTIAN way" loses its validity everytime those "Christians" file for divorce, breaking that whole "til death do us part" vow, which is 50% of the time the first marriage. "Til death do us part" ends 67% of the time for the second marriage, and finally, "Til death do us part" ends 74% of the time the third time they take those "sacred vows" (another site lists 41/60/73 but these came from divorcerate.org). I consider most everybody that has posted in this thread to be very good friends, people that I enjoy talking too, generally like, and people that I have very much respect for, but this is the one subject that I usually disagree with them on. My views on marriage arent exactly Nobel Prize worthy anyway..HOWEVER, the hypocrisy from Christians (whether saved or not) on this subject nauseate me, as at least 7 out of 10 of them have usually been divorced, and I would guarantee over 99% of them had premarital sex, and over half of them have had affairs. If they can butcher what marriage is supposed to be all about, then I see no reason why gays should be excluded. I'm not a "queer lover" and I do NOT condone the homosexual lifestyle, but they are people, just like anybody else in my book. You leave me alone, and Ill leave you alone. I dont care what they do as long as its not hurting me or my family. One thing I WILL say, however, is that I do NOT, nor will I ever support gays being able to adopt children. But thats an entirely different subject. Anyways, good debate so far, gentlemen. Keep it up. Smile

The Bible does not change. It clearly states that marriage is between a man and a woman. Hypocrisy has existed between the times of Jesus (especially with the religious leaders) and now. I will use your philosophy on this. Everybody has lied, stolen, cheated, held anger in their heart (which is equivalent to murder according to the Bible). Nobody, Christian or non, can deny that they did at least one of these sins at some point in their lives. Now since pretty much everybody has done this, I guess we should support lying, cheating, and holding grudges since we all know that the percentage of people who have committed these sins is 100%, much higher than the divorce percentages..

The problem with divorce I think partially traces to toughness. Instead of taking the time to settle things through the struggles and work together, people separate. One big argument and it's game over for marriages. Is it right? Absolutely not. Is it right for people to steal money from the Church? Absolutely not. But just because somebody is being hypocritical that doesn't mean the behavior should suddenly be supported.
I have a newfound respect, for lack of a better word, for TheRealVille. He and I agree on nothing. I feel sure that we cancel out each other's vote without exception. Still, he openly and clearly states that he is not a Christian and does not consider biblical teachings as relevant.

Good for him. He is honest. He is certainly not a hypocrite for supporting Obama and other secular humanists who support agendas clearly condemned in the Scriptures (ie: abortion, same sex marriage, etc.).

The ones that I have great trouble with are the Cafeteria Christians who like to pick and choose what they wish to believe and what they wish to ignore. No, the Holy Bible does not teach "fairness" nor "economic equality". Neither does the United States Constitution. You have the right to pursue happiness- not a right to happiness. I have had individuals tell me that they are Democrats and Christians and that one is as important as the other to them. These people are the fools who, in the end, will destroy the country and probably have a hard time getting past St. Peter's gate. Oh, and before someone whines, the same goes for those who hold being a Republican and a Christian in equal esteem.

Now, I'll have more than my share of matters to answer for when judged. I do buy lottery tickets on occasion, have been known to use foul language, and do believe that there are few liquids better that Jack Daniel's Black Label, Bacardi's Dark Rum (with Coca-Cola, of course), and Popcorn Sutton's Tennessee White Whiskey (a/k/a/ legal Moonshine). But, my many failings will not include supporting those who openly advocate the murder of the innocents prior to birth and the destruction of the biblically-based traditional family unit as does the little fellow in the Whitre House. That, I cannot do.

As I said before, Obama is dangerous. If he is reelected and has really no one to answer to, you will find out just how dangerous. And, it will be too late for you Cafeteria Christians.
Well, before anybody makes assumptions about my stance, please let me ALSO say that although I do believe in God and the resurrection, in the same breath, I will admit that I am at odds with some of the normal Christian beliefs. Dont question God? WHY? I would like to know answers instead of getting the "because its in the Bible" answer everytime I ask. Explain to me, WHY this happens or that happens. I didnt say that I am gonna go toe to toe with Him. I live my life constantly wanting to learn new things. I have read the Bible. I said I do not condone homosexuality, but many of you are talking about "picking and choosing what they believe in, what they stand up for", and yet you want to talk about Cafeteria Christians? Truth, Dusty, Wideright, first and foremost, I respect you all A LOT, but 90% of your Cafeteria Christians attend Church every Sunday morning, and are BY FAR the most hypocritical people walking the face of the earth. I have learned over the past ten years, that you CANNOT depend on the Church for ANYTHING. I cannot respect "Christians" that are praising God on facebook, or are out in public pointing fingers at those that do wrong, gossiping relentlessly about other people, and I honestly cannot think of ONE SINGLE THING they do in public that is POSITIVE, BUT, they are good and decent people because they go to church every Sunday, so that makes them a Christian.. When I worked for three summers helping my aunt build houses and do work for people, I was to charge a pastor (who at the time was driving a newer Lincoln Town Car and living in a beautiful home) $120 for four hours of labor and work I done on his wiring and outlets. Know what I got? I got $45 and a "The Lord will Bless you for this" quote. I told him he was $75 short, and wrote him out a bill, which he never paid. In my eyes, that pastor is nothing more than a good for nothing THIEF. I know this is common in that line of work, and I know that all Christians arent like that, BUT this guy was a PASTOR using the Lord to his advantage, for his convenience. During the tornado relief, I will say there were VERY few churches (out of well over 20 that I visited in this area) that helped (by sending food, money, supplies, etc). I am thankful, and grateful for those few churches. If these able bodied Christians would get off of their butts and do something in the community instead of pointing and gossiping and worrying about their drama teams, then I would give them five minutes of my time to hear what they have to say. I cannot respect church members that do not go see the elderly people (Cant cook, give money or help with the drama team? We dont need you anymore!), and I can tell you that the people in the churches know this is a problem. I am NOT a Cafeteria Christian. I do NOT regularly attend Church (most of the people here go to church just to be seen in the public eye anyway). And unless its about some pillhead junkie stealing off of an elderly person, or I hear of a child being molested or something like that, then I wont pass judgement on someone, and whether anyone on this forum wants to admit it or not, WE ALL HAVE PASSED JUDGEMENT and we do it every single day. I do it everyday I hear of something horrible like that mentioned above. I honestly and truthfully try my absolute best every single day of my LIFE to do good things for those that are less fortunate, and that is a promise Ive made to the people that love me, and to God himself. God knows all to well that I have my faults, but I believe that He knows I am a very good person that has done, currently is doing, and Lord willing, will be able to continue to do good works. I have dedicated my life to helping those in need, and to helping our Veterans. I would rather do what I am doing, and thats just trying to be a good, decent person, than to be able bodied, go to church every Sunday, and not do one single thing to help those in need, or to even make the time to GO SEE someone that needs company. I know whats in the Bible, and I know gay marriage is wrong, but if those people are good enough to go into the military, and go to war for all of us, then let them marry. A sin is a sin, right? Its no different than these Cafeteria Christians having premarital sex, or living together without being married and attending Church on Sunday. Compared to the other problems we have in this country, in my opinion anyways, this is minor.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ TidesHoss, thank you for the compliment and I respect your post as well. What you are seeing is hypocrisy and this is the exact same stuff that Jesus dealt with during his time. Notice the story in the Bible about the prostitute where he said, "He who is without sin cast the first stone." I will openly tell you that I sin, just like Truth had said. I cuss when I shouldn't, I don't drink/smoke but I eat horribly which is just as bad, and I can't even count how many times I screw up in a day. However, I do not support what I do...I trace this back to Romans 7:15 where Paul talks about how he does not like to sin but he does it anyway.

We are used to the American standards. People here do not forgive. They will get on the internet and bash people to no end over something. Whether it be a movie star getting into drugs, a politician having an affair, or whichever. They will judge them to no end. However, in God's eyes, stealing a 25 cent pack of gum, showing anger, or gossip/slander would be just as bad as those sins. It's just like homosexuality. In his eyes, it's no worse or better than any of the previously mentioned, but it's a sin.

I do especially agree about people needing to get off their butts. That is a major, major weakness with a lot of Christians and I know God is not happy about that. I think of what Truth said about purchasing a lottery ticket or drinking every now and then and he will be an example of what I am about to say. He may do that every now and then, but I would be he is one of these people that are out doing stuff for their community and making a difference. No matter what we do, how hard we try, we cannot live up to the standards of the Bible and anyone that claims they can is telling a big, fat, lie.

To many people, this problem with some Christians acting arrogant, lazy, and judgmental is new. It has actually been a major problem that has gone all the way back to the times of Jesus. Jesus never yelled at any of the sinners in the Bible or judged them. In fact, he always reached out to them and said that "it is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick." The only people he DID yell at were the religious leaders, who were turning people away because of their financial status or other lame reasons.