Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County 13 - Owsley County 0 (2 innings)
Final

Estill wins both games against Owsley

Game 1 - Estill 8-7

Engineers lead 3-0 after 1 and scored 10 runs in the 2nd and held Owsley County to 0 runs.

Mercy Rule in 2 Innings
Estill is starting to get hot at about the right time. Engineers have won 4 of their last 5, 6 of their last 10. Granted some of those wins are against teams that have either won 1 game or 0 games (2 of them are district games).

Engineers are 3-0 without the Seniors, who are on senior trip and won't be back until either Friday or Saturday. Estill should roll past Menifee without any problems.
When did that mercy rule come into effect?
Ouch,over in 2 innings? That's putting up some runs pretty quick.Congrats Estill.
Isnt the mercy rule 5 innings in a high school game?
KHSAA has 3 innings.

Both games were starting late. First game was suppose to have Started at 5:30 but Owsley was late arriving so it didn't get to start until around 6 and it didn't end til about 15 til 8. the 2nd game started around 8 PM and by 9'o clock it was over. Estill scored 3 in the first and 10 in the second.
Even tho Estill has lights, it might have been called due to darkness + mercy rule. Estill was mercy ruled last week in 4 innings the only difference in that game and in this game is 4 runs
i thought that it was only 3 innings in softball not baseball
I thought that softball only had the mercy rule after 3 but I dont know
I think if your down so many runs after so many innings it's over. Estill was mercy ruled by Clark County last week 18-1 and it ended in 4 innings
you sure it wasnt four and half meaning that clark was home team...
It might have been 4 & half. I know the game didn't make it to 5 innings