Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Appalachian Wireless to Get iPhone 4 & 4S
Here is the official press release:

Appalachian Wireless to Offer iPhone 4S on April 20

IVEL, Kentucky – April 4, 2012 – Appalachian Wireless today announced it will offer iPhone 4S to customers throughout its territory beginning Friday, April 20. iPhone 4S will be available starting at $149.99 for the 16GB model, $249.99 for the 32GB model and $349.99 for the 64GB model in Appalachian Wireless retail stores and online at www.appalachianwireless.com. Appalachian Wireless will also offer iPhone 4 for $49.99.

iPhone 4S is the most amazing iPhone yet, packed with incredible features including Apple’s dual-core A5 chip for blazing fast performance and stunning graphics; an all-new camera with advanced optics; full 1080p HD resolution video recording; and Siri, an intelligent assistant that helps you get things done just by asking. iPhone 4S comes with iOS 5.1, the world’s most advanced mobile operating system; and iCloud, a breakthrough set of free cloud services that work with your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac or PC to automatically and wirelessly store your content in iCloud and push it to all your devices.

"Appalachian Wireless is committed to providing our customers with excellent service and only the best products, so it is with pride that we announce the offering of iPhone 4S to our customers," said Gerald Robinette, CEO. "iPhone 4S is a proven leader in the industry and offers a wide array of features like the Retina display our customers will love. With our strong 3G data system and iPhone 4S, our customers will truly get the best in wireless."

Appalachian Wireless stores will open at 9:00 AM on Friday, April 20 to commemorate the launch of iPhone 4S.

Full pricing and details for iPhone in the US:

iPhone 4S 16GB $149.99
iPhone 4S 32GB $249.99
iPhone 4S 64GB $349.99
iPhone 4 8GB $49.99

Note: 24 month contract required.
For more information on iPhone 4S, please visit: www.apple.com/iphone

Appalachian Wireless is the premier CDMA technology based provider of wireless phone services in Eastern Kentucky and Western Virginia. With 190 cell sites, serving 29 counties, Appalachian Wireless provides the best digital coverage in over 8,000 square miles. Headquartered in Ivel, KY, Appalachian Wireless provides the best local customer service to its licensed population base of 670,600 people in Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia and Tennessee. Consumers can purchase phones and service from more than 50 Appalachian Wireless stores and authorized dealers. More information about Appalachian Wireless can be found at www.appalachianwireless.com. You always get more with Appalachian Wireless.

I've had many people ask me about it in the past few weeks, so for those of you who I had to simply say "no comment" to, here ya go. I was just obligated to not say anything! Anyways, the biggest phone in the world is now coming to Appalachian Wireless just in time for Hillbilly Days in Pikeville.
Also wanted to mention that not only are we going to be getting the iPhone, it will be $50 cheaper than any other national carrier has it. Big news for us for sure.
When are you getting the new android update?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?
Which update?
Where is all the haters at now?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:Where is all the haters at now?
No matter what a company does, there's always going to be someone bitching about it. AT&T has their lovers and haters as does Verizon.

One thing that always confuses me is when people say their bill never stays the same. I've had Appalachian for 8 years now and my bill has stayed within 2-3 dollars of the same amount for the entire 8 years unless I went over my minutes or the government forces us to implement a new tax. There's nothing we can do about taxes. If the government tells us to up the taxes, we have no choice but to do so. Other than that, if your bill went up, it's because you either went over your minutes, used more text messages than allowed, or you used more data than allowed. We don't just charge you for the hell of it.

And for those of you complaining about service. We have just invested several million dollars on new infrastructure that will increase capacity in both data and text sessions. In 2005, we went from nearly 30,000 customers all the way up to 100,000 customers in the span of 3 years. This increase came quicker than we could get a handle on. If you've ever been in the technology business, you will know that a tower can only hold so many people on it at one time. When you increase your customer base by 350%, you're kinda left chasing your tail. Now that sales have leveled off, we are able to increase coverage in the areas that need it the most.

Another example: the tornadoes in March completely leveled 3 of our towers and destroyed fiber that knocked out an additional 42 towers. Who was the only company that came into West Liberty in the middle of the night to ensure the folks in West Liberty had some sort of communication with the outside world? We did. AT&T was nowhere to be found until several days later. In a day and a half, we had 43 of those 45 total outages restored. Our guys worked tirelessly to ensure service was restored before they stopped. Our tower in Warfield was a total loss and required us to completely rebuild. Do you know how hard it is to rebuild a tower from the ground up? Our Warfield tower was turned back on almost 2 weeks ago. So in other words, 3 weeks after the tornado completely leveled a tower, we had a new one in place and fully operational. See if AT&T would do that for you. Hell, AT&T won't even build enough towers around here to give you service, let alone be out at 3 in the morning after a catastrophe to make sure you have cell signal.

Yes, I may work for Appalachian Wireless and we may have our faults, but we all do. But I promise you that no other business cares as much about our own people than we do here. You won't get this type of service anywhere else.
Well I was wrong. Congratulations on getting the Iphones.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Well I was wrong. Congratulations on getting the Iphones.

:yikes:

Dont worry, it's Bush's fault.
BCF4L Wrote:Here is the official press release:

Appalachian Wireless to Offer iPhone 4S on April 20

IVEL, Kentucky – April 4, 2012 – Appalachian Wireless today announced it will offer iPhone 4S to customers throughout its territory beginning Friday, April 20. iPhone 4S will be available starting at $149.99 for the 16GB model, $249.99 for the 32GB model and $349.99 for the 64GB model in Appalachian Wireless retail stores and online at www.appalachianwireless.com. Appalachian Wireless will also offer iPhone 4 for $49.99.

iPhone 4S is the most amazing iPhone yet, packed with incredible features including Apple’s dual-core A5 chip for blazing fast performance and stunning graphics; an all-new camera with advanced optics; full 1080p HD resolution video recording; and Siri, an intelligent assistant that helps you get things done just by asking. iPhone 4S comes with iOS 5.1, the world’s most advanced mobile operating system; and iCloud, a breakthrough set of free cloud services that work with your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac or PC to automatically and wirelessly store your content in iCloud and push it to all your devices.

"Appalachian Wireless is committed to providing our customers with excellent service and only the best products, so it is with pride that we announce the offering of iPhone 4S to our customers," said Gerald Robinette, CEO. "iPhone 4S is a proven leader in the industry and offers a wide array of features like the Retina display our customers will love. With our strong 3G data system and iPhone 4S, our customers will truly get the best in wireless."

Appalachian Wireless stores will open at 9:00 AM on Friday, April 20 to commemorate the launch of iPhone 4S.

Full pricing and details for iPhone in the US:

iPhone 4S 16GB $149.99
iPhone 4S 32GB $249.99
iPhone 4S 64GB $349.99
iPhone 4 8GB $49.99

Note: 24 month contract required.
For more information on iPhone 4S, please visit: www.apple.com/iphone

Appalachian Wireless is the premier CDMA technology based provider of wireless phone services in Eastern Kentucky and Western Virginia. With 190 cell sites, serving 29 counties, Appalachian Wireless provides the best digital coverage in over 8,000 square miles. Headquartered in Ivel, KY, Appalachian Wireless provides the best local customer service to its licensed population base of 670,600 people in Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia and Tennessee. Consumers can purchase phones and service from more than 50 Appalachian Wireless stores and authorized dealers. More information about Appalachian Wireless can be found at www.appalachianwireless.com. You always get more with Appalachian Wireless.

I've had many people ask me about it in the past few weeks, so for those of you who I had to simply say "no comment" to, here ya go. I was just obligated to not say anything! Anyways, the biggest phone in the world is now coming to Appalachian Wireless just in time for Hillbilly Days in Pikeville.

Will the monthly rates stay the same on the Iphone
Wow Wildcatk23, you were wrong?

Holy Toledo!!!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Ive had every kind of phones provider except for appalachian and bluegrass or whatever it is.
I have Verizon now and its great, but the by far best phone for service speed and reliability plus the cheapest was Sprint. I had the nextel two way phone for years until they fizzled out and switched over to regular sprint after that and it was great.
The only reason i have verizon is because its the work phone i have to have.

The worst by FAR in my opinion is ATT. Everything about that company is screwed up and sucks.
Bob Seger Wrote::yikes:

Dont worry, it's Bush's fault.

[Image: http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e325/pjd777/bush.jpg]
Hey WC now that's really a classy, well thought out, mature, (oh by the way,did I happen to mention classy?) response. Glad to see you're making such major strides with this growing up stuff.:Thumbs:
The 'haters" are still here.

And I wouldn't switch to Ass. Wireless even if they GAVE me the IPhone!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Bob Seger Wrote:Hey WC now that's really a classy, well thought out, mature, (oh by the way,did I happen to mention classy?) response. Glad to see you're making such major strides with this growing up stuff.:Thumbs:

Truth hurts. No matter how its shown.
So, I am in progress of a contract with App. Tell me how many hundreds of dollars I need to spend if I wanted to switch phones?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Truth hurts. No matter how its shown.

lol...Yeah, like you've got a clue either way.
CardinalAlum Wrote:Will the monthly rates stay the same on the Iphone
Yes, the monthly rates will stay the same. We have no plans of changing anything.
Real Badman Wrote:So, I am in progress of a contract with App. Tell me how many hundreds of dollars I need to spend if I wanted to switch phones?
It all varies depending on the time left on your contract.
Its 20$ a month for how ever many months remaining. Idk if they have a smart phone buyout option though. And is a data plan required with the iPhone.
I had no problem with App. Wireless service other than when you go out of their area you get no 3G.

My problem was with customer service and their "insurance."

When I pay $8 or whatever it was a month for insurance, I don't expect to have to pay $300 for a new phone.
Well I can promise you that Appalachian Wireless will wipe out ATT in Hazard.

They can't handle the capacity so no one's internet works, people can't receive calls, service goes down for days at a time, texts come in hours late...

I've been with App Wireless and I can't tell you how bad it is first-hand.
But I can tell you that a few nights a week my Facebook feed says...
"37 people have posted about ATT-Wireless"

and it is all negative lol
I am thinking about switching over back to App. Wireless.

My only question and reason for not right now is 3G roaming.

BCF4L, is there going to be a time when App. can roam 3G off of Verizon?
NEXT Wrote:I am thinking about switching over back to App. Wireless.

My only question and reason for not right now is 3G roaming.

BCF4L, is there going to be a time when App. can roam 3G off of Verizon?
It already works my friend. We signed the agreement at the end of last year and you now have 3G nationwide using Verizon Wireless.
NEXT Wrote:I had no problem with App. Wireless service other than when you go out of their area you get no 3G.

My problem was with customer service and their "insurance."

When I pay $8 or whatever it was a month for insurance, I don't expect to have to pay $300 for a new phone.
I will agree with you that there needs to be changes made to the insurance on the phones. I think the plans cost 5.99 per month, but if something happens to your phone, you have to pay a deductible. The overall cost of the phone is what is used to determine what your deductible will be. For instance, if you have a Milestone X2, your deductible will be either $150 or $175. Can't remember it right off the top of my head.

The reason the deductibles are so high is that if we spend $550 to get a phone and a customer only has that phone for 2 months and breaks it, that $5.99 you paid for those 2 months will not cover the amount our company lost on that phone. Basically, we gave you a $550 phone for 0.01, so there's already a $549.99 subsidy on that one device. Sure, you may have a $40 rate plan plus the $30 data package, so if you paid that for 2 months, you have paid $140 +0.01 for the phone, still leaving a $400 subsidy. Add on the $5.99 for 2 months and that subsidy still sits at $388. So if a customer loses their phone 2 months into a contract, if we just give the phone away, we have lost $388 on that phone alone, not counting the $550 we are giving away by giving you a new one. So in short, the deductible is the only way we can not lose our ass on these phones.
BCF4L Wrote:I will agree with you that there needs to be changes made to the insurance on the phones. I think the plans cost 5.99 per month, but if something happens to your phone, you have to pay a deductible. The overall cost of the phone is what is used to determine what your deductible will be. For instance, if you have a Milestone X2, your deductible will be either $150 or $175. Can't remember it right off the top of my head.

The reason the deductibles are so high is that if we spend $550 to get a phone and a customer only has that phone for 2 months and breaks it, that $5.99 you paid for those 2 months will not cover the amount our company lost on that phone. Basically, we gave you a $550 phone for 0.01, so there's already a $549.99 subsidy on that one device. Sure, you may have a $40 rate plan plus the $30 data package, so if you paid that for 2 months, you have paid $140 +0.01 for the phone, still leaving a $400 subsidy. Add on the $5.99 for 2 months and that subsidy still sits at $388. So if a customer loses their phone 2 months into a contract, if we just give the phone away, we have lost $388 on that phone alone, not counting the $550 we are giving away by giving you a new one. So in short, the deductible is the only way we can not lose our ass on these phones.

Oh I understand that.
BCF4L Wrote:It all varies depending on the time left on your contract.

That's not what I'm asking, how much will it cost to buy the phone, then add the line to my current bill.
Finally!!!

Still picking up the ATT or Verizon iPhone next week though. I'll be keeping tabs on AW and if I start hearing better things about their service, I'll definitely put a thought into switching.
Real Badman Wrote:That's not what I'm asking, how much will it cost to buy the phone, then add the line to my current bill.

Iphone 4 is 50 and Iphone4S is 150
Then the monthly cost to do your add-a-line and whatever features you want
That's $50 cheaper than both Verizon and ATT...hmmmm...