Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville Vs Betsy Layne (15th Region 1st Round)
Who advances
I'll take Pikeville in this one
Toss Up IMO, Pikeville has played better down than stretch than Betsy Layne. Let's hope it continues.

Pikeville 54
Betsy Layne 49
Should prove to be the best 1st Round game. I'll take Pikeville by 4.
Should be a great game!!
Got to take the Panthers in this one by 6. Playing some good ball right now.
BL by 8 in overtime
Pikeville by 4.
Betsy Layne by 3.
As goes Branham and Rowe, so goes the Panthers. I like Pikeville in this one by 4.
School Admin. Wrote:As goes Branham and Rowe, so goes the Panthers. I like Pikeville in this one by 4.
That is true. If Betsy Layne can stop them, it should be a great game.
Pikeville
Betsy Layne gets put in their place by a Pikeville beatdown...

Pikeville 68
Betsy Layne 54
I'll take pikeville in this one 63-58
Pikeville by 8
Pikeviulle 55-48
I'll take the Panthers in this one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
If stats are correct then this should be a knock down drag out.

BL by 2
Hillbilly Heartthrob Wrote:If stats are correct then this should be a knock down drag out.

BL by 2
Don't read too much into overall season stats. In the game at the Expo (won by BL), Pikeville attempted 18 total free throws to BL's 26, Will Branham couldn't buy a shot and was struggling with the flu, Rowe was still recovering from the seperated shoulder and most of his points came at the free throw line (I think it accounted for 12 of his 21 points), and Hamilton was still recovering from a sprained ankle. In the second game (won by Pikeville), PHS attempted 14 free throws and BL attempted 14 free throws (in other words, a little more evenly called game), and the team was/is more healthy compared to then. Overall, as Panther Thunder said, Pikeville is playing a little better at this point in the season. But I expect Coach Newsome to have his team ready, it will NOT be an easy game by any means. I'm going with Pikeville in this one by 5.
Pikeville 59-53.
Wow, biggest game of the tourney in the first night. I think that Pikeville comes out of this one in the end. But it really could go either way. Each team is stong at every poistion and matchup pretty evenly.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Should Be a Great Game to watch !!!! Betsy Layne 73 Pikeville 66
This should be a good game for sure but IDK why but I'm taking Betsy Lane..

Betsy Lane - 55
Pikeville - 53
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pikeville 62-59
BL by 8 in OT
PHSForever Wrote:Don't read too much into overall season stats. In the game at the Expo (won by BL), Pikeville attempted 18 total free throws to BL's 26, Will Branham couldn't buy a shot and was struggling with the flu, Rowe was still recovering from the seperated shoulder and most of his points came at the free throw line (I think it accounted for 12 of his 21 points), and Hamilton was still recovering from a sprained ankle. In the second game (won by Pikeville), PHS attempted 14 free throws and BL attempted 14 free throws (in other words, a little more evenly called game), and the team was/is more healthy compared to then. Overall, as Panther Thunder said, Pikeville is playing a little better at this point in the season. But I expect Coach Newsome to have his team ready, it will NOT be an easy game by any means. I'm going with Pikeville in this one by 5.

Don't read into overall season stats? Well, then why you going back to the game Pikeville got beat by 19 points at the All ''A''. You say how Pikeville was recovering from injuries? What about Hale and Hamilton recovering from injuries that put them out for months? OR how about the amount of shots BL missed? Don't make excuses. The season series is tied between 2 great teams. And I expect Wednesday to be a dandy and a respectful game.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:Don't read into overall season stats? Well, then why you going back to the game Pikeville got beat by 19 points at the All ''A''. You say how Pikeville was recovering from injuries? What about Hale and Hamilton recovering from injuries that put them out for months? OR how about the amount of shots BL missed? Don't make excuses. The season series is tied between 2 great teams. And I expect Wednesday to be a dandy and a respectful game.
I meant don't go purely by those and then pointed out how those two games were different. Geesh.
Id say...
Pikeville 65
Betsy Layne 59
Pikeville
Betsy Layne by 8 in OT