Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington City Championship: Holmes @ Cov. Holy Cross 1/6
It's lost some popularity outside of Covington since Holmes has been fairly dominate in the past decade, but it's still one of the most heated & intense rivalries in the state. District 35 seeding at stake, 7th & 8th graders in urban Covington are on the line, kind of. Spring & summer ball braggin rights at stake. Not to mention that Holy Cross has Christian McClendon, who played on Holmes state title team as an 8th grader and the Pouncy's, who's dad was a star player for Holmes back in 1990.

Will be the biggest game for both teams up to date and it features 2 of the best big men in NKY.
Holmes wins again.
I like this game and would have tried to make it if not for the Alexandria city championship

Holy Cross by 4
I think it comes down to one player: Jake Burger

If he can stay consistent, then I see Holmes guards having a hard time stopping him. He's a serious penetrater, but can hit it from the outside. Campbell and Rice will neutralize each other, McClendon and Knox will do the same. Both teams are on fire right now.

HC by 2
Holy Cross-Holmes game suspended by wet floor
Stardust Wrote:Holy Cross-Holmes game suspended by wet floor

yep, could've been suspended for heat. it was brutal in there.

I'm a big fan of home court advantage, but i stand firm by this. the game needs to be played at holmes every year. this game usually fills up holmes and holy cross has no AC and no room. im alright with stopping the game because kids were slipping everywhere.