Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin Co. 68 - Paintsville 64
Final from Paintsville! Congrats Hornets!!
Stats? I know tiller had a good game
^Tiller had 31. Kid can flat out play.
TOTAL TEAM effort from the Tigers tonight! I know we lost. BUT, this was a BIG step for this group forward. They went 10 deep tonight. How did ya like that IKE? Like I said. These boys are going to be fine. Keep working hard TIGERS!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Tiller was on fire. Tigers played a great game all around. They'll be fine.
People can say what they want but Timmy Sublett is the heart of that Paintsville Tiger basketball team. The kid leaves it all out on the floor and when Paintsville does well it's in large part because of him. They need to get this kids more involved with the "TEAM" gameplan.
Just wondering what effect if any, all the publicity had on the outcome of tonight's game. All I can say is turn it all off Tigers and just play ball. A lot of people believe in you even though they can't say.
Mr. Birnbaum Wrote:People can say what they want but Timmy Sublett is the heart of that Paintsville Tiger basketball team. The kid leaves it all out on the floor and when Paintsville does well it's in large part because of him. They need to get this kids more involved with the "TEAM" gameplan.

Thank You. He works hard.

I saw a WHOLE LOT of heart out there tonight. Was GREAT to see Daniels come off the bench after his football injury and and step up. Big "Q" came in and hit the boards hard! Like I said. I know we lost. But, very excited by the TOTAL TEAM effort! Come March this District is going to be HELL getting out of! And it's at HOME TIGERS!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Great game tonight for both teams, they left it all on the court. Congrats Hornets, keep on rolling boys!
Poorly officiated game. Other than that a very good game. Paintsville just came up a little bit short, but they are going to get alot better as the year goes on.
Sounds like a great one. The district is a toss up this year. If this doesnt show paintsville they can play with anybody then what will?
This was a very hard fought game from both sides, it was a shame one team had to lose! I must say the Tiller kid could flat out shoot! Very entertaining game tonight!

And I want to thanks to Paintsville staff for birthday wishes to Coach West and award to Sam Miller! The staff did a good job hosting the game!

And Congrats MC on the win! Keep It rolling! And PHS the end of the season you all will be tough!
choke choke choke 0-3 to start. football season all over again. maybe its time to try something different. 4 years and his problem is , he still has a young team. seems that was his problem the 1st year of coaching as well. its going to be that problem every year. home games come on!!!!!!!
Wasn't at the game but sounded like Tiller had a good game....
Paintsville more team effort....maybe so...
Poor officiating....Don't know about that...It would be a surprise if it was since, it was on there home floor....

Let's give Coach West and the Magoffin guys just a little credit for a good district win on the road, at a very tough place to win (Paintsville)...

Let's see...Magoffin????
Two wins on the road in the 57th district in three days.....
Winning at JC and Paintsville....
I know both were on a three pointer at the end of the game but, a win in this district is a WIN...especially on the road....
Don't think anyone expected Magoffin to win both these games or would even think they would be favored to win them......

Good week and start for the Hornets in district play (2-0)....
Keep up the hard and good work Hornets....
:Clap:
Congrats Magoffin Co. You guys have wiped out both Johnson Co. teams in 3 days. Good luck to both next game. Paintsville may be coming together now despite all the distractions.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Poorly officiated game. Other than that a very good game. Paintsville just came up a little bit short, but they are going to get alot better as the year goes on.
I thought for sure we were going to get through one thread without bringing up the refs.
I agree.......I thought the officiating was consistant and that's all you can ask.
Im not really saying they helped one team win or lose they were just inconsistent the whole night with what they were gonna call and not gonna call. A kid from Magoffin ran over one of our players while he had the ball, no call. Three possesions later they call a foul on magoffin for barely touching the kid. It happened like that all night. It seemed like one of the refs wouldn't make any calls, and the other two were calling everything they saw. It honestly kept the kids from both teams from really getting into a groove, especially in the paint. They werent sure what was gonna be called, and not called. Once more that isn't a excuse for Paintsville losing, in fact a few of the calls helped us out alot, but either way it was a poorly officiated game.
As for the game, Magoffin is magoffin. They can shoot the lights out, and play hard the whole game. They are gonna be a tough out.
diamondthehacker Wrote:wasn't at the game but sounded like tiller had a good game....
Paintsville more team effort....maybe so...
Poor officiating....don't know about that...it would be a surprise if it was since, it was on there home floor....

Let's give coach west and the magoffin guys just a little credit for a good district win on the road, at a very tough place to win (paintsville)...

Let's see...magoffin????
Two wins on the road in the 57th district in three days.....
Winning at jc and paintsville....
I know both were on a three pointer at the end of the game but, a win in this district is a win...especially on the road....
Don't think anyone expected magoffin to win both these games or would even think they would be favored to win them......

Good week and start for the hornets in district play (2-0)....
Keep up the hard and good work hornets....
:clap:
district looks as if it will unfold as
1) sheldon clark
2) magoffin
3&4) jc or p-ville
5) lawerence
aggree big road wins for the hornets to start season.
Tigers must re-group and the faithful must be patient & remember that the only season that really counts is (feb-march) tournament time.
OffTheHook Wrote:TOTAL TEAM effort from the Tigers tonight! I know we lost. BUT, this was a BIG step for this group forward. They went 10 deep tonight. How did ya like that IKE? Like I said. These boys are going to be fine. Keep working hard TIGERS!

Wow, I must have hit a nerve somewher. I'm assuming its from a previous post. I never said anything negative just my opinion on the teams performance and the lack of in certain areas. Don't get upset when someone points out a players faults. If you can't handle constructive criticism you might want to quit reading threads with those players involved.

I haven't even posted on this thread. But since you asked for my opinion; The outcome is exactly how I thought it would be. Doesn't matter if you play 5, 10 or 15 players if you lose. And you better get use to it until you play Piarist and Lawrence County. :igiveup:
Ike Cooter Wrote:Wow, I must have hit a nerve somewher. I'm assuming its from a previous post. I never said anything negative just my opinion on the teams performance and the lack of in certain areas. Don't get upset when someone points out a players faults. If you can't handle constructive criticism you might want to quit reading threads with those players involved.

I haven't even posted on this thread. But since you asked for my opinion; The outcome is exactly how I thought it would be. Doesn't matter if you play 5, 10 or 15 players if you lose. And you better get use to it until you play Piarist and Lawrence County. :igiveup:

Yes you did strike a nerve. Cause you never pointed out ANY faults. You just slung out names. Which is what we DON'T need on here. Trust me. Constructive criticism is something I can handle. Biased opinions and people trying to start crap are something I can not.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis