Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best overall player in the mountains???
hawkfan4lyf Wrote:Boggs plays Defense - 1 of the best on the team. They don't use him unless they need the STOP. He was put in during the Powell Game & that's how they came back. Not been needed much in other games but will be used in tougher games is what they've been saying at school. What I saw he's pretty good Defensive Player. Played Great Defense last year also. IMO hard to beat Boggs - he can throw it, run it, plus play Defense. Offensive Weapon & Defensive Weapon.
I'm not knocking Boggs. But he is not an every down, multiple position threat on offense AND defense. He wouldn't even have to play D for me to consider him overall among the best if he played more than one position or just flat out was so dominant at one position that he was a one man wrecking crew. He isn't. And point in fact, he may have been put in on D against Powell, and they may have come back some, but still lost, so I don't know if he was that big of a factor in that game on D. Again, understand I am not knocking him, but the games I've seen him play, he has not been on D, or at multiple positions, etc. So.... There are others who are more all-around players in my opinion.
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:i actually like this small list but, when i seen canady play in person i wasn't very impressed, maybe he just had a bad game who knows, but IMO i dont think he is as good as everyone puts him out to be, but he is still one hell of a football player dont get me wrong

The CANADY Kid may just be the best ALL ROUND player in the Mountains---He leads his team in Rushing-Receiving-TDs-3rd in tackles-and avg.51yds a punt. No he may not be the Best receiver or the Best Running back or even the best Safty or Punter--but all round pretty darn good. And he is a great young man to boot.
highschoolfan Wrote:The CANADY Kid may just be the best ALL ROUND player in the Mountains---He leads his team in Rushing-Receiving-TDs-3rd in tackles-and avg.51yds a punt. No he may not be the Best receiver or the Best Running back or even the best Safty or Punter--but all round pretty darn good. And he is a great young man to boot.

tough football player!
I'm a middlesboro fan and Chase Roark is great but needs some better receivers.
IMO HC has 4 of the best all-around players in the mountains

1-Jordy Brewer (QB, DB and punt returner) This kid is probably the MOST underrated player in the mountains. He does everything for the Black Bears
2-Marcus MacMillan (RB and LB/DE) very gifted RB and a terror on defense
3-Jake Midleton (RB and LB) very strong runner with good speed and a tenacious defensive player also (may be the heart and soul of the Bears!!)
4-Last and certainly not least, Carson Whitehead (Soph LB, FB and OL) This kid is about 6'2" 220 with good speed, great instincts and plays an aggressive style of football (Old School Tough!!) Could possibly have a shot at playing D1
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:IMO HC has 4 of the best all-around players in the mountains

1-Jordy Brewer (QB, DB and punt returner) This kid is probably the MOST underrated player in the mountains. He does everything for the Black Bears
2-Marcus MacMillan (RB and LB/DE) very gifted RB and a terror on defense
3-Jake Midleton (RB and LB) very strong runner with good speed and a tenacious defensive player also (may be the heart and soul of the Bears!!)
4-Last and certainly not least, Carson Whitehead (Soph LB, FB and OL) This kid is about 6'2" 220 with good speed, great instincts and plays an aggressive style of football (Old School Tough!!) Could possibly have a shot at playing D1

Ill give you the two running backs, no argument there. And the fb seem that he will become good. But you qb isnt even in the top 10 in the mtns to be honest. Huff from perry is a whole league above him.
dore20 Wrote:Ill give you the two running backs, no argument there. And the fb seem that he will become good. But you qb isnt even in the top 10 in the mtns to be honest. Huff from perry is a whole league above him.

huff is a good QB, havent seen harlans co's QB play this year tho
I agree Huff is an awesome QB, no argument. He is probably top 15 in state. But to say Brewer is not in his league- I have to disagree. What do you really grade QBs on? wins, total yardage per touch/ pass, TD/turnover ratio, completion percentage? If so, Brewer as a starter has a 14-3 win/loss record, and this season has rushed 30 times for 221 yards (over 7 yards per rush) and 3 TDs (no lost fumbles), is 14/20 passing (70% completion) with 3 TDs (and no interceptions). He also punts (when needed), plays safety, return punts, and holds for PATs. It's not about individuals and that team first attitude that the entire HC team has contributes alot to their success. Plus, I just had to throw this in there for kicks- Brewer picked Huff off twice last year at PCC in the Bears' 50-7 victory. God bless and love you all!
Jordy Brewer is so good they are thinking about moving him up to JV!
dontfeedthebears Wrote:I agree Huff is an awesome QB, no argument. He is probably top 15 in state. But to say Brewer is not in his league- I have to disagree. What do you really grade QBs on? wins, total yardage per touch/ pass, TD/turnover ratio, completion percentage? If so, Brewer as a starter has a 14-3 win/loss record, and this season has rushed 30 times for 221 yards (over 7 yards per rush) and 3 TDs (no lost fumbles), is 14/20 passing (70% completion) with 3 TDs (and no interceptions). He also punts (when needed), plays safety, return punts, and holds for PATs. It's not about individuals and that team first attitude that the entire HC team has contributes alot to their success. Plus, I just had to throw this in there for kicks- Brewer picked Huff off twice last year at PCC in the Bears' 50-7 victory. God bless and love you all!

good stats but they just havent played a good team yet!
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:good stats but they just havent played a good team yet!
The Bears have not played a great team yet is true, but I believe you will find out when your Commodores come over to Bear country what Mr Brewer and the Bears are all about this year. Probably wont be quite the beat down it was last year, but it probably wont be very pretty for the Dores either!! Bears are 4td's or more better than PC IMO
In response to HC's weak schedule accounting for our offensive stats thusfar, I gandered back at PCC's schedule last season and compared their passing stats with their opponents. Outside of Breathitt Co, correct me if I'm wrong, PCC did not defeat another playoff team. I may be wrong but I'd take Gate City, Morristown East, and PLD over Casey County, KCC, Logan, WV, and Leslie Co. Now i see why Zaga loves talking about JV all the time, he's used to watching JV games on Fridays Smile

Casey County (Liberty, KY)
Preview Game Box Score
22 - 21
Win

Knott County Central (Hindman, KY)
Preview Game Box Score
63 - 8
Win

Breathitt County (Jackson, KY)
Preview Game Box Score
27 - 7
Win

Logan (Logan, WV)
Preview Game Box Score
28 - 20
Win

Letcher County Central (Whitesburg, KY) *
Preview Game Box Score
50 - 23
Win

North Laurel (London, KY) *
Preview Game Box Score
41 - 6
Win

@ Clay County (Manchester, KY) *
Preview Game Box Score
36 - 27
Loss

Harlan County (Harlan, KY) *
Preview Game Box Score
50 - 7
Loss

@ Whitley County (Williamsburg, KY) *
Preview Game Box Score
37 - 22
Loss

@ Leslie County (Hyden, KY)
Preview Game Box Score
49 - 28
Win

@ Pulaski County (Somerset, KY) ***
Loss
Josh Dixon may not be the best but this kid is a beast running the ball! He playes great on special teams as well as on belfrys D:rockon:
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:The Bears have not played a great team yet is true, but I believe you will find out when your Commodores come over to Bear country what Mr Brewer and the Bears are all about this year. Probably wont be quite the beat down it was last year, but it probably wont be very pretty for the Dores either!! Bears are 4td's or more better than PC IMO

there wont be no beat down this year!, cant wait to see how bad you all wet the field down this year! 4tds better? nope! :dontthink
this may be off topic but id love to see what matt robinson could do as a rb in harlan countys offense.
wood_chuck Wrote:this may be off topic but id love to see what matt robinson could do as a rb in harlan countys offense.

matt robinson would be a beast at RB in anyones Offense! hard kid to take down!
A lot of very talented kids in the mountains this year. I'll just pick 1 from each side of the ball that I think is the best. I could make a really long list but I don't feel like putting in the time.

Defense - Matthew Robinson
Offense - Jeffery Canady
I would make a selfish plug (as a Knox fan) for Codi Diamond being the best All Round player in this area. How many players dominate both sides of the line with pancake blocks, no sacks given up all year, double digit tackles each game even though most teams know better than to run to his side, already has a pick 6 (against PCC no less), holds every kicking record for his school for field goals and extra points and has several D1AA schools recruiting him? Not many I imagine.

Two other players on Central's roster could compete for different reasons. Tyler Grubb is the most unblockable interior defensive linemen in KY. He blocks or nearly blocks every exta point we face this year with an amazing first step is force defined. And the other kid (already mentioned) needs no explanation - Canady is the most explosive all purpose player in this area hands down. Never mind his 66 yard punts that look like mortar rounds going off...
the diamond kid is good but i believe they put him on the left side of pcc's offense in the second half of their game and pcc ran to that side for two td's that half so they werent afraid to run o his side..matt robinson is the best all around he does his thing on d and is the most reliable back around on close yard situations
uk61 Wrote:the diamond kid is good but i believe they put him on the left side of pcc's offense in the second half of their game and pcc ran to that side for two td's that half so they werent afraid to run o his side..matt robinson is the best all around he does his thing on d and is the most reliable back around on close yard situations

true talk!:Thumbs:
dontfeedthebears Wrote:I agree Huff is an awesome QB, no argument. He is probably top 15 in state. But to say Brewer is not in his league- I have to disagree. What do you really grade QBs on? wins, total yardage per touch/ pass, TD/turnover ratio, completion percentage? If so, Brewer as a starter has a 14-3 win/loss record, and this season has rushed 30 times for 221 yards (over 7 yards per rush) and 3 TDs (no lost fumbles), is 14/20 passing (70% completion) with 3 TDs (and no interceptions). He also punts (when needed), plays safety, return punts, and holds for PATs. It's not about individuals and that team first attitude that the entire HC team has contributes alot to their success. Plus, I just had to throw this in there for kicks- Brewer picked Huff off twice last year at PCC in the Bears' 50-7 victory. God bless and love you all!
I could see the argument that Brewer makes the same impact as a overall player(because he plays so many positions), but not strictly as a QB.
zaga_fan Wrote:Jordy Brewer is so good they are thinking about moving him up to JV!
Uh oh!
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:The Bears have not played a great team yet is true, but I believe you will find out when your Commodores come over to Bear country what Mr Brewer and the Bears are all about this year. Probably wont be quite the beat down it was last year, but it probably wont be very pretty for the Dores either!! Bears are 4td's or more better than PC IMO
Sadly, I agree. Good chance it's going to be a beat down. It's quite the challenge to leave Harlan alive.
Beauty & Beast Wrote:In response to HC's weak schedule accounting for our offensive stats thusfar, I gandered back at PCC's schedule last season and compared their passing stats with their opponents. Outside of Breathitt Co, correct me if I'm wrong, PCC did not defeat another playoff team. I may be wrong but I'd take Gate City, Morristown East, and PLD over Casey County, KCC, Logan, WV, and Leslie Co. Now i see why Zaga loves talking about JV all the time, he's used to watching JV games on Fridays Smile

Preview Game Box Score
22 - 21
Win

Preview Game Box Score
63 - 8
Win

Preview Game Box Score
27 - 7
Win

Logan (Logan, WV)
Preview Game Box Score
28 - 20
Win

Preview Game Box Score
50 - 23
Win

Preview Game Box Score
41 - 6
Win

Preview Game Box Score
36 - 27
Loss

Preview Game Box Score
50 - 7
Loss

Preview Game Box Score
37 - 22
Loss

Preview Game Box Score
49 - 28
Win

Loss

Uhh who cares? We're talking about this year.

Come on now 4 td's seriously? Watching harlan county play i see one weakness, and thats pass defense. If Perry's o-line can hold up and give Huff time, dont be suprised if we are celebrating on the drive back to Perry from Harlan.
Beauty & Beast Wrote:In response to HC's weak schedule accounting for our offensive stats thusfar, I gandered back at PCC's schedule last season and compared their passing stats with their opponents. Outside of Breathitt Co, correct me if I'm wrong, PCC did not defeat another playoff team. I may be wrong but I'd take Gate City, Morristown East, and PLD over Casey County, KCC, Logan, WV, and Leslie Co. Now i see why Zaga loves talking about JV all the time, he's used to watching JV games on Fridays Smile

Preview Game Box Score
22 - 21
Win

Preview Game Box Score
63 - 8
Win

Preview Game Box Score
27 - 7
Win

Logan (Logan, WV)
Preview Game Box Score
28 - 20
Win

Preview Game Box Score
50 - 23
Win

Preview Game Box Score
41 - 6
Win

Preview Game Box Score
36 - 27
Loss

Preview Game Box Score
50 - 7
Loss

Preview Game Box Score
37 - 22
Loss

Preview Game Box Score
49 - 28
Win

Loss

What dose Perrys schedule from last year have to do with anything? We are putting up the same numbers this year against better teams than Harlan is playing THIS YEAR. and THIS YEAR is what matters. Just like last year Harlan smashed us. This year it'll be a different story.
dore20 Wrote:Come on now 4 td's seriously? Watching harlan county play i see one weakness, and thats pass defense. If Perry's o-line can hold up and give Huff time, dont be suprised if we are celebrating on the drive back to Perry from Harlan.
Have you actually seen HC play? I dont get where you say their pass defense isnt their? They have put a tremendous rush on the opposing QB in each of their 3 games, they have several sacks and have not given up many passing yards either. They are actually probably quicker off the ball this year than they were last year, so I believe you will be surprised by the pass defense. The Bears also still play that violent/aggressive style of defense they played last year and most of their defenders are back a year older and better players. HC's offense has almost everyone back from last year and the big 3 offensively speaking (Brewer, MacMillan and Middleton) are all playing scary good this year.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Have you actually seen HC play? I dont get where you say their pass defense isnt their? They have put a tremendous rush on the opposing QB in each of their 3 games, they have several sacks and have not given up many passing yards either. They are actually probably quicker off the ball this year than they were last year, so I believe you will be surprised by the pass defense. The Bears also still play that violent/aggressive style of defense they played last year and most of their defenders are back a year older and better players. HC's offense has almost everyone back from last year and the big 3 offensively speaking (Brewer, MacMillan and Middleton) are all playing scary good this year.

Yes i have seen them play, its not hard to considering they have played on Ihigh so any one can watch them. And im sorry but harlan county dose not have near enough speed to handle our receivers. Like i said, if our o-line can give huff time we will eat harlan's secondary alive. And if you dare say your team speed can match ours go see how that worked out for knox county.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Have you actually seen HC play? I dont get where you say their pass defense isnt their? They have put a tremendous rush on the opposing QB in each of their 3 games, they have several sacks and have not given up many passing yards either. They are actually probably quicker off the ball this year than they were last year, so I believe you will be surprised by the pass defense. The Bears also still play that violent/aggressive style of defense they played last year and most of their defenders are back a year older and better players. HC's offense has almost everyone back from last year and the big 3 offensively speaking (Brewer, MacMillan and Middleton) are all playing scary good this year.

they are not 4 touchdowns better!
Hey guys:
I just figured I would let you know that Perry Central evidently doesn't play anyone that is above "JV" caliber teams.

Prestonsburg - Scrandies
Johnson Central - Overrated
Knox Central - Horrible

Our first 3 games are almost as easy as UK's.

Nothing like Harlan County's schedule.

Paul Laurence Dunbar - They may be 0-3 and their closest game was a loss by 2 scores. But they are Trinity compared to the weak teams Perry has played.
Gate City, VA - They are also 0-3 but they have only been outscored 106-27.
Morristown-Hamblen East, TN - This is the toughest team out of all of Perry and Harlan's opponents. They have already earned a win this season and have climbed all the way to 1-2. I'd say they will win the National Title at least.

Please....
Please....
Please....
tell me that weak excuse about no one wanting to schedule you.
Please...
Looks like the shit talking is off to an early start this year....
uk61 Wrote:the diamond kid is good but i believe they put him on the left side of pcc's offense in the second half of their game and pcc ran to that side for two td's that half so they werent afraid to run o his side..matt robinson is the best all around he does his thing on d and is the most reliable back around on close yard situations
Since you went there I will go here for some true talk - the only way they scored on the 1 play you talked about is by holding the crap out of 50. Don't tell me I'm whining because I have already congratulated PCC for their excellence. One touchdown was called back for holding 50 but they got away with the other one. And trust me, this is a fact as I do film for Knox and we all got a kick out of watching it. I know - its all part of the game. But had the penalities been called each time 50 got held that game PCC would have still beaten us - they just would have had to do it differently. And really - I don't blame them for holding him otherwise they could not block him. You gotta do what you gotta do, right?

And yes Robinson is an amazing athlete who is a great candidate for the best player in the moutains. Several of our oline commented that he was so elusive they could not get a block on him. Maybe they should have just latched onto him like a thirsty tick on an old coon dog?
I thought this is about best overall player. NOT the Perry and Harlan Game. Come on people FOCUS.