Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co @ Prestonsburg
lcgrad2002 Wrote:What players for Prestonsburg got suspended and why? Why is everyone saying Lawrence is unexperienced and young, lol? They have 14 seniors and Pburg only has 9 Sr and 9 JR most of their players 23 are freshman..

Never said Lawrence County was young. Inexperienced in key positions. They lost most of the their line and both running backs.
It's no mystery what teams should do to beat the Blackcats - Corbin demonstrated how to go about it in vivid detail last year.

(putting this down because Prestonsburg NEEDS reps from opposing teams doing it)

Other than the regular things (limit TO's, penalties, and the like):

1. Blitz the OLB on the side from where P-burg's motion wing/slot begins. Blitz 2 or more LB's when the Blackcats are in the gun. Pressure MUST be put on Crisp - he's slow afoot, doesn't have a feel for the pocket, and is prone to make poor decisions/poor throws under pressure. If he has time to throw, however, he's very accurate in his deliveries.

2. Use wide splits and run with strength outside the tackles and be patient. P-burg's defense does a great job gang-tackling/stacking between the tackles. But...the LB's haven't yet proven themselves as sure tacklers one-on-one (wide splits sets up more isolation run situations). The defense gave up a lot of yards to Sheldon Clark when the Cards did this.

3. Do NOT throw deep against the Blackcat corners unless and until they are cheating up to bolster run defense. Only an exceptionally fast and surehanded WR can beat Jamerson or Anderson deep in isolated matchups.
There are no players suspended for this game, i dont know where that rumor got started. Bryson Williams the rb has been suspended for a school incident for 3 days this week but will be back thursday. Thats the only incident.

Pburg 35-22
oneijoe Wrote:It's no mystery what teams should do to beat the Blackcats - Corbin demonstrated how to go about it in vivid detail last year.

(putting this down because Prestonsburg NEEDS reps from opposing teams doing it)

Other than the regular things (limit TO's, penalties, and the like):

1. Blitz the OLB on the side from where P-burg's motion wing/slot begins. Blitz 2 or more LB's when the Blackcats are in the gun. Pressure MUST be put on Crisp - he's slow afoot, doesn't have a feel for the pocket, and is prone to make poor decisions/poor throws under pressure. If he has time to throw, however, he's very accurate in his deliveries.

2. Use wide splits and run with strength outside the tackles and be patient. P-burg's defense does a great job gang-tackling/stacking between the tackles. But...the LB's haven't yet proven themselves as sure tacklers one-on-one (wide splits sets up more isolation run situations). The defense gave up a lot of yards to Sheldon Clark when the Cards did this.

3. Do NOT throw deep against the Blackcat corners unless and until they are cheating up to bolster run defense. Only an exceptionally fast and surehanded WR can beat Jamerson or Anderson deep in isolated matchups.

Very good observation.
after hearing comments from the ashalnd game from people who were there, i'd say p-burg takes this one 28-7
Should be a good game, but I see it being one of the game where Prestonsburg gets out to the early lead and Lawrence slowly chips away at it but just doesn't have enough time! One of those, too little too late situations.

Prestonsburg - 30

Lawrence Co. - 21
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
P-Burg should win this. Itll be a good game at first but then i see them pulling away in the 2nd half.
Football24 Wrote:P-Burg should win this. Itll be a good game at first but then i see them pulling away in the 2nd half.

I tend to agree with thoughts; but, keep in mind, although Prestonsburg is a very well coached, strong team, they can be beaten on a give Friday night.
P-burg by 14
The Contrarian Wrote:I tend to agree with thoughts; but, keep in mind, although Prestonsburg is a very well coached, strong team, they can be beaten on a give Friday night.

Absolutely...

Prestonsburg's offense is built to generate big plays while the defense is designed to force a team to drive the field (prevent big plays) and generate TO's.

If the Blackcats don't break a couple long ones and the opposition takes care of the ball, anything can happen.
Lawrence will quit when they are faced with adversity
Does anyone have an idea if this game will be streamed online tonight. If so, can you give me the link? I hate missing a Lawrence County football game.
THExBURCHINATER Wrote:Does anyone have an idea if this game will be streamed online tonight. If so, can you give me the link? I hate missing a Lawrence County football game.

http://www.900wlsi.com/radio/welcome.html

OR

http://www.q95fm.net/
THExBURCHINATER Wrote:Does anyone have an idea if this game will be streamed online tonight. If so, can you give me the link? I hate missing a Lawrence County football game.
You can watch this game live at thelevisalazar.com starts at 7:15
I know one thing, Pburg's field already looks like crap! It embarrassing that we cant do better. The boosters could at least get the dang thing painted up. I have never understood why we alsways wait until the playoffs to start painting the field up nice. I know paint is high, but with the money from bingo I know Pburg can afford it!
Jon419 Wrote:I know one thing, Pburg's field already looks like crap! It embarrassing that we cant do better. The boosters could at least get the dang thing painted up. I have never understood why we alsways wait until the playoffs to start painting the field up nice. I know paint is high, but with the money from bingo I know Pburg can afford it!

:Thumbs:
Jon419 Wrote:I know one thing, Pburg's field already looks like crap! It embarrassing that we cant do better. The boosters could at least get the dang thing painted up. I have never understood why we alsways wait until the playoffs to start painting the field up nice. I know paint is high, but with the money from bingo I know Pburg can afford it!

:Thumbs:
pburg has nice facilities and a great location played there a few times coming up through school I agree showcase what u got
John Derossett doesn't want turf or new field improvements.

Everyone is getting turf these days, so having a hard crappy field plays into Prestonsburg's advantage.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:John Derossett doesn't want turf or new field improvements.

Everyone is getting turf these days, so having a hard crappy field plays into Prestonsburg's advantage.
If this is the case they can, at the VERY LEAST paint it up to look nice. Put "Blackcats" in the endzone and the oval "P" logo on the 50 or do the checkerboard in the endzones or just SOMETHING!!

However I have heard today that after the SC game last week John has broken over and said he will agree for turf to be put down this offseason..... I dont know how true that is though.
what time does the game start tonight
From what I've been told they aren't allowed to put anything on the middle of the field because the field and track is public and not the schools personal property.

I'm not big on designs in the middle of the field or endzones, that's why I've always liked how Notre Dame does their field, although I hate the Irish with a passion.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:From what I've been told they aren't allowed to put anything on the middle of the field because the field and track is public and not the schools personal property.

I'm not big on designs in the middle of the field or endzones, that's why I've always liked how Notre Dame does their field, although I hate the Irish with a passion.
This is not true, the school ownes this properity, and they have put stuff on the middle of the field in the past.... (Usually playoffs or senior night) Even if the field was "Public properity" with how much the town supports the team I dont think a little paint on the grass would upset anyone.
Jon419 Wrote:This is not true, the school ownes this properity, and they have put stuff on the middle of the field in the past.... (Usually playoffs or senior night) Even if the field was "Public properity" with how much the town supports the team I dont think a little paint on the grass would upset anyone.

I don't recall ever having anything painted on the middle of the field since it opened in 2001 other than the seniors #'s on the sideline.

Also, it would be pointless to paint the middle of the field when there is no grass on it. From one 20 yard line to the other it's all sand between the hash marks.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I don't recall ever having anything painted on the middle of the field since it opened in 2001 other than the seniors #'s on the sideline.

Also, it would be pointless to paint the middle of the field when there is no grass on it. From one 20 yard line to the other it's all sand between the hash marks.
You have a good point, the paint would wear off the dirt very fast, that may be why they dont. But they usually paint something in the center, but not always, for the playoffs. Usually a block style "P"
Dawg Family Wrote:You can watch this game live at thelevisalazar.com starts at 7:15

where do you click to watch it?