Poll: who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ashland
42.86%
George Washington
57.14%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
George washington W.va @ Ashland
A very good physical George Washington team coming into putnam.

George Washington 28

Ashland 14

Should be a good game for the cats to see our weaknesses
GW is the real deal. Best in WV. The Cats have to cut out the mistakes and play hard nose ball if they want to win. Home field advantage is the one big factor. NO better place to play.
I saw somewhere that they were runner up last year in there division? So anyone know who they have back off last years team?
They are the #1 ranked team in the state according to USA Today. Massay predictions have them beating Ashland 36-20
Sounds like my CATS could have there hands full! If Ashland gets the passing game clicking we should be ok. I've been impressed with our running game an speed an power of our backs, the passing game should be our strength but kinda been inconsistent but once they get in sync should be a great combo!
Kitty cats take their first loss of the season.
GW is a WV perinial power and should win this even on the road. I hope the Tomcats do make a game of it but have my doubts as to whether or not the D can handle this task, this is not Lawrence County or Raceland. Ashland should be able to move the ball well, but still by far the toughest team they have met this year, maybe the toughest they will see. I plan on being at this game if at all posible, I really want to see Gw in action, and look forward to watching the Tomcats again. Max Preps says that GW is currently #2 in WV, and they just blew South Charleston out of the water 61-0.
I will say that this game should be a very good game and I for one am actually thinking of going to watch this one.
Always_A_Lion Wrote:GW is a WV perinial power and should win this even on the road. I hope the Tomcats do make a game of it but have my doubts as to whether or not the D can handle this task, this is not Lawrence County or Raceland. Ashland should be able to move the ball well, but still by far the toughest team they have met this year, maybe the toughest they will see. I plan on being at this game if at all posible, I really want to see Gw in action, and look forward to watching the Tomcats again. Max Preps says that GW is currently #2 in WV, and they just blew South Charleston out of the water 61-0.

I readily confess I know nothing about Ashland, but am somewhat familiar with George Washington. They have a tremendous line and a super running back back in Ryan Switzer. Also, watch for a d-lineman/lb, Austin Rosencrance, and a big fullback, Crouser, I think, is his name.
Always_A_Lion Wrote:GW is a WV perinial power and should win this even on the road. I hope the Tomcats do make a game of it but have my doubts as to whether or not the D can handle this task, this is not Lawrence County or Raceland. Ashland should be able to move the ball well, but still by far the toughest team they have met this year, maybe the toughest they will see. I plan on being at this game if at all posible, I really want to see Gw in action, and look forward to watching the Tomcats again. Max Preps says that GW is currently #2 in WV, and they just blew South Charleston out of the water 61-0.

http://www.highschoolsports.net/massey/s...Boys/2011/
I think George Washington wins this one. Ashland has Putnam on their side but that will not be enough.
Tom cat you said you were going to win on the WV forum?
I think this game is a toss-up. If I had to give an edge it would probably go to GW.... Also GW is not a perennial power....That's somewhat a stretch to hype up the game in my opinion.......
Tomcats get hammered. the 1st of two straight weeks of getting hammered.
George Washington has a very strong team this season. They have a tremendous running back, Ryan Switzer. They also have an extremely, good, and big line.

They blew out their arch cross town rival last week 61 - 0, or something like that. They are the real deal!
RAMBAIT Wrote:Tomcats get hammered. the 1st of two straight weeks of getting hammered.

The tomcats will not be hammered by Russell next week I assume u were refering to ironton. Which imo will be a lot closer game than last year
There is already a thread on this game: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...ost1236201
JMichael557 Wrote:Tom cat you said you were going to win on the WV forum?

I haven't been on a West Virginia forum
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:The tomcats will not be hammered by Russell next week I assume u were refering to ironton. Which imo will be a lot closer game than last year

I hope Russell hammers them.:biggrin:
Sounds like this GW team is for real, Good luck Tomcats.
Go to WV Prep some good stuff.
Different Tomcatfan.

What does Paul Blazer do offensively Run or Pass.

Do they use Power or Finesse
FBALL Wrote:I hope Russell hammers them.:biggrin:

The evils may very well win the game they showed a lot of heart and talent the second half of the year last year. But it will not be a,blowout
JMichael557 Wrote:Different Tomcatfan.

What does Paul Blazer do offensively Run or Pass.

Do they use Power or Finesse

A lot of spread offense with a lot of different people touching the ball very balanced offensive attack.
FBALL Wrote:I hope Russell hammers them.:biggrin:

Confusednicker: I'll get back to you on that one. Gw this week!
BADCAT74 Wrote:Confusednicker: I'll get back to you on that one. Gw this week!

There's always hope. :devilflam
So the funniest things on wv preps was that top Kentucky teams weren't any good and then someone said a team like highlands. Couldn't beat cincy st x cause they were a Ohio team. How did that turn out the last time cincy st x played highlands? Stardust should refresh our memory or anyone else for that matter.