•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 35 Johnson Central 27
Wow, what a game, I thought both teams played pretty darn good tonight and put on a great show for all the fans luckily PCC played a little better. I'm really at a loss for words right now but I know one thing for sure, Perry is no longer a team you will line up on and run it down there throats and they sure showed that tonight. Next thing, Darryl Beatty, this kid has to be one of the fastest players in the mountains if not the fastest he had 2 huge Tds tonight for the Dores thanks in big part to the much improved offensive line. Perrys defense showed up to play tonight and really contained Jude for the most part, and out of the 3 tds 2 of them were from maybe 2 yrds away after Perry turned the ball over twice inside the 20. But all around great game Johnson Central has no need to hang there heads they played great but just fell short, as for Perry they can't dwell on this win, they have to put this win behind them and get back at it monday and start preparing for Knox who is another great football club. Congrats Dores, keep it up!
I'm not really shocked. I said this game would be A LOT closer than most thought. I did however, pick JC.

Congrats Commodores.
Wow Highlands better look out lol.:thatsfunn
just joking
First off I want to say Congratulations to PCC, you guys came in and played hard and walked out of Eagle stadium with a W.

For the ones on this thread running there yaya's about how JC fans thought they were going to win this game..you're correct, we did think they would put a W up on this game....Heck, even PCC fans thought that the Eagles would win this game. This Eagle team is very young, they have much room for improvement and I think they will have the sloppyness taken care of really soon. Just 2 years ago I watched the Eagles lose their first 4 games of the season, they didn't lay down and quit, they didn't give up, they made a really good run in the playoffs. Just like I expect to see with this team. The Eagles will learn from this game and march on!!!
Good Luck to PCC and JCHS the rest of the season!!

GO EAGLES!!!!!
would this go down as one of PCC biggest wins in schools history. Congrats on a Big win
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:would this go down as one of PCC biggest wins in schools history. Congrats on a Big win

Probably the biggest.
I was very impressed with Perry Central last night. They are big and fast and their win was no fluke. PCC has had some outstanding offensive teams in the past but I don't recall their defense ever looking as solid against Johnson Central as they did last night.

Johnson Central played like I expected them to play this early in the season. I saw a lot of promising young, talented players last night but they have a lot of work to do before district play begins. Perry Central was the better, more experienced team last night.

The Golden Eagles have their work cut out for them if they are going to win their sixth straight district title but JC is ahead of where they were in 2009 at this point of the season, IMO. But like, PCC, Ashland is much better than they were a couple of years ago, Rowan County looks like a serious district contender, and Montgomery County looks solid.

The fact that Covington Catholic has apparently rejoined the ranks of the state's elite teams, and the new region looks like the toughest one in 4A. The road back to the regional title game will be a rough one.
Just so everyone knows...24>1
torQQue Wrote::poker face:

I think this is the 1st high school thread I've seen you post in.lol
UntilUntil Johnson Central gets a defense, they will only be a District challenging team. They tried to arm tackle all night.
king360 Wrote:Probably the biggest.

I cant imagine why, unless PCC has been horrible for a long time. I really havn't kept up with them to know the answer to that question though, but it's nice that the program presents that type of mystique. Despite what some over zealous fans (kids and/or players) post, any knowlegable JC fan has stated time and time again, that this is going to be a VERY young team on the field with little experience. I saw a lot of young kids make some very nice plays last night, but also saw the same player make some very huge mistakes. I think that there could also be a few more losses on this years schedule, as it will be a learning experience in every regular season game. I expect them to improve as the season goes on, and be able to have a respectable performance in the post season, but truely they are still a couple of years away from being a true powerhouse again. Matney told me personally that this is the best group of freshmen that he has had in 30 years of coaching, and couple that with a very good (last years state runner up ) team at the middle school level, things look very good for the program's future. I guess what I'm trying to say is "if you're gonna get em, you better get em now". In a couple of years, it's going to be a monumental task.
Congrats Perry.
Im so happy to see this happening.
It looks like Perry might be the second best team in the region after this win.
Congrats to PCC! The district just got more interesting.
What does this game do to Jude's Mr. Football chances? 130 yards is a pretty respectable effort, but has to be disappointing for a player like him. At the start of the night I'd have said that he was one of the elite group in the discussion, but this might drop him down a peg, especially if some of the other hopefuls have big weeks.
Highland dropped to 4A Perry Central is still 5A, Perry and Harlan both could make a very strong push toward a 5A state championship this year.

Yes I said it, but mountain football is no longer the red headed step child of the state, these Hillbillies play some pretty serious football now.
Can you dig it? Wrote:What does this game do to Jude's Mr. Football chances? 130 yards is a pretty respectable effort, but has to be disappointing for a player like him. At the start of the night I'd have said that he was one of the elite group in the discussion, but this might drop him down a peg, especially if some of the other hopefuls have big weeks.

It doesn't matter how "elite" you are, when you are getting hit as soon as you touch the ball. To get 130 and 3 TDs as much and as quick as he was hit.....still pretty solid. One of those things you would have to see to appreciate!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:It doesn't matter how "elite" you are, when you are getting hit as soon as you touch the ball. To get 130 and 3 TDs as much and as quick as he was hit.....still pretty solid. One of those things you would have to see to appreciate!

I agree!! One had to be there to see that he was getting hit in the backfield all night and the majority of the time he still managed to get positive yardage with 5 or 6 on him. I thought on the way home that PCC was so much better than JC at this time of the year on D and O but somehow we still had a chance to tie on the final possession. I am not one to say that we are GREAT and all that but when I seen the rankings for the mountains and we were 3rd I was shocked. The only thing they could base it on was Jude but we are nowhere near that! (YET:biggrinSmile
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:penalties from both sides??? it was like 15 to 3 or 4 in JC's favor!!!!:devilflam

All I can say is quit doing things to draw the flags!!!!
Eye-opening win . . . congrats, 'dores!
WOW I didn't see this coming. Congrats to PCC.
Not surprised by this outcome. PCC has a lot of athletic players. Hopefully the win last week and this week will get more kids out next year. PCC needs more bodies to compete on the state level in 5A.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Like I said... PCC is decent. PCC did beat JC at home. PCC had a good game and JC had a bad game. Jude did get "shut down." Just because PCC won doesnt mean they are more talented team.

That is EXACTLY what it means!
Possum Wrote:JC was bought out or they are playing possum. Thats the only way they could have lost this game. PCC not even in the same league.

:lmao:
sstack Wrote:Does three good years make you a "perennial power"?

Excellant question!
Great win for PCC.. Maybe we should get the District trophy back they already gave the Black Bears. Looks like we have a two dog fight.
Best win in the history of the program for PCC. Big congrats to coach Haddix.
Huge win for PCC congrats, don't over celebrate though, you have a LONG season ahead to prepare for and make a run!
How did you shutdown JC when they scored 27 points??? I will agree though that PCC must be for real this year. Also I wouldn't say you shut down Jude either he still averaged 10 yards a carry. Pretty impressive in my opinion since He's JC only weapon this year and PCC only keying on him all night. JC better work on their secondary though if they want to beat Ashland. There passing attack might be better than PCC.
Blueheat Wrote:How did you shutdown JC when they scored 27 points??? I will agree though that PCC must be for real this year. Also I wouldn't say you shut down Jude either he still averaged 10 yards a carry. Pretty impressive in my opinion since He's JC only weapon this year and PCC only keying on him all night. JC better work on their secondary though if they want to beat Ashland. There passing attack might be better than PCC.

31 carries, 133 yards, 4.3 YPC. He's still the real deal though, best I have seen since Marty Raegan from Rock. JC has some very nice facilities, I was impressed. Perry has a few things we are gonna have to adjust but I think we looked much better this week. Darryl Beatty had a huge game last night, as did Matt Robinson. Good luck to JC on the rest of their season, Coach Matney will have his team ready to compete in November.
Blueheat Wrote:[B]How did you shutdown JC when they scored 27 points???[/B] I will agree though that PCC must be for real this year. Also I wouldn't say you shut down Jude either he still averaged 10 yards a carry. Pretty impressive in my opinion since He's JC only weapon this year and PCC only keying on him all night. JC better work on their secondary though if they want to beat Ashland. There passing attack might be better than PCC.

Johnson Central was shut down in the second half.
They led Perry in the first half but it wasn't until there was 2:40 on the clock when Johnson Central scored in the second half.

He would have had to have 300+ yards to average 10 yards a carry.
They didn't shut him down.
But they didn't let him beat them.
That was the difference.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next