Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 41 Covington Cath 28
Great win Eagles!!
congrats to JC
Nice win JC
wow what a running back JJ Jude is.
Congrats JC
Great, Congrats JC. It seem that Jude had another impressive performance this week too.

Keep it rolling, JC. I'm pulling for you guys!
JC just about nearly give it away. You never give a team like CC a short field to score on. But a win is a win and now on to Highlands for JC.
I was way wrong on this one. Johnson Central ran the ball down Cov Cath's throat's and made them like it.
congrats eagles, great win tonight, good luck next week. BELIEVE!!!
This is the strongest finish by a Johnson Central team that I can recall. Jude ran for the yards and everybody knows how well conditioned he is but what impressed me tonight was that CovCath, with its two platoon system, seemed to have been worn down by the Golden Eagles' two-way starters. The offense played a great game and the defense rose to the occasion in the second half. Special teams' play was also first rate tonight.

Covington Catholic played a great game and I am not looking forward to seeing JC having to face that passing attack the next two years. CovCath's line gave Bir plenty of time to pass until late in the game and his receivers made some great catches.
Another outstanding game for Jude. This boy has a motor that just will not quit, very special kid. The best part about it, he is from EKY.

As for the game, I watched it live on Ihigh. JC crammed it down Cov Cath's throat. Cov Cath passed the ball at will as well, killed themselves in the second half with dropped passes. I said in the prediction thread that this game would be a dandy and JC would pull out a close one and I, along with many others was right.

Congrats JC, beat Highlands next week and show everybody across the state that mountain boys can play ball. I could see 3, maybe 4 State Championships comin back to the mountains this year, it would be awesome if JC is one of em.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Congrats Eagles, please take it to Highlands this week. I would love to see you all beat them and move on.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:This is the strongest finish by a Johnson Central team that I can recall. Jude ran for the yards and everybody knows how well conditioned he is but what impressed me tonight was that CovCath, with its two platoon system, seemed to have been worn down by the Golden Eagles' two-way starters. The offense played a great game and the defense rose to the occasion in the second half. Special teams' play was also first rate tonight.

Covington Catholic played a great game and I am not looking forward to seeing JC having to face that passing attack the next two years. CovCath's line gave Bir plenty of time to pass until late in the game and his receivers made some great catches.

That's a very good point. In years past its always been the other way around, JC's two-way guys have been worn down by the 4th quarter. Not tonight though.
Redneck Wrote:Another outstanding game for Jude. This boy has a motor that just will not quit, very special kid. The best part about it, he is from EKY. .

:Thumbs:
How did the game go. Was this a JC dominated game on the ground
Stardust Wrote:How did the game go. Was this a JC dominated game on the ground

Yeah, you might say that. JJ Jude had 447 yards on the ground.

JC most definately dominated on the ground. Jude had 436 yards on 36 carries, 5 TD's. Cov Cath passed the ball very well. One of their WR's had like 9 catches for 115 yards at the half. Not sure on the final stats on Cov Cath passing. They dropped quite a few passes in the sceond half, a couple were HUGE drops.
Redneck Wrote:JC most definately dominated on the ground. Jude had 436 yards on 36 carries, 5 TD's. Cov Cath passed the ball very well. One of their WR's had like 9 catches for 115 yards at the half. Not sure on the final stats on Cov Cath passing. They dropped quite a few passes in the sceond half, a couple were HUGE drops.

WSIP had him with 447 and a pass reception for 15 yards for a grand total of 463 yards of total offense.
Bob Seger Wrote:Yeah, you might say that. JJ Jude had 447 yards on the ground.

Gotta love it when Johnsonville puts it on one from the triangle :Clap:
In the first half, CovCath managed long drives on mostly short passes and JC responded with quick Jude TDs. JC recovered an on sides kick in the second half. CovCath contained Jude a little better in the second half, but not well enough to stop him from racking up first downs. CovCath seemed to tire some in the 4th quarter and JC began getting pressure on Bir and forced him into some mistakes. For much of the game, it looked like Johnson Central was going to be helpless against CovCath's passing attack and Jude was going to run at will against the CovCath defense.

I only remember one Johnson Central pass in the game, a completion to Jude, but I might have missed one or two. Then again, I could be mistaken about them throwing a pass. :biggrin:

Johnson Central is one well conditioned team. Playing a tough schedule and playing Jude, Hall, Bratton, et al. a lot of minutes both ways is paying dividends. I think Coach Matney has these players believing that they can wear down their opponents even if the opposing players play only one way.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:In the first half, CovCath managed long drives on mostly short passes and JC responded with quick Jude TDs. JC recovered an on sides kick in the second half. CovCath contained Jude a little better in the second half, but not well enough to stop him from racking up first downs. CovCath seemed to tire some in the 4th quarter and JC began getting pressure on Bir and forced him into some mistakes. For much of the game, it looked like Johnson Central was going to be helpless against CovCath's passing attack and Jude was going to run at will against the CovCath defense.

I only remember one Johnson Central pass in the game, a completion to Jude, but I might have missed one or two. Then again, I could be mistaken about them throwing a pass. :biggrin:

Johnson Central is one well conditioned team. Playing a tough schedule and playing Jude, Hall, Bratton, et al. a lot of minutes both ways is paying dividends. I think Coach Matney has these players believing that they can wear down their opponents even if the opposing players play only one way.
They ended the first half with an incomplete halfback option pass. That's the only other one I can remember, but WSIP had them 1 for 3.
Great win Central. Best of luck next week!
Bob Seger Wrote:WSIP had him with 447 and a pass reception for 15 yards for a grand total of 463 yards of total offense.

Beastly stats from a great football player Congrats eagles
Congrats JC! CC was a pretty tough bunch. I was pulling for CC because they are NKY hommies, but was very concerned for good reason. Very impressive running game and an incredible back in Jude. Highlands will have their hands full next week.
Jude - 36 carries / 446 yards / 5 touchdowns / 1 fumble / 12.4 yards per carry

He was unstoppable tonight and CCH couldn't do anything to slow him down. The JC defense stepped it up big time in the 2nd half, only allowing 97 total yards, as to in the first half when they give up over 200.

CCH left 17 points on the field tonight (missed field goal, dropped TD by #12, dropped TD by #16). The onside recovery coming out of halftime for JC was absolutely huge. I thought CCH should have kept running it, as they ran it very well tonight, but went away from the run in the 2nd half and kept running the same plays over and over on offense.

All-in-all, JJ Jude is the BEST player in the mountains and possibly the state. No kidding folks, kid does things on the field I haven't even seen on video games. He's nasty!

Congrats Eagles... great season Colonels!
Congrats Johnson Central and Mr. Jude!
Congratulations J.C. on a huge win. Great year CCH. Look forward to next week.
Congrats on a great win and to a great running back. Does Jude have enough of a motor to continue to carry the ball 36 times per game while advancing through the playoffs? Apparently he is one special player.
Johnson Central dominated in the trenches to a level that was unreal in this one. CovCath had no answer for a physical team. From what I have seen over the past few years these nky boys don't like to be hit, and JC proved it to me again.
Once a Colonel Wrote:Congrats on a great win and to a great running back. Does Jude have enough of a motor to continue to carry the ball 36 times per game while advancing through the playoffs? Apparently he is one special player.

He has all season so I would say yes.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Johnson Central dominated in the trenches to a level that was unreal in this one. CovCath had no answer for a physical team. From what I have seen over the past few years these nky boys don't like to be hit, and JC proved it to me again.

And to top it all off, CC was so much more talented than JC.:yikes:

:eyeroll::eyeroll::eyeroll::eyeroll: