Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lexington Catholic
75.00%
West Jessamine
25.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic @ West Jessamine 11/12
Lexington Catholic West Jessamine 7:30 PM Class 4A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
i think catholic is the home team because they are the higher seed finishing 2nd in the district and beating west. BTW im picking Catholic by a large amount
Catholic wins by 14.
LexCathKnight15 Wrote:i think catholic is the home team because they are the higher seed finishing 2nd in the district and beating west. BTW im picking Catholic by a large amount

Yes, home for LexCath. Large margin? Up and down Knights better be up for that to happen.

Regardless of the outcome - District 6 in 4A deserves toughest district in the state title. All 4 teams win on opening night! While Boyle and LexCath may have state titles but the Jessamine schools showed they have come a long way in beating 1 and 2 from District 5.

Any other district sweep opening night?
Im Picking West.

West Jessamine-28
Lexington Catholic-21
Bluegrasscard Wrote:Yes, home for LexCath. Large margin? Up and down Knights better be up for that to happen.

Regardless of the outcome - District 6 in 4A deserves toughest district in the state title. All 4 teams win on opening night! While Boyle and LexCath may have state titles but the Jessamine schools showed they have come a long way in beating 1 and 2 from District 5.

Any other district sweep opening night?

The Jessamine schools most certainly have had great seasons! This is an intresting game,Catholic doninated the first game to only let WJ back in it the 4th qtr by playing the 2nd team.Bolin had a monster game against them as they went to the Bush kid who is their best reciever.The offense opened up under Letton who took over play calling I think.However the last game they were back to the same old predictable Catholic.In defense of the play calling against HC the officials called 28 penalties,yes 28 that was no typo.I never felt any team got in a flow that game it was horrible to watch.If Catholic will go down field and spread it out they should handle West.They have to get the ball to Bush,Bolin can play with anybody but they need to go to the good recievers and open the game up for the run.The backs arnt that fast but they run hard a good mix of play calling should carry catholic to a win.
Lex.Cath.in a close one.
Hail Catholic!
Calpreps Predicts the score using the Massay Calculator Lexington Catholic 38-28 http://www.Calpreps.com
Should be a great game. I think LC will win, but it wouldn't shock me to see West Jess take the game either.
Gotta go with Catholic. It's in the stars that Catholic plays Boyle in the playoffs. What would this make 4 straight years in the 6 class system and 98.99.00 in the old 4 class system? 7 Straight times that each team has been in the same district they play again in the playoffs. If both teams advance on to round 3.
Lex-Cath won an earlier game 42-26, so I will go with Lex-Cath by 10+
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Lex-Cath won an earlier game 42-26, so I will go with Lex-Cath by 10+

Yeah and the score wasn't as close as the game actually was. It was 42-7 late in the 2nd half before west closed some ground on our jvs. Now that its at home the only way I see this being close is if Catholic overlooks west because of the earlier game and the probable next game vs Boyle.
Im pulling for the colts!!!! 28-14
Lex cath 28
west jess 21
Lex Cath
I'm picking WJ in a upset.Just a feeling or maybe I'm having one of those senior moments.:biggrin:
Lexington Catholic
Should be an interesting game to say the least. I'll go with the winner by a TD! lol
Lex Cath by 18.
Catholic in a blow out !!!:flame:
LC big
I'll give the nod to the good folks at LC. They have played a murderous schedule. Which will pay off this Friday. Good Luck LC hope to see you in the nation next week.
LC should be scared to death. In the first meeting, LC played maybe thier best game of the season while all indication are WJ may have played thier worst. If both teams play more to form and LC relaxes, as most teams due when playing an opponent they beat badly, this game could be very close. I give LC a slight edge but BE CAREFUL.
Has LexCath greatly improved since early in the year? The only game I saw they were handled, by what was at the time, a real bad Covcath team. Lexcath has been blown out several times this year. I just think this district was fortunate to be matched up with the weakest 4A district out there. IMO Boyle is the only quality team this year. I expect LC to win this game, lose to Boyle, and be greatly improved next season.
I'm sure LexCath has improved since the CovCath game. I think their best game was against East Jess. LexCath likes to go for the quick strike and generally when this tendency has been frustrated, they have not been successful. The East game was the exception to this. When LexCath gets down by more than a score, they seem to revert to being sophomores again so they have been blown out by superior teams and even a couple less than superior teams. West will need to stop the run game and make LexCath totally rely on the pass to win in my opinion. This would play to LexCath's natural tendency and a win would depend on them causing the quarterback to make hurried decisions.
If I remember, the QB was young, but looked to have a ton of potential. I'm sure he has improved with more experience.
i have faith in west Smile lets beat them colts !Smile
Would like to see LC win this one to set up a possible rematch between East Jessamine and LC.
The key to this game is whether or not Catholic is creative in their play calling.If you have watched Catholic play this season you can predict 80% of their play calling.The offensive cordinator calls like he is scared to death.If they go down field and it fails 1 time he wont do it again.Against West they looked like a different offense opened it up,used recievers all over the field,looked like a college team West had no answer.I havnt seen any of the games since West but it hasnt been as the offensive explosion.I am a fan of Bill Letton I wish he would take more of an active role in the play calling.