Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 102 - David School 17
Shelby Valley called the dogs off way early, but you can't tell the 3rd string not to play and try....

I think David School was a little pre-mature by jumping into KHSAA play...
Calling the starting dogs off in the 3rd quarter was too early??? At the game tonight, even people that has players for SV was embarrased about that game alfus...
Thats embarrassing.
The fact is I dont think David should have jumped into the 59th just yet..What was the point when they know they can't compete? Any team in the 15th could beat David by 200 points...

The main point of this thread was really not to discuss this game, but to talk about David School and why they HAD to jump in to KHSAA competition so early....Why have your kids embarrassed like this..They're already 0-3 and have lost the other two games almost as bad...
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:Calling the starting dogs off in the 3rd quarter was too early??? At the game tonight, even people that has players for SV was embarrased about that game alfus...

I hadn't heard that the starters were in, in the 3rd quarter....I had heard something different..Sorry
yea, but if you are supposed to be one of the better teams in the region, why would you play your starters and normal subs for 3 quarters when you KNOW you are going to win?
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:yea, but if you are supposed to be one of the better teams in the region, why would you play your starters and normal subs for 3 quarters when you KNOW you are going to win?

I have no clue..I didn't know that..I had heard the 2nd string came in pretty early and the 3rd string put up a lot of points...
The David School should feel good.
That is way too much to beat someone by. The starters should have been took out the end of the 1st quarter or whenever the score started getting real bad.
Yeah playing the David School especially, one of the starters could have been stabbed. LOL
"#_4" Wrote:That is way too much to beat someone by. The starters should have been took out the end of the 1st quarter or whenever the score started getting real bad.

I agree..I had heard from more than one person that the 2nd and 3rd string played more than the starters, but that's now what basketballonlyfan is saying...
I dont know that for a fact, just what some of the parents was talking about at the game tonight.
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:I dont know that for a fact, just what some of the parents was talking about at the game tonight.

Ohhh ok...Three people told me the 2nd string came in pretty early and didn't play too hard, but I had heard that Valleys 3rd string played pretty hard and didn't hold back
You should never hold back for ANYONE.
They should have just held the ball an ran the clock out instead of runnin the score up like that.
"#_4" Wrote:They should have just held the ball an ran the clock out instead of runnin the score up like that.

I think thats probably more of an insult to the kids at David School than anything...That's just quitting against a team..How is that going to make them feel any better about themselves?

If that happened then they would be thinking "Man we're so bad they're not even going to shoot the ball anymore" That's a huge insult in my opinion...
well that could be true. But I dunno I think I would feel GREAT if a team beat me 102 to 17 I would much rather them run the clock on me.
I wouldnt even go out for the team if I went to that school.
"#_4" Wrote:well that could be true. But I dunno I think I would feel GREAT if a team beat me 102 to 17 I would much rather them run the clock on me.

And I would much rather the opposing team actually try against me...I would be so embarassed if I just had to stand out there and watch the other team dribble the ball...
lol that would be better than watchin them score everytime down an seein them go over 100 an us not even break 20.
I attended the game, and truthfully...David School couldn't stop anyone...The starters for Shelby Valley came out of them game when the score was 26-3...They returned in the 3rd wuarter for about 3 minutes..and scored around 10 points then...so with your starters only putting up about 36 points out of 100..I see this as calling off the dogs and putting them in their cages.
"kyfootballfan" Wrote:I attended the game, and truthfully...David School couldn't stop anyone...The starters for Shelby Valley came out of them game when the score was 26-3...They returned in the 3rd wuarter for about 3 minutes..and scored around 10 points then...so with your starters only putting up about 36 points out of 100..I see this as calling off the dogs and putting them in their cages.

That's what I had heard..Thanks for clarifying that...:thumb:
Was the second and third teams pressing or playing man to man?
"basketballjones" Wrote:Was the second and third teams pressing or playing man to man?

Man to Man, but full court..
4 Corners would have been in order.

Difficult psition forsure.
I would have spoke to the coach at half time played a zone and held the ball.
but thats just me.
4 corners is that what Will Smith ran at North Carolina Doc?
Why would a team like Shelby Valley even schedule a game agains David School. Theres no point in it I don't think. A team needs to play difficult games early in the season so they can be ready come Feb. and March. This is like puttin Duke up against Allice Lloyd.
I agree with basketball star. the harder the schedule the more prepared you will be come tourny time
"basketballstar" Wrote:Why would a team like Shelby Valley even schedule a game agains David School. Theres no point in it I don't think. A team needs to play difficult games early in the season so they can be ready come Feb. and March. This is like puttin Duke up against Allice Lloyd.

Shows how much you know about 15th Region Basketball. David School is in the 59th district now, meaning each team must play each other twice for seeding purposes. Nice try though, maybe next time you'll get it right..
Yeah I agree. That done nothing for either team except embarrass the players from David.