Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryle 28 Highlands 26
Pride and Football Wrote:Why are you so defensive? Yes I did patronize your post, if your going to set there and say that if Highlands would've had everyone healthy they would of won, if your going to give reasons about people downplaying highlands direct it right at them, don't make it seem that ryle didn't deserve this win or the ryle fans.

Lol, I guess if you re-read my post, you will see that it was directed to the "them"
Wow, didnt expect to see this.
The most interesting stat in this game is the Time of Possession! Ryle 34:18 Highlands 13:42
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
leecoukfan Wrote:The most interesting stat in this game is the Time of Possession! Ryle 34:18 Highlands 13:42

That's what a good running attack can do. Also, Highlands returned the opening kickoff for a touchdown so that cut down their possession time by a little, but Ryle obviously would have dominated the category either way.
Duke45 Wrote:That's what a good running attack can do. Also, Highlands returned the opening kickoff for a touchdown so that cut down their possession time by a little, but Ryle obviously would have dominated the category either way.

And Highlands also had a 3 play 60 yd drive in the 4th Quarter that only took like 1:06! So in one aspect the TOP reflects the wear-you-down running game of Ryle and in another aspect it reflects the explosive and big play offense of Highlands!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Stardust Wrote:Lol, I sure hope all of you realize that HHS sat several players. Their defense was decimated with injuries. You put Brendon Sullivan back into the LB core alone, and you shut Hempels running down.

As I have said, I am no Highlands fan, but for all of those who now have hope, don't be disappointed if it turns out to be false hope. And Neerfan, you should no better. You know that Highlands did not play several of their top defensive players. Also, Highlads did not show any of their Zone Read offense, and you have to ask why Dale kept the playbook very generic.

Is Highlands beatable - Absolutely when they play a generic gameplan and don't play many of their top players. Is SD making excuses for Highlans - NO WAY!

Guess they should have canceled the game and stayed home then.Confusedleep:
You think ole high and mighty Dale wanted his 37 game win streak to end?
If Johnson Central makes it to the regional title game again, Highlands is going to have trouble again stopping the Golden Eagles' running game. Those big Ryle running backs just ran over some of the smaller Highlands tacklers. Controlling the clock is the key to beating Highlands. I don't think any 5A team is going to out-finesse the Bluebirds.
Things to ponder about this game:

1. The Elliott fumble inside the 40.
2. Time of possession
3. Seidl goes out and Hempel scores on the next play
4. Highlands running game apart from Towles.
5. Towles loses the handle inches away from tying the game.
6. Highlands is still the best of the best.
7. The score is not indicative of just how tough the Highlands D really is....
8. Injuries to key D players
9. Hindsight; stick to field goals.
10. Highlands has been spanking NKY teams for several years now...It had to end sometime.
Ha,ha,ha,ha, I love it grads to Ryle!!!!!
Hoot Gibson Wrote:If Johnson Central makes it to the regional title game again, Highlands is going to have trouble again stopping the Golden Eagles' running game. Those big Ryle running backs just ran over some of the smaller Highlands tacklers. Controlling the clock is the key to beating Highlands. I don't think any 5A team is going to out-finesse the Bluebirds.

It would certainly be a good match-up if they both make it there. I'd like to see if last year's game against JC and this game against Ryle has done anything to teach the Birds a bit about stopping the run more efficiently, which it seemed like the Birds started to do in the fourth quarter tonight.

Just as a little side-note, the Class of 2011 at Highlands are the streak-breakers. If you remember back to their/my freshmen year, the frosh team didn't go undefeated like the, I believe, three classes before them.

Also, I haven't said congrats to Ryle, so congrats to them. Hopefully this will be the start of a good rivalry (We need something to temporarily take the place of the Cov Cath rivalry anyway, right? :p). Looking to next year, I see Ryle winning again but then Highlands resuming NKY dominance the following year.
Duke45 Wrote:It would certainly be a good match-up if they both make it there. I'd like to see if last year's game against JC and this game against Ryle has done anything to teach the Birds a bit about stopping the run more efficiently, which it seemed like the Birds started to do in the fourth quarter tonight.

Just as a little side-note, the Class of 2011 at Highlands are the streak-breakers. If you remember back to their/my freshmen year, the frosh team didn't go undefeated like the, I believe, three classes before them.

Also, I haven't said congrats to Ryle, so congrats to them. Hopefully this will be the start of a good rivalry (We need something to temporarily take the place of the Cov Cath rivalry anyway, right? :p). Looking to next year, I see Ryle winning again but then Highlands resuming NKY dominance the following year.
:Thumbs:
Congrats Ryle on a great win TongueirateSho
-Yes Highlands was sitting out key players whether because of injuries or saving for the playoffs. Its unfortunate that injuries happens but you have to move on and can't use that as an excuse for a loss. And if you save players for the playoffs is a decision you made and you have to stick with it.
-Using a generic game plan is a bad coaching mistake, enough said.
-Highlands taking an easy on Ryle in the game is another big mistake that they have to take accountability for.
-Simon Kenton "whooping up" on Highlands?? haha Ok Simon Kenton is a good team but not that good this year, and if you wanted to prove you could maybe you should have scheduled them. I'm still looking foward to a Ryle vs. SK rematch
-Good game for Ryle, with excellent time management and running.
-Highlands is still an amazing team but this shows that Ryle has the abillity to compete with the big teams.
-GO RAIDERS!!! TongueirateSho TongueirateSho TongueirateSho Good luck in the playoffs!
leecoukfan Wrote:The most interesting stat in this game is the Time of Possession! Ryle 34:18 Highlands 13:42

WOW Congrats to Ryle.
hop24 Wrote:Guess they should have canceled the game and stayed home then.Confusedleep:
You think ole high and mighty Dale wanted his 37 game win streak to end?

Lol, I'm not the Highlands fan. But when the first posts on here was knocking Highlands instead of lauding Ryle, then the focus was not set in the first place.
Schmilla88 Wrote:Congrats Ryle on a great win TongueirateSho
-Yes Highlands was sitting out key players whether because of injuries or saving for the playoffs. Its unfortunate that injuries happens but you have to move on and can't use that as an excuse for a loss. And if you save players for the playoffs is a decision you made and you have to stick with it.
-Highlands taking an easy on Ryle in the game is another big mistake that they have to take accountability for.
-Simon Kenton "whooping up" on Highlands?? haha Ok Simon Kenton is a good team but not that good this year, and if you wanted to prove you could maybe you should have scheduled them. I'm still looking foward to a Ryle vs. SK rematch
-Highlands is still an amazing team but this shows that Ryle has the abillity to compete with the big teams.
-GO RAIDERS!!! TongueirateSho TongueirateSho TongueirateSho Good luck in the playoffs!

Schmilla, first off, your post is dead-on. Ryle WON this game on the football field. No if ands or buts about it. Other posts was knocking Highlands and comments that alluded to Highlands not being as good as advertised was first and foremost was diminishing what Ryle did. Simple truth is, Ryle showed their toughness. Elliott should probably not even be playing with what all he has been through, and being no more than 15 yards away from the hit at the end of the Campbell county game, I thought his season was over. Instead, he and the rest of the Raiders showed their true grit. No matter what game plan Highlands came in with, Ryle stuck to theirs. You and I both know that because Ryle did not stick to their gameplan in game one is the reason why they lost that game. They did not allow that to happen this time, thus, as I said - They won this game on the field!
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Things to ponder about this game:

1. The Elliott fumble inside the 40.
2. Time of possession
3. Seidl goes out and Hempel scores on the next play
4. Highlands running game apart from Towles.
5. Towles loses the handle inches away from tying the game.
6. Highlands is still the best of the best.
7. The score is not indicative of just how tough the Highlands D really is....
8. Injuries to key D players
9. Hindsight; stick to field goals.
10. Highlands has been spanking NKY teams for several years now...It had to end sometime.

Hold on,hold on..........Violin playing sadly.:getwell:
I hope other 5A teams aren't licking their chops because of this. Ryle is one of the best teams in the state and this also may have been what Highlands needed heading into the playoffs, and that would be a reality check.

Congrats Ryle... best of luck to both teams in the playoffs!
There a lot of hate towards Highlands on here..
Way to Go Ryle!!!!:rockon::blondeche

So your saying it [SIZE="5"]ISpossible to beat a team that is thought to be unbeatable!!!!....Just saying!!!...heheh!!:devilflam[/SIZE]
Stardust Wrote:Schmilla, first off, your post is dead-on. Ryle WON this game on the football field. No if ands or buts about it. Other posts was knocking Highlands and comments that alluded to Highlands not being as good as advertised was first and foremost was diminishing what Ryle did. Simple truth is, Ryle showed their toughness. Elliott should probably not even be playing with what all he has been through, and being no more than 15 yards away from the hit at the end of the Campbell county game, I thought his season was over. Instead, he and the rest of the Raiders showed their true grit. No matter what game plan Highlands came in with, Ryle stuck to theirs. You and I both know that because Ryle did not stick to their gameplan in game one is the reason why they lost that game. They did not allow that to happen this time, thus, as I said - They won this game on the field!

Thank you Stardust, I call 'em as I see 'em! lol
:Thumbs:
First off congradulations to Ryle.
The poor coaching decision on the opening drive to go for two, comes back to haunt. I stated that I was concerned about this game and that if HHS continued with unforced penalties, that it would be difficult to win. It is hard to watch a HHS team commit so many penalties. On Ryles second TD, half the yardage was on penalties. Can not beat a good team that way. Highlands D line continues to show the are able to be pushed around by a big O line and big backs. I saw very few tackles tonight where the ball carrier was pushed backwards (most allowed the ball carrier to push forward for 2-6 extra yards). Highlands offensive play calling has left many scratching their heads all season. How many carries did the RB's have in tonights game? Also have to congradulate Ryle on the improved passing game, not perfect, but good enough to go along with their good running game to make it tough on defenses. Number 2 for Ryle made a 2 spectacular catches tonight. Can Highlands be beat, was answered tonight. Can Highlands win 5A state championship, yes. Highlands will not meet any team in 5A as good as Ryle.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:If Johnson Central makes it to the regional title game again, Highlands is going to have trouble again stopping the Golden Eagles' running game. Those big Ryle running backs just ran over some of the smaller Highlands tacklers. Controlling the clock is the key to beating Highlands. I don't think any 5A team is going to out-finesse the Bluebirds.

Yes I think HHS will have some trouble stopping JC's running game. But, what Ryle has that helped them beat HHS that JC does not is; Respectable passing game, depth of players, and good special teams. Not saying JC can't beat HHS, but do not think just because Ryle did with big RB's, that JC will too.
Congrats to raiders **** of a game bet cake eaters FAIR & SQUARE just like this senior group did As freshman ending the freshman 36 game win streak of highlands... Congrats to both teams hands down one of best games I've ever scene... & to sk fans reason Ryle plays highlands twice a year is because schools like sk won't schedule highlands because they know they would get crushed... So don't act like you can beat them till you prove you can like ryle did 2nite... New nky rivalry highlands vs. Ryle... This year Ryle is nky #1...,
Highlands 3 down lineman defense is not working as Ryle and Cov Cath have shown. When Highlands went to the 5 down in 2nd half, it made a difference. I would be surprised if they stick to the 3 down linemen all the time in the playoffs.
I was telling Harlan County fans earlier that they could be beat. Gratz Ryle and Fans, for being the first in long while to do so.

Tho I am not your fan Highland, Gratz on a very impressive stretch of football ...
Oh and welcome back to earth / nice up there in the pure clean air, isn't it.
Schmilla88 Wrote:Congrats Ryle on a great win TongueirateSho

TNT-MB1 Wrote:Congrats to raiders **** of a game bet cake eaters FAIR & SQUARE just like this senior group did As freshman ending the freshman 36 game win streak of highlands... Congrats to both teams hands down one of best games I've ever scene... & to sk fans reason Ryle plays highlands twice a year is because schools like sk won't schedule highlands because they know they would get crushed... So don't act like you can beat them till you prove you can like ryle did 2nite... New nky rivalry highlands vs. Ryle... This year Ryle is nky #1...,

Schmilla88- Get real if we are not that good of a team then you are not either. Remember we when went into overtime and you won by a field goal. Which makes us about the same level. We will see you go down in a ball of flames in the playoffs.:lmao:

TNT- your a nube. This senior group you are talking about is the same as our senior group that wooped Highlands seniors in their freshman year. Not once but twice in the same season, to win the freshman championship that year. Rumor is Highlands dodged SK. Now we see why.:lmao:
Its funny all the excuses coming out of Campbell County last night and today. Face it you LOST end of story.:lmao:
Several of you have said in the past championship caliber teams don't make excuses but all of a sudden you are the ones making them. Hows that crow taste now. HA HA HA:lmao:
Aslan Wrote:There a lot of hate towards Highlands on here..

That is a story line as old as time. The mob is going to hate the evil empire. In the 90's everyone hated The Dallas Cowboys., a few years back it was New England. Mike Tyson in boxing. And everyone hates Duke Basketball!! Highlands has been a wanted team for some time. They have done a phenomenal job of wearing the "bullseye" for a very long time. But someone had said earlier, it had to end sometime. My question is how will they respond? Will it be like Tyson did and simply just can't get back to the old form or will they bounce back? This is a question we can't answer because this group of players have never been in this situation before. Added to this is the worse thing the evil empire can do is give the mob hope...which is what this loss may have done. Good luck to Ryle and Highlands the rest of the season, I believe it just got very interesting!!!!!! :popcorn:
Highlands dodged sk my butt... Highlands will play any team period that is known.... Mueller has said that nobody else in nky would play them that includes sk sorry to break it to you... & we'll see next year if sk does indeed play highlands... & as for an Ryle sk playoff sk has to make past 2 good teams first...