Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryle 28 Highlands 26
Wow, the 37 game winning streak for the Birds is over as Highlands loses the first game in NKY wince 2006
5A teams, take a deep breathe and take it all in.:yikes:
:rockon:
Sad
Wowww. Congrats Ryle, very great game to watch.
And the streak is over!!TongueirateSho It was a VERY physical football game but Ryle seemed to be more physical! Connor Hempel of Ryle is the player of the game with 122 rushing yds and 3 TDs and 70 passing yds!

TongueirateShoCongrats Ryle!TongueirateSho
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
congrats to Ryle, big 4th and one to end the game..
Great game! Highlands made a valiant effort towards the end but came up short. Ryle converted several key first downs to extend drives and made big plays when they needed them. Highlands looked suspect for the most part defending the run and their passing wasn't as effective as years past. Congratulations to Ryle on the victory.
Hate to see the streak come to an end.
HA HA, Glad to see this happen. It is a great feeling to see a NKY team shut the Birds down. After watching this I am sure SK could do the same if not better. Based on past games as many of you on here do I am sure SK could beat Highlands. Just happy to see NKY bring Tradition, Can U Dig It and the rest of you down to earth. All though it does pain me to see Ryle win. i am glad they did.:thanks:Ryle:lmao:
Congrats Ryle!!! The Bluebirds are beatable!!
Wow - Congrats to Ryle!
neerfan Wrote:HA HA, Glad to see this happen. It is a great feeling to see a NKY team shut the Birds down. After watching this I am sure SK could do the same if not better. Based on past games as many of you on here do I am sure SK could beat Highlands. Just happy to see NKY bring Tradition, Can U Dig It and the rest of you down to earth. All though it does pain me to see Ryle win. i am glad they did.:thanks:Ryle:lmao:

Simon Kenton did score more points on Ryle than Highlands did.
I have been saying HHS was beatable all year, but I was hoping it was in the playoffs. I don't know if it is likely they will lose two this year. Who knows, maybe they have one more loss in them.

Why did HHS and Ryle play twice this season? Looks like they both were great games.

Congrats to Ryle on a great win. And a big congrats to HHS for such an awesome streak. I hope you can start another one first game after the state championship game.
neerfan Wrote:HA HA, Glad to see this happen. It is a great feeling to see a NKY team shut the Birds down. After watching this I am sure SK could do the same if not better. Based on past games as many of you on here do I am sure SK could beat Highlands. Just happy to see NKY bring Tradition, Can U Dig It and the rest of you down to earth. All though it does pain me to see Ryle win. i am glad they did.:thanks:Ryle:lmao:

Maybe SK could beat them. Highlands looked real bad for 3 or 4 straight games now.
Yes they did. This is just a reality check for those I mentioned earlier. I know SK would be right there wooping them.
SK beats Ryle in the playoffs.
Lol, I sure hope all of you realize that HHS sat several players. Their defense was decimated with injuries. You put Brendon Sullivan back into the LB core alone, and you shut Hempels running down.

As I have said, I am no Highlands fan, but for all of those who now have hope, don't be disappointed if it turns out to be false hope. And Neerfan, you should no better. You know that Highlands did not play several of their top defensive players. Also, Highlads did not show any of their Zone Read offense, and you have to ask why Dale kept the playbook very generic.

Is Highlands beatable - Absolutely when they play a generic gameplan and don't play many of their top players. Is SD making excuses for Highlans - NO WAY!
neerfan Wrote:Yes they did. This is just a reality check for those I mentioned earlier. I know SK would be right there wooping them.

You have to be kidding me. Highlands was obviously holding back until the second half when they realized they needed to step it up. The whole first half was just Towles running. Highlands has plenty of injury issues and they were trying to do the minimum to win which unfortunately didn't work out for them.

Not to be making even more excuses for the loss (I do acknowledge that they lost fair and square), but Highlands got hosed on a missed fumble call that led to a Ryle TD.

Also, I hope that this is a reality check to the team. I'm around them everyday of the week and the Dixie and Scott games had no effect on them. Hopefully they will rebound in the playoffs.
Stardust Wrote:Lol, I sure hope all of you realize that HHS sat several players. Their defense was decimated with injuries. You put Brendon Sullivan back into the LB core alone, and you shut Hempels running down.

As I have said, I am no Highlands fan, but for all of those who now have hope, don't be disappointed if it turns out to be false hope. And Neerfan, you should no better. You know that Highlands did not play several of their top defensive players. Also, Highlads did not show any of their Zone Read offense, and you have to ask why Dale kept the playbook very generic.

Is Highlands beatable - Absolutely when they play a generic gameplan and don't play many of their top players. Is SD making excuses for Highlans - NO WAY!

Injuries are a part of football and Highlands got beat. So your say that Highlands is not a very deep team?
Lets just say Congrats Ryle on your victory and not make excuses.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Injuries are a part of football and Highlands got beat. So your say that Highlands is not a very deep team?

There is No High School football team in the state that can play a top 5 team in the state and play without their starters and win. So, if you think that is not deep, then I guess the #2 team was not deep enough to beat the #4 team because they are not as deep as say - WHO???
championship teams dont make excuses because some players are injured, there champions because they overcome that. Stardust let Ryle cherish this win, no matter how many highlands players set out or whatever it was a HUGE win for NKY and the Ryle program, Injuries are just a part of football, Ryle beat Highlands fair and square, they whipped them up front and converted big plays, Ryle even had there starting tailback out for a portion of the game and they overcame that injury, Congrats Ryle on a huge win!
Stardust Wrote:There is No High School football team in the state that can play a top 5 team in the state and play without their starters and win. So, if you think that is not deep, then I guess the #2 team was not deep enough to beat the #4 team because they are not as deep as say - WHO???

Do what? I was asking a serious question. And, I'll ask again. Is Highlands not that deep of a team? You don't have to get all wadded up about it.
Pride and Football Wrote:championship teams dont make excuses because some players are injured, there champions because they overcome that. Stardust let Ryle cherish this win, no matter how many highlands players set out or whatever it was a HUGE win for NKY and the Ryle program, Injuries are just a part of football, Ryle beat Highlands fair and square, they whipped them up front and converted big plays, Ryle even had there starting tailback out for a portion of the game and they overcame that injury, Congrats Ryle on a huge win!

Good post.
Highlands couldn't stop the run. Ryle controlled the clock and played the game the way they needed to play to beat Highlands. End of story.
Pride and Football Wrote:championship teams dont make excuses because some players are injured, there champions because they overcome that. Stardust let Ryle cherish this win, no matter how man highlands players set out or whatever it was a HUGE win for NKY and the Ryle program, Injuries are just a part of football, Ryle beat Highlands fair and square, they whipped them up front and converted big plays, Ryle even had there starting tailback out for a portion of the game and they overcame that injury, Congrats Ryle on a huge win!

Excuse me, the post was a result of everyone knocking Highlands, so don't patronize my post. Ryle won, but because Ryle one, the shots from the uninformed needed to know they needed help in understanding their thoughts before they get too excited that HIGHLANDS LOST!
Benchwarmer Wrote:Do what? I was asking a serious question. And, I'll ask again. Is Highlands not that deep of a team? You don't have to get all wadded up about it.

Do What? What did you miss the the "serious" reply that HHS nor any other team in the state is deep enough to play a top ten team shorthanded.
Stardust Wrote:Excuse me, the post was a result of everyone knocking Highlands, so don't patronize my post. Ryle won, but because Ryle one, the shots from the uninformed needed to know they needed help in understanding their thoughts before they get too excited that HIGHLANDS LOST!

So I now need help with my thoughts. I'm done.
Why are you so defensive? Yes I did patronize your post, if your going to set there and say that if Highlands would've had everyone healthy they would of won, if your going to give reasons about people downplaying highlands direct it right at them, don't make it seem that ryle didn't deserve this win or the ryle fans.