• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ironton, OH 43 Ashland 6
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Ashland 10 penalties 145 yards

Ironton 2 penalties 25 yards

Welcome to tank stadium

Official Stats:
Ashland 9 penalties for 92 yards
Ironton 3 penalties for 45 yards

Not that it mattered, both teams need to clean up their play and Ashland needs to play more disciplined ball. They have too many weapons to shoot themselves in the foot all season long. Get back to winning Tomcats and Go Tigers!
I was surprised at the size of their school. Its not that big really. I think a fan told me they would just be a 2a or 3a in ky. How do you think they would match up with the Nky powers. Any comparisons? Im sure there lack of depth would hurt. But their first team execution was so impressive I think they would give about anyone fits.
Thank God the tomcats finally played a good team! KY football doesnt measure up to Ohio standards. We play football they LIVE it. Now thats a profound and enlightened statement baby.
I thought Ashland would at least keep it close.
Frogtownbuckeye Wrote:Official Stats:
Ashland 9 penalties for 92 yards
Ironton 3 penalties for 45 yards

Not that it mattered, both teams need to clean up their play and Ashland needs to play more disciplined ball. They have too many weapons to shoot themselves in the foot all season long. Get back to winning Tomcats and Go Tigers!

Just going by what I heard on radio but I apologized for the official comment it was made out of frustration the officials didn't allow wilks untouched to the endzone on the first play or cause Andrew nunley to drop wide open pass on ashlands first play cant have those mistakes playing a team like ironton on the road this game will help the cats stay humble work on there weeknesses and get better its better for us to be exposed by ironton and correct the problem than to be exposed in the playoffs
I know this may sound silly, but I believe the Tomcats first play from scrimmage was an important one. If that ball is caught, it is a 15 yard gain and a first down. Your offense may have found a rhythm and made the game much more interesting. I think the Tomcats need to work on their pass blocking this week. The athletes are there, the QB is there, just get him some time and he'll do the rest.
Teams should learn from this game. Pressure hunter and the Tomcat offense and you have a shot. Russell tried to play a passive zone against them and Hunter picked them apart.
What a surprise, or maybe not. I thought Ashland would come away with the win, but with a thrashing like this. Everybody said that the Tigers were a good team just was not clicking yet. Last night they got it going. Ironton is a very good coached and disciplined team. Coach Lutz and his staff demands it. Ashland will regroup and get ready for district play. I wish the Ky teams would get the same atmosphere as Tank stadium does.
Congrats to the Tigers.
Well, I have to say.......a little disappointed. I drove in to watch this one. I have some friends affiliated with both teams and from what I had heard, thought Ashland had a shot at embarrassing Ironton at home (and we all know that just doesn't happen). I knew Coach Lutz would not be intimidated and since he calls the defense, they'd be prepared. But I never expected what happened. Also, I don't think Coach wanted to lose to Ashland the last time they had a shot at him. Ironton looked so impressive. I'm glad they finally came alive this season.

Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.
Esse Quam Videri Wrote:Well, I have to say.......a little disappointed. I drove in to watch this one. I have some friends affiliated with both teams and from what I had heard, thought Ashland had a shot at embarrassing Ironton at home (and we all know that just doesn't happen). I knew Coach Lutz would not be intimidated and since he calls the defense, they'd be prepared. But I never expected what happened. Also, I don't think Coach wanted to lose to Ashland the last time they had a shot at him. Ironton looked so impressive. I'm glad they finally came alive this season.

Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

Do know something or have you just heard something?
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Ashland 10 penalties 145 yards

Ironton 2 penalties 25 yards

Welcome to tank stadium
Gotta love the logic at work here: "Let's see, Ironton has whupped us 35 of the last 40 years despite us being a much bigger school with plenty of athletes and good facilities and boosters. Further, 60% of these wins (3 of 5) have been at Ironton, with only 2 wins in 40 years at home. Hmmm.. Seems like there's a slight edge for us when playing at Ironton, even if sample is too small to assign statistical significance. What other facts do I have? Let's see.. everybody who saw the game, including the Ashland coach, noticed that Ironton's blocking discipline was superb we never laid a hand on the backs and also that their stunting and blitzing was organized and intense and took our (excellent) QB completely out of his game, into a place he'll have to get for college but which he doesn't need in Eastern Ky high school ball. Hmm.. I guess we got beat again fair and square by an excellently skilled and motivated program who, having made too many mistakes themselves last year (for which they did not blame officials, but only themselves) was laser-focused on error-free football this week (and probably had been using the first three games mostly to prep for this one and had probably not "shown" much of this prep in-game). Hmm... I know, I'l say we got "homered.". Are you KIDDING? Most folks on these boards are well-above the conspiracy theory view of the world.. Let's all get on board!
Ashland looked bad in this game. Turnovers, penalties, you name it. And Ironton looked pretty daggone good. Very athletic and hit you hard!
gapman Wrote:Do know something or have you just heard something?

Let's just say that when it is made official sometime after the season is over, that you had already heard it. I'm not saying he can't change his mind, but I
can tell you that anyone close to Coach or the program knows that this is it.
almaparker1979 Wrote:Gotta love the logic at work here: "Let's see, Ironton has whupped us 35 of the last 40 years despite us being a much bigger school with plenty of athletes and good facilities and boosters. Further, 60% of these wins (3 of 5) have been at Ironton, with only 2 wins in 40 years at home. Hmmm.. Seems like there's a slight edge for us when playing at Ironton, even if sample is too small to assign statistical significance. What other facts do I have? Let's see.. everybody who saw the game, including the Ashland coach, noticed that Ironton's blocking discipline was superb we never laid a hand on the backs and also that their stunting and blitzing was organized and intense and took our (excellent) QB completely out of his game, into a place he'll have to get for college but which he doesn't need in Eastern Ky high school ball. Hmm.. I guess we got beat again fair and square by an excellently skilled and motivated program who, having made too many mistakes themselves last year (for which they did not blame officials, but only themselves) was laser-focused on error-free football this week (and probably had been using the first three games mostly to prep for this one and had probably not "shown" much of this prep in-game). Hmm... I know, I'l say we got "homered.". Are you KIDDING? Most folks on these boards are well-above the conspiracy theory view of the world.. Let's all get on board!

As u can see I apologized for my refferee comments so this is really a non issue
Esse Quam Videri Wrote:Let's just say that when it is made official sometime after the season is over, that you had already heard it. I'm not saying he can't change his mind, but I
can tell you that anyone close to Coach or the program knows that this is it.

A few people had mentioned they heard the same thing. All good things come to an end THEY say.
Fanman Wrote:Ashland looked bad in this game. Turnovers, penalties, you name it. And Ironton looked pretty daggone good. Very athletic and hit you hard!

That really was the story in a nut shell. Mental mistakes in the form of missed assigments on both sides of the ball (for Ashland). Flags were a factor too but, the Cats were shooting themselves in the foot on that. The infractions were there and the flags, though painfull were correct.