•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Class A Favorites From The East
Patriot1 Wrote:Can you guys keep this up until football season starts again. At least I have something interesting to read. By the way Merry Christmas to all the BGR posters but as always GO PANTHERS!!!

Merry Christmas to you as well.

I will do my part to entertain. However, it is basically one Tiger vs several Panthers on here.

Any early comparisons for the QB at Pikeville? I know next to nothing about him.
2000PHS Wrote:Merry Christmas to you as well.

I will do my part to entertain. However, it is basically one Tiger vs several Panthers on here.

Any early comparisons for the QB at Pikeville? I know next to nothing about him.
You need to drag Floppy Melons out of the lingerie drawer mothballs to give you backup. lol

The QB is a very nice version of just being himself. Arm talent is better than the Hazard QB was, has a nice touch on the ball deep, good touch short, but typical young QB puts a little too much mustard on it sometimes. Honestly, no one recent reminds me of the ceiling he has demonstrated, but I think maybe Al Holland would be a good comparison at a similar age. I would favorably compare him to the Ashland QB in terms of the talent. He just has to put it all together and all indications are that he WILL work to try and do that.
^ QB is 6'3, 205, special player.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/9480205/Isaac-McNamee
jetpilot Wrote:^ QB is 6'3, 205, special player.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/9480205/Isaac-McNamee

Thanks jp. Can't wait to watch Isaac and these Panthers the next few years. Plays like a four starter.:Thumbs:
So tell me JP, McNamee at QB, and I know who returns on defense, but who is the starting RB who will be better than anyone Paintsville has? Also a first year starting qb over a 3 year starter? Not sure I agree...Mcnamee has a much higher ceiling but the challenges better be stout early to get him ready for a big regional championship game on the road and a state semi in a hostile environment on what could possibly be a sloppy mess. Pikeville may be the favorite but to say they are a write in.... I wouldn’t agree. Got some big shoes to fill... Can they? Sure. We shall see how hard they work between now and August. Will their Sr class be leaders and get everyone working hard and where they need to be ? All questions I can’t answer at this point. As far as the other East teams, I’ll give Paintsville the edge in talent but Raceland the edge in coaching and experience. I’ll just say it, with the roster Paintsville had two years ago and couldn’t even win the region....that’s laughable...they should’ve been challenging Beechwood in the state championship game instead they were 3 weeks into basketball. Hazard loses their 3 yr starter at qb, plus quite a few others. Williamsburg returns a good core but maybe they have a better shot at home. That turf with Pikeville’s team speed was too much for them. Raceland has their qb and those two super fast wr’s and their big tackle but who will carry the load for Raceland? I do think Pikeville has less question marks but having a Soph QB when a big game is on the line could be their big question mark. Been hearing some talk about a few new kids at a particular East 1A school who could really answer a few of those question marks, but we shall see. Should be interesting the next few weeks.....
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:Thanks jp. Can't wait to watch Isaac and these Panthers the next few years. Plays like a four starter.:Thumbs:

I need to recruit him.
Patriot1 Wrote:Can you guys keep this up until football season starts again. At least I have something interesting to read. By the way Merry Christmas to all the BGR posters but as always GO PANTHERS!!!

Merry Christmas!

You are like me and play a tough schedule while standing alone. lol. Merry Christmas!
Micro-Brew Wrote:So tell me JP, McNamee at QB, and I know who returns on defense, but who is the starting RB who will be better than anyone Paintsville has? Also a first year starting qb over a 3 year starter? Not sure I agree...Mcnamee has a much higher ceiling but the challenges better be stout early to get him ready for a big regional championship game on the road and a state semi in a hostile environment on what could possibly be a sloppy mess. Pikeville may be the favorite but to say they are a write in.... I wouldn’t agree. Got some big shoes to fill... Can they? Sure. We shall see how hard they work between now and August. Will their Sr class be leaders and get everyone working hard and where they need to be ? All questions I can’t answer at this point. As far as the other East teams, I’ll give Paintsville the edge in talent but Raceland the edge in coaching and experience. I’ll just say it, with the roster Paintsville had two years ago and couldn’t even win the region....that’s laughable...they should’ve been challenging Beechwood in the state championship game instead they were 3 weeks into basketball. Hazard loses their 3 yr starter at qb, plus quite a few others. Williamsburg returns a good core but maybe they have a better shot at home. That turf with Pikeville’s team speed was too much for them. Raceland has their qb and those two super fast wr’s and their big tackle but who will carry the load for Raceland? I do think Pikeville has less question marks but having a Soph QB when a big game is on the line could be their big question mark. Been hearing some talk about a few new kids at a particular East 1A school who could really answer a few of those question marks, but we shall see. Should be interesting the next few weeks.....
Remember the name Cody Raines. Kid will be a stud rb. And don’t put much stock in the “sophomore” thing. Battaille was a sophomore in 2015. Last thing, you NEVER have to worry about Pikevilles schedule being enough to make sure the team is battle tested. I mean, we play Belfry every year, HaArd even when they weren’t in our district, have added Raceland, and will have Mingo Central on there too.
Micro-Brew Wrote:So tell me JP, McNamee at QB, and I know who returns on defense, but who is the starting RB who will be better than anyone Paintsville has? Also a first year starting qb over a 3 year starter? Not sure I agree...Mcnamee has a much higher ceiling but the challenges better be stout early to get him ready for a big regional championship game on the road and a state semi in a hostile environment on what could possibly be a sloppy mess. Pikeville may be the favorite but to say they are a write in.... I wouldn’t agree. Got some big shoes to fill... Can they? Sure. We shall see how hard they work between now and August. Will their Sr class be leaders and get everyone working hard and where they need to be ? All questions I can’t answer at this point. As far as the other East teams, I’ll give Paintsville the edge in talent but Raceland the edge in coaching and experience. I’ll just say it, with the roster Paintsville had two years ago and couldn’t even win the region....that’s laughable...they should’ve been challenging Beechwood in the state championship game instead they were 3 weeks into basketball. Hazard loses their 3 yr starter at qb, plus quite a few others. Williamsburg returns a good core but maybe they have a better shot at home. That turf with Pikeville’s team speed was too much for them. Raceland has their qb and those two super fast wr’s and their big tackle but who will carry the load for Raceland? I do think Pikeville has less question marks but having a Soph QB when a big game is on the line could be their big question mark. Been hearing some talk about a few new kids at a particular East 1A school who could really answer a few of those question marks, but we shall see. Should be interesting the next few weeks.....

Who is writing them in? It's never going to easy in the east!
Like PHS said, Raines will be huge. Also can use Collum back there, he looked great. Collins looked very good when he got carries, Ca. Wright is a stud who I think will get carries as a Freshman, and there are others...
The Panthers will definitely have to work hard to answer your questions on the field. All I am saying is they will be loaded. Not making any predictions, that all depends on them, but I really like how the team is shaping up to look and wouldn't trade rosters with anyone in 1A.:Cheerlead
pjdoug Wrote:You are like me and play a tough schedule while standing alone. lol. Merry Christmas!

Your not standing alone PJDoug, I am with you but most important the Lord is always with you. He will never leave you or forsake you

You might be the only one on here but you definitely are a good one. The young quarterback is going to be a dandy big strong kid with a big arm. Not going to be the running quarterback like last year but he will tuck it and run and is a load to bring down. Going to be interesting to see how it all works out in the east. A lot of talent in all these east teams but like some as said it’s who works the hardest in the off season. Paintsville had a big surprise in the running back that came out late in the season and seeing him being even better this coming year. Merry Christmas to you and can’t wait for the season to begin, but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Patriot1 Wrote:Your not standing alone PJDoug, I am with you but most important the Lord is always with you. He will never leave you or forsake you

Well said. Thanks for the wise words and for standing with me, friend.
2000PHS I like to get an occasional jab in, but wish you well and hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas! Smile
pjdoug Wrote:2000PHS I like to get an occasional jab in, but wish you well and hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas! Smile

Merry Christmas to yours as well.

I enjoy the banter!
Merry Christmas to all! If anyone sees Floppy, tell him Hey! Lol
2000PHS Wrote:Merry Christmas to yours as well.

I enjoy the banter!

Good. I mean no harm Smile
PHSForever Wrote:Merry Christmas to all! If anyone sees Floppy, tell him Hey! Lol

Merry Christmas!
Year in and year out same suspects. Looks to be the same unless a surprise pops up anywhere. Any thoughts on a chance (SLIM) at all.
Williamsburg will be my team to watch form seems like ever 3 or 4 years they have a team that's got alot of tallent and experience. Is Ponder a senior to be or does he graduate this year?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Williamsburg will be my team to watch form seems like ever 3 or 4 years they have a team that's got alot of tallent and experience. Is Ponder a senior to be or does he graduate this year?

Williamsburg is on the rise for sure. Ponder will be a senior.
They should be back. All the weapons are back besides Mattingly. Thomas, Rose and Ponder will be there with the other role players. Right through to the regional championship again.
Campbellsville out of the west and whoever survives the east
Anyone know what NewCath is goina bring to the table? I know they havent been the NCC of old, just wondering how many NKY ppl are expecting them to come in and take Beechwoods place.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Anyone know what NewCath is goina bring to the table? I know they havent been the NCC of old, just wondering how many NKY ppl are expecting them to come in and take Beechwoods place.

They will be an upper tier 1A team, but not to the level of Beechwood.
The last 5 years, Beechwood has handled NCC with relative ease.

2014 30-13
2015 31-14
2016 42-14
2017 34-6
2018 33-21

Most years they should be a serious threat to get to the finals, but they would not have won 1A in 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, or 18
I know they lost some good players just like the teams in the East have. They will be a contender at least I think they will. Now if they do the seeding I don’t who plays who in the semi’s. So it may be east playing west in the semi’s and who ever wins playing in the championship. So this year it could end up with 2 West teams or 2 east teams in the championship or east vs west like it always has been. On Newport I don’t really know a lot about them except for the two games on hudl I seen them play but do know they lost some of their starters, KentuckyHillbilly probably knows more than me.
Did they ever announce they were going to officially seed the the semis? And if so, what's the criteria?
Why wait until the semis to seed the playoffs? It makes zero sense. If they are going to seed the playoffs do it at the beginning. That way you are assured an easy/west final and it makes the playoffs more interesting.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I agree
four quarters Wrote:They should be back. All the weapons are back besides Mattingly. Thomas, Rose and Ponder will be there with the other role players. Right through to the regional championship again.

They are definitely improving every year. They are well coached.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next