Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beechwood vs Pikeville (1A Championship) 11/30
jetpilot Wrote:Pikeville thumping Beechwood last time:

Hopefully they'll thump them in the rain tomorrow. it's pouring rain here now. is rain in the forecast for the game?
Yep. I have a feeling we are gonna get wet. But If it slows central down some I’ll take it. Beechwood too! Bad part is BW is used to playing on turf, but it’s not that big of an advantage! I still believe that if Pville can give their QB time they’ll give themselves a chance to win. Good luck PAnthers
Hound05 Wrote:Yep. I have a feeling we are gonna get wet. But If it slows central down some I’ll take it. Beechwood too! Bad part is BW is used to playing on turf, but it’s not that big of an advantage! I still believe that if Pville can give their QB time they’ll give themselves a chance to win. Good luck PAnthers

Pikeville plays on turf field when they play at home
Patriot1 Wrote:Pikeville plays on turf field when they play at home

Hopefully Pikeville will play like they did in 2015, and contain Castleman.
pjdoug Wrote:Hopefully Pikeville will play like they did in 2015, and contain Castleman.

If you think that the senior Castleman, is the same as the freshman Castleman that was filling in for the injured Ethan Stringer, then you are going to be sorely disappointed.
This kid has about 680 yards and 13 TDs in 3 playoff games.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:If you think that the senior Castleman, is the same as the freshman Castleman that was filling in for the injured Ethan Stringer, then you are going to be sorely disappointed.

Against 3 teams you could combine and Pikeville would put a running clock on.
I don't doubt Castleman is good. Pikeville's defense is going to surprise you though.
Castleman had 20 carries for 27 yards vs. Corbin and Cov Cath. Pikeville put up huge yardage against Belfry, Point Pleasant and everyone else. Castleman will have his hands full with Pikeville defense.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:If you think that the senior Castleman, is the same as the freshman Castleman that was filling in for the injured Ethan Stringer, then you are going to be sorely disappointed.

Where exactly did I give you the impression that I think Castleman is the same as he was as a Freshman? I'm not going to be disappointed either way. I said hopefully Pikeville will play like they did in 2015 "and" contain Castleman. try paying attention to what you read.
pjdoug Wrote:Where exactly did I give you the impression that I think Castleman is the same as he was as a Freshman? I'm not going to be disappointed either way. I said hopefully Pikeville will play like they did in 2015 "and" contain Castleman. try paying attention to what you read.

I paid attention, and you keep reverting back to 2015, this isn't 2015!!
jetpilot Wrote:Against 3 teams you could combine and Pikeville would put a running clock on.
I don't doubt Castleman is good. Pikeville's defense is going to surprise you though.
Castleman had 20 carries for 27 yards vs. Corbin and Cov Cath. Pikeville put up huge yardage against Belfry, Point Pleasant and everyone else. Castleman will have his hands full with Pikeville defense.

Are you comparing Belfry to Corbin?
And I know you aren't comparing Point Pleasant to the best team in the state of Kentucky.
jetpilot Wrote:Against 3 teams you could combine and Pikeville would put a running clock on.

Last I checked, Corbin just shutout the team that took Belfry to the woodshed.
And before you talk about Pikeville putting a running clock on a combined team of Beechwood's playoff opponents, you may want to check that Hazard score. Beating a mediocre Hazard team by 6 doesn't exactly scream of a dominant team.
Who exactly has Pikeville beaten in the playoffs?
Williamsburg is awful and Raceland is mediocre.
Castleman has 15 carries for 79 yards in the 15, 16 and 17 championship games.
I don't doubt he is very good but I'm not conceding the championship to Beechwood. This Pikeville team is better than all those teams he faced, including the 2015 Pikeville team.
Castleman was not the feature back until this season, and if you think this Pikeville team is better than 2015, then I want some of what you are drinking.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:Are you comparing Belfry to Corbin?
And I know you aren't comparing Point Pleasant to the best team in the state of Kentucky.

Pikeville will be much more like Corbin than KCD, Frankfort and Campbellsville. You say Williamsburg is horrible but they beat Frankfort lol.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:Castleman was not the feature back until this season, and if you think this Pikeville team is better than 2015, then I want some of what you are drinking.

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2018] Pikeville (KY) 34, [2015] Pikeville (KY) 27
jetpilot Wrote:Pikeville will be much more like Corbin than KCD, Frankfort and Campbellsville. You say Williamsburg is horrible but they beat Frankfort lol.

They beat Frankfort by 8, after trailing 33-14.
Pikeville is definitely better than KCD, Frankfort, and Campbellsville.
However, Pikeville is not Corbin, and Beechwood is not Raceland.
I never claimed that Frankfort or Campbellsville are great, but Pikeville hasn't played anybody in the playoffs near the caliber of Beechwood.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:I paid attention, and you keep reverting back to 2015, this isn't 2015!!

I didn't revert back to anything. You are drawing at straws.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:They beat Frankfort by 8, after trailing 33-14.
Pikeville is definitely better than KCD, Frankfort, and Campbellsville.
However, Pikeville is not Corbin, and Beechwood is not Raceland.
I never claimed that Frankfort or Campbellsville are great, but Pikeville hasn't played anybody in the playoffs near the caliber of Beechwood.

And Beechwood has not played anybody in the playoffs near the caliber of Pikeville. Pikeville will be much closer to Corbin than you think. With a better offense.
jetpilot Wrote:And Beechwood has not played anybody in the playoffs near the caliber of Pikeville. Pikeville will be much closer to Corbin than you think. With a better offense.

Pikeville is by far the best team Beechwood has played in the playoffs, that's why it's the state finals, but I'm not sure about Pikeville having a better offense than Corbin.
jetpilot Wrote:And Beechwood has not played anybody in the playoffs near the caliber of Pikeville. Pikeville will be much closer to Corbin than you think. With a better offense.
:truestory: Beechwood could be in trouble if the Pikeville offense is better than it was in 2015.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:Pikeville is by far the best team Beechwood has played in the playoffs, that's why it's the state finals, but I'm not sure about Pikeville having a better offense than Corbin.

Win or lose, I think you will really like this Pikeville team. Athletes and playmakers all over the field on both sides of the ball. Should be a great game.
pjdoug Wrote::truestory: Beechwood could be in trouble if the Pikeville offense is better than it was in 2015.

They don't have a Daric Pugh but they have more playmakers. Going to look up stats for comparison.
jetpilot Wrote:They don't have a Daric Pugh but they have more playmakers. Going to look up stats for comparison.
Pugh was tough and wasn't going to be denied.
jetpilot Wrote:Win or lose, I think you will really like this Pikeville team. Athletes and playmakers all over the field on both sides of the ball. Should be a great game.

Pikeville has a helluva team, may the best team win. As a lifelong Beechwood guy with a lot of history against Pikeville, I wouldn't want our last game in Class A against any other team. A big part of me will be sad to see the move up to 2A, as I've enjoyed the games over the years with Pikeville, Raceland, and Hazard.
Pikeville offense

2015 offense - 393 yards per game
2018 offense - 420 yards per game
jetpilot Wrote:Pikeville offense

2015 offense - 393 yards per game
2018 offense - 420 yards per game

2015 had Daric Pugh and 2018 doesn't.
This years team is good, but Pugh was a beast.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:2015 had Daric Pugh and 2018 doesn't.

He was a game changer for sure. They'll need somebody to give that same effort to beat Beechwood.
Don't forget Pikeville had 3 TD passes vs. Beechwood in 2015. It was the passing game that opened up the running game and vice versa. Pikeville will really stretch the field on Beechwood just like last time. They have more than enough offense. The key will be are BW lines really superior to Pikeville lines. No way for anyone to know until tomorrow.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:2015 had Daric Pugh and 2018 doesn't.

Pikeville has about 5 or 6 guys who can run the ball great. Heck a guy who didn't have a carry all year had about 85 yards and a TD last week on 3 carries lol. Not making a prediction on this game but all the reasons people think Pikeville can't win simply aren't valid.
jetpilot Wrote:Pikeville has about 5 or 6 guys who can run the ball great. Heck a guy who didn't have a carry all year had about 85 yards and a TD last week. Not making a prediction on this game but all the reasons people think Pikeville can't win simply aren't valid.

I know it will likely be a tough game for them to win, but I believe they can win, and have picked them to win it all since last year, because I know that they have a special team.
Patriot1 Wrote:Pikeville plays on turf field when they play at home

Shoot. I forgot all about that. I can’t keep up with all you rich folk haha. Well that’s good though, at least they’ll know what it’s like, unlike us unfortunately. I think our team has practiced at a near by college most of the week though. Hey what’s your guys radio stream?