Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin Co. 60 Prestonsburg 48
He doesnt have any post moves! Whats Jackie Day teaching them up there?? His turn around jump shot was falling but its too predictable.
the voice Wrote:Instead of Patton taking one dribble and trying to back his smaller defender inside, he would feel the player on his hip and turn inside with a shot, from 3/4 ft away, he is and inside player with a height advantage! Where's the head fakes or something from the big guy. By the way you talk of officiating tonight, one play in the 2nd Q I beleive, had a P-burg player grab a MC players jersey and pull him down, and he tried to say he did nothing. The ref did call it, but what's the deal with that, Thuggish basketball was played tonight, and it backfired!

Very aware of the play you are speaking about, the pburg player was returning the favor as the MC playing about ripped his jersey off him earlier. It was not called-of course. As we both know, when you retaliate you get caught. I dont think I would talk about playing thuggish until you clean up your own house.
Bad calls or not, congrats MC...P-burg, it was your first game. Things will start to come together. And you will get a second shot on Feb 21.
Justin Credible Wrote:He doesnt have any post moves! Whats Jackie Day teaching them up there?? His turn around jump shot was falling but its too predictable.

Do you realize this was his first rarsity game as a starter, I thought he played a hell of a game for the first time varsity. Give him a little time and a little confidense, he may surprise some people, time will tell.
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:Very aware of the play you are speaking about, the pburg player was returning the favor as the MC playing about ripped his jersey off him earlier. It was not called-of course. As we both know, when you retaliate you get caught. I dont think I would talk about playing thuggish until you clean up your own house.

Sir, I'm well aware of some "thuggish" play at times. P-burg tried to intimidate the boys form MC, it just didn't work tonight. These 2 teams always have a heated game when they play, one team not more so than the other I guess, but retalitation will alway be a part of the game, unfortunetly!!!!!
JTIME Wrote:Bad calls or not, congrats MC...P-burg, it was your first game. Things will start to come together. And you will get a second shot on Feb 21.

I agree, it should get better. More concerned about district play up here as that really is what matters. Look forward to the rematch.
We'll see!
the voice Wrote:Sir, I'm well aware of some "thuggish" play at times. P-burg tried to intimidate the boys form MC, it just didn't work tonight. These 2 teams always have a heated game when they play, one team not more so than the other I guess, but retalitation will alway be a part of the game, unfortunetly!!!!!

Sir, I totally disagree with you that Pburg tried to intimidate MC. I thought both teams respected each other for the most part.
Oh well, got to get ready for work. Enjoyed the dialog, good night.
the voice Wrote:Sir, I'm well aware of some "thuggish" play at times. P-burg tried to intimidate the boys form MC, it just didn't work tonight. These 2 teams always have a heated game when they play, one team not mPbore so th an the other I guess, but retalitation will alway be a part of the game, unfortunetly!!!!!
HAHA "Pburg tried to intimidate Magoffin." Neither team tried to intimidate each other! This was a fun game to watch, I wasn't really digging the officials but we certainly know that a young team in Prestonsburg can compete with an "undefeated" team.
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:The coach from Pikeville also watching a player from Pburg.

Which one? And dont even say Patton!!!
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:Oh no, I heard that Pikeville was actually recruiting refs. They offered Dubwa W and Romeo a full ride.
before anybody says it didnt happen i seen it at the end of the game when clay fletcher had the ball p-burg was fouling him the refs wouldnt call it a Magoffin fan was saying something to the refs and one of the refs lowered his hand to his side and give him the finger it happened i seen it and it was so shocking and so so funny!! i wont say which one no need in that
The Fan Wrote:before anybody says it didnt happen i seen it at the end of the game when clay fletcher had the ball p-burg was fouling him the refs wouldnt call it a Magoffin fan was saying something to the refs and one of the refs lowered his hand to his side and give him the finger it happened i seen it and it was so shocking and so so funny!! i wont say which one no need in that

I wasn't at this game and I am not saying this was the reason for the outcome of the game. BUT, I witnessed a girl's game the other night that Wallen was calling in, I can't remember who the other guy was, But anyway. There were, I believe 14 fouls called in the 1st qtr. The guy is trying, but maybe it is time he headed to the gradeschool gyms to finish his time as a Ref. :beg:

Must say though that the outcome was a little surprising though. Congrats to MC.
OffTheHook Wrote:I wasn't at this game and I am not saying this was the reason for the outcome of the game. BUT, I witnessed a girl's game the other night that Wallen was calling in, I can't remember who the other guy was, But anyway. There were, I believe 14 fouls called in the 1st qtr. The guy is trying, but maybe it is time he headed to the gradeschool gyms to finish his time as a Ref. :beg:

Must say though that the outcome was a little surprising though. Congrats to MC.

How was the outcome surprising?
15thRegionX Wrote:How was the outcome surprising?

I just figured Pburg would have been closer than that.
Mentioning Pikeville College, they do have a JV team now and if I was guessing, they were there recruiting players to play on the JV squad. I'm a big fan of Arnett, but no one on eighter PBurg or Magoffin will play any college Basketball at the Varsity level thats just the reality of it. But there are some players good enough to play on their JV team IMO.
Nice start for the hornets...alot of experience on this team. Look for them to be dangerous come March!!!
3-0 and the hornets are winning games they should unlike last year when they lost the ones they should have. Way to start the season guys keep it up.
If pburg had more than just 1 scrimmage game under there belt they would have beat magoffin even if the refs were horrible which they were. Pburg still led most of the game.
If a frog had wings it would'nt bump it's butt
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:Uh, I saw the program. I remember one player, but two. dont remember that. Anyway, what do they know? There just making it up as they go.

Yes, two.
6. Devin Rice
7. Eric Arnett
Yeah, what do they know? Reporting sports for the mountians is ONLY their job. I'm sure they just got on air and rambled on too.
Now lets keep this thread on topic.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
Congrats MAgoffin
I was at this game, and I do think the officiating was bad. Maybe not even, but it was badly called both ways. But with watching a lot of local high school games, thats just something I've gotten use to. So you might as well expect that before you buy a ticket.

Prestonsburg right now is a young team, I do not think they are playing to thier full potential, I think they are playing just to have fun. Hopefully they will turn it on for real when it comes tourny time.

Good luck to both teams on the rest of the season.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
Basketballer Wrote:Which one? And dont even say Patton!!!

Yea! you win the prize. Patton has already attended at least one PC game at the invitation of the coaching staff at the Expo Ctr. I feel they are recruiting him because he wants to play and get better. Apparently they see something you dont. Maybe it the fact that he is 17 yrs old and almost 6'7". He shoots the ball extremely well and hustles and likes contact. This is based on the MC game. I think it would be great for a kid like this to get to play at the next level and get and college education while doing so. He would most likely play at the JV level for the first year or two then who knows what might happen. I wish him the best, good kid.
player from pburg? hard believe walking wnedell missed some traveling calls.
Good game Magoffin.
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:Yea! you win the prize. Patton has already attended at least one PC game at the invitation of the coaching staff at the Expo Ctr. I feel they are recruiting him because he wants to play and get better. Apparently they see something you dont. Maybe it the fact that he is 17 yrs old and almost 6'7". He shoots the ball extremely well and hustles and likes contact. This is based on the MC game. I think it would be great for a kid like this to get to play at the next level and get and college education while doing so. He would most likely play at the JV level for the first year or two then who knows what might happen. I wish him the best, good kid.

I guess that we will just have to wait and see.. I just dont think that he has it in him to play at that level.
wow is Magoffin Co that good....3-0, who have they played so far?
Betsy Layne

Jackson City

and Prestonsburg

Magoffin plays JBS this Satuday at the Expo Center, 11:30 I think?