Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Raceland Rams Football Schedule
2000PHS Wrote:3 year starter at QB. Williams at RB, Phelps and McClurg on the outside. They will okay.

Take away the TD vs the Pikeville subs in the last minute of the game where Pikeville was up 36-7 and Paintsville scored 3 TDs in 3 games vs Raceland and Pikeville. I hope those guys never graduate.:flame:

Just messing with you 2000! Paintsville will put a good team on the field. But you know when you take a shot at Pikeville posters on here you will get return fire.:devilflam
For Paintsville to have the atheletes and size upfront, their offense was very pedestrian and more predictable than Racelands. Which is hard to do lol. The William's kid should be a tough kid to deal with though once he knows more of the offense.
Still believe the offensive side of the ball was better w/ Kinner calling the plays. Does Chirico give McClurg a shot at QB this season?
Gargamel Wrote:Still believe the offensive side of the ball was better w/ Kinner calling the plays. Does Chirico give McClurg a shot at QB this season?

I still don’t buy the whole stepping down to be with family story. I’d love to know the real reason why Kinner stepped down. You just don’t wait and do that on the first day of practice.
It’s official.....
We are scrimmaging @ Belfry on Aug 9th 6:30pm at Belfry.
sidelinedoc Wrote:It’s official.....

If that’s true I will get to watch the scrimmage and that will be great.
Patriot1 Wrote:If that’s true I will get to watch the scrimmage and that will be great.

What do you mean, “if it’s true”? I posted it as official.
I believe you Doc. I just live about 2 miles from the field so I get to come down and watch and may get to talk to some of you guys
Rams by Eleventy-Billion!!!!
sidelinedoc Wrote:It’s official.....

Love it!! We need more of things like that!!!
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Love it!! We need more of things like that!!!

We need a beat down like this in the middle of the season
Agree to disagree here? I dont think an ass beating from hell is exactly what a team needs mid season. But I do believe a game or 2 that we SHOULD NOT WIN, needs to be there. Bc championship teams handle the The they SHOULD beat early and put them away from the get go, then beat the teams they COULD beat, and are at the very least competitive in the games they SHOULD NOT win. I dont think a 40 point loss does anything long term other than teaches humility. But competitive games create learning opportunities and create situations of adversity.
7-3
Micro-Brew Wrote:Rams by Eleventy-Billion!!!!

Or more.
Raceland’s had a tough hard nosed RB For a while.

Who are guys that will step into that spot, if any? They graduate the bulk of their rushing production if I remember correctly.
You will see lots of footballs flying in Ramland this season
We will be RB by committee. But I think Pennington will be the go to guy by mid season.
But we will still share the workload on the ground. I expect us the be more 50/50 on run/pass this year. In previous years, even with Davidson and Elkins, we were still 60/40 run/pass. We will still throw the ball more this year, but I dont expect a huge philosophy change, we will still be a run first team.
I have heard the grid opponents for several teams have changed due to Fairview dropping out of the grid. I hear Raceland will be playing Montgomery County now.
thecoacher Wrote:I have heard the grid opponents for several teams have changed due to Fairview dropping out of the grid. I hear Raceland will be playing Montgomery County now.

Has Fairview dropped football??If so that’s sad!
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Has Fairview dropped football??If so that’s sad!

I don’t think they dropped football, just left the EKC.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Has Fairview dropped football??If so that’s sad!

It's not sad. It's called digging your own grave. Every person in the "city" of Wasteweed was 100% behind what was going on and I guarantee you that the majority of those people knew that the goings on were shady. Stop feeling sorry for that program.
I feel bad for the kids that were still in the JFL when everything started. Fairview has a good bit of tallent and fair numbers in their JFL program right now. But I think that tallent will end up elsewhere soon if things continue. Does it affect the HS now? Of course not. But it sure as hell will throughout the next decade.
But as far as the program goes...I'm over it. It's been crooked for so long theres not much else that can be said.
RamNation says goodbye today to the biggest RamFan to ever grace Ram Stadium. Mark Cooper rarely missed a game and was so proud of his rams and his nephew Mike Salmons. The Commissioner, as he was known in our world, has made his grand entrance into the pearly gates. Rest in peace Mark. My heart is heavy this evening.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:RamNation says goodbye today to the biggest RamFan to ever grace Ram Stadium. Mark Cooper rarely missed a game and was so proud of his rams and his nephew Mike Salmons. The Commissioner, as he was known in our world, has made his grand entrance into the pearly gates. Rest in peace Mark. My heart is heavy this evening.
Thoughts and prayers to his family, friends and RamNation.
https://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Former...70471.html

WSAZ Channel 3 did a story on Mark Cooper's passing at the above link.
Cant say enough about what Mark meant to pur community. His passion and love of life was unmatched by anyone I've ever known. They placed him in hospice care twice in the last 5 years, both times he fought whole heartedly and came back out seemingly stronger than ever. Myself as well as countless others, are going to miss him dearly. None more so than our HC, his nephew. Prayers for their whole family and the rest of pur community.
Aug 16th EKC Grid @ Raceland (revises)

6pm Bath Co vs Greenup Co
8pm Montgomery Co vs Raceland

* Montgomery Co is not in the EKC but wanted to scrimmage.
We will know more about where this Raceland team stands early on, more so than any other team we have had, maybe ever. With scrimmages at Belfry and a solid Montgomery County team, we will know where we stand before our opener. Like these two preseason games.