Poll: Taylor County - at Adair County - 7:00 PM
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Taylor County
83.33%
Adair County
16.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylor County - at Adair County - 7:00 PM
Adair is just so explosive (I know, I know..that must sound so odd, to so many. I get it). I really don't see Taylor slowing them down. Taylor's best defense will without a doubt be their offense.
I'm not going against the ole ball coach. Dudley takes it!
Real Badman Wrote:I'm not going against the ole ball coach. Dudley takes it!

Adair County has a good team,but we all know Dudley has gone up against many many teams that were supposed to beat him and came out as the victor.
Adair had a good year for them, but they failed to beat a teamwith a winning record all season long. Adair lost to a 5-6 Casey County. Caset also beat Taylor (Pre- dudley) 22-0 and beat Adair 25-7.

So they had a decent record and put up decent stats vs Caverna, Metcalfe, Russell, and Breck of the world. Failed to show up and have much fight when they played better teams.

With that said I think Dudley wins. Who are the Transfer that Taylor got?
I get the arguments against their schedule last year. With that said, those are also the same teams on their schedule back in the not so long ago days of O'Fer and 1 win seasons.

With Adair, and their fan base, I feel pretty comfortable in saying that they are thinking big picture here. No question they are in that 10-15 group of 3A..a program looking to make their first trip ever to a region title game this year.

Facing teams like Casey were and I still believe are their Achilles heel (see Taylor). They lost to Casey (w/out their best player, RB Lasley), then beat a Ft. Campbell team, that while not comparative to their teams of the past..was better than Adair skill wise I believe. (Ft. Campbell played a ridiculous schedule last year).
Year before Gay got to Adair, they lost to both Caverna and Breck..
I agree Gay is doing an wonderful job no doubt about that. And trust me nobody pulls for the underdog more than myself. Personally I hope they beat Taylor. I wish them the best and hope they make some noise and get to a regional final.
I thought Lasley played vs casey
Pigskinman53 Wrote:I thought Lasley played vs casey

If he did, it was only for a quarter or so. Ankle if not mistaken.

Casey is another team I'd love to see break through & they started that last year. Sam Marple has and is doing a good job there. It's been a slow process, but thats how it goes in these rural...1-2 stoplights in the whole county type communities. Tip of the hat to he and the administration for staying the course and sticking with he/his staff.
gocatsncards Wrote:Just curious, Dudley aside, why the lack of respect for the cards? There have been several posts extolling the seemingly neverending talent at Adair. Personally, even though I am a Taylor fan, I know little about Adair, therefore I am not going to disparage a team that I know little about. I did go to a 7 on 7 at Adair a few weeks ago. I don't think we played Adair's starters but the Adair squad we played was no better than our athletes. I know it was backyard football (7 on 7) but I am trying to understand the overconfidence.
Adair had 2 teams you guys played the team with without any of the starting offense players.
Moose Head Wrote:Adair had 2 teams you guys played the team with without any of the starting offense players.

Thought so. The other Adair team that was on our field was being manhandled by the other three teams there. I know Adair is improved and is getting better every week. Glad this is the first game!
Moose Head Wrote:Adair had 2 teams you guys played the team with without any of the starting offense players.

it this a :truestory: ? Confusedtare:
^^correct. Adair had two teams. Varsity and JV at the 7v7.
When was the last time that Taylor Co and Adair Co has received this much attention ?
Objective Wrote:When was the last time that Taylor Co and Adair Co has received this much attention ?

Not sure I can ever think of a time!

Love seeing some new blood...especially in the rural areas of Southern KY.
To answer that question 100% accurate....never.
Not a lack of respect, just a logical examination of athletic ability and playing style. Dudley and Taylor do not have the athletes to cover, run with or run on the Adair group. Adair's offense will tire the Taylor D that features many 2-3 way players, and the Taylor offense does not appear to be more threatening than last year, with the loss of significant backfield production. If Taylor is able to sustain a drive or two with the "Dudley ground and pound" perhaps Taylor hangs around and is competitive. I just don't see it.
How did the scrimmage go Friday? Taylor's got cancelled, which I hate because we really are not sure what we have going into week 0. Granted scrimmages are not really that informative since a lot usually gets held back but it is good to actually play against another team finally. I am looking forward to a good game Friday night. Taylor really is an unknown at this point since the entire offensive backfield had to be replaced. Even last week the qb spot was still up for grabs. This years team will be different from last years with a host of different personnel. You do raise an interesting point, how many players does Adair have going both ways? Our entire interior D line plays both ways, 2 of the 4 LB's and the secondary does as well. Should be interesting to see how it plays out.
You know that much about Taylor, yet don't know how the Campbellsville/Adair scrum went? "C'mon Man!!"
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:I, for one, thought playing LexCath to a 13-8 score was a fluke. But, then..when they almost knocked off 1 seed Knox Central on the 1st round...he and his teams made me a believer yet, again.
I'm sure you know "Dudley" followed up the close loss to LexCath with a 21-0 shutout loss to a 2-8 Mercer Co. team. And that Knox Central team was hammered in the second round of the playoffs by a mediocre Boyle Co. team.

Dudley is a good coach. But he, like any reasonably good coach, is only going to be as good as his players. Coaching is overrated, especially in high school. Players and scheduling dictate success.

Adair 34-14.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:You know that much about Taylor, yet don't know how the Campbellsville/Adair scrum went? "C'mon Man!!"

Yep, was out of town last week and just got back to central ky today. As far as the vast array of knowledge about Taylor, I do have connections to that team. So although I would rather have seen the Adair/cville scrum, work had other plans for me last week. Would like to know how it went though.
Adair County
Thunder Lips Wrote:I'm sure you know "Dudley" followed up the close loss to LexCath with a 21-0 shutout loss to a 2-8 Mercer Co. team. And that Knox Central team was hammered in the second round of the playoffs by a mediocre Boyle Co. team.

Dudley is a good coach. But he, like any reasonably good coach, is only going to be as good as his players. Coaching is overrated, especially in high school. Players and scheduling dictate success.

Adair 34-14.

I cant remember a mediocre team at Boyle County,but Adair County is mediocre at best in most years.Taylor County will likely hammer them this year.
Thunder Lips Wrote:I'm sure you know "Dudley" followed up the close loss to LexCath with a 21-0 shutout loss to a 2-8 Mercer Co. team. And that Knox Central team was hammered in the second round of the playoffs by a mediocre Boyle Co. team.

Adair 34-14.

Mediocre? Boyle County? I definitely beg to differ. Aside, with all the talent Adair has returning, it is really hard to tell how good they really are. Last years opponents combined record was 49-87. Take out the South Warren game and all other opponents went a combined 36-86. It looks like Adair wasn't tested week in and week out.

For comparison, TC's opponents combined record was 67-66. Not great but above .500. Further breaking it down, pre-Dudley opponent record was 16-18. Under Dudley, the opponent record was 51-48 (including a mediocre Boyle County's 11-2, where the two losses were a combined 14 points to a horrible Lex Catholic team.

Both teams do not have a common opponent with Dudley coaching. What does all this mean, absolutely nothing. But it does make me question the "all the talent Adair has while Taylor has none" argument (and before anyone gets too riled, I am NOT saying Adair isn't talented). To play the tougher schedule last year, Taylor had to have some talent to do as well as they did with Dudley against that schedule.

That being said, I am looking forward to a great game Friday night. I am not predicting a winner because of all the question marks that Taylor has. I do think it will be much closer than the Adair faithful are suggesting though. Am I the only one pumped and ready for the season to begin?
I meant to say Boyle was mediocre by Boyle standards, which is light years ahead of most programs.

Taylor won 4 games last year and only one of those was against a team with a winning record (6-5 Marion). Adair's schedule was very soft, but they had no hiccups against any 2-8 teams like Mercer Co.

Adair Co. football history is one of struggle, but Taylor Co. is right with them in that struggle. Taylor has had just 2 winning seasons and one playoff win since 1999.
Taylor 24 Adair 16
Thunder Lips Wrote:Adair Co. football history is one of struggle, but Taylor Co. is right with them in that struggle. Taylor has had just 2 winning seasons and one playoff win since 1999.

This is where we agree. Neither is a tradition-rich powerhouse. I feel that both programs are on the rise. I have been impressed with the job coach Gay has done at Adair. Dudley, is well Dudley, but he has started to turn it around. I realize that it will be a long, slow process but it is good to see the beginnings of it. Hopefully both teams will have successful seasons!
gocatsncards Wrote:Yep, was out of town last week and just got back to central ky today. As far as the vast array of knowledge about Taylor, I do have connections to that team. So although I would rather have seen the Adair/cville scrum, work had other plans for me last week. Would like to know how it went though.

Campbellsville won 18-16 in a half of play. Adair got up 16-0 in the 1st.

I think they threw 2 picks in the 2nd, one inside the Cville 15 or so. Both turnovers lead to Campbellsville TD's.

Kendon Young did his thing a few times. Man, what a special player and even better young man. I don't know that he is D1 like some say, maybe so, but definitely a solid 1-AA kid and that's good enough in my book.
Thanks for the update Fly. I wish I could have seen it as those are two of our first three opponents. Sounds like it was a good scrimmage. You are correct about Kendon. Good kid from a good family and a freak on the field. I know he has been going to a lot of camps over the summer but I don't think he has any D1 offers but I do believe that he has a lot of 1AA interest. He will definitely be playing on Saturdays next year though.
Taylor's scrimmage got canceled because Dudly, in true Dudly fashion, was breaking the rules and got caught. Someone turned them into the KHSAA for scrimmaging at camp so they had to cancel their scheduled one Friday night. He's teaching those boys a lot by breaking the rules.
They we're also filming Adair County's scrimmage, which is against the rules. Adair saw them and made them delete their film. And what was the point? Adair was going to send them the film anyway. Truly classless.