Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mine Operators not restorng mountains, OSM reports!
TheRealVille Wrote:Like I have said before, quit whining about the government and go to the jobs are. Your wife can watch after the kids and sleep by herself during the week. I have traveled quite a bit in the last 20 years when work slowed up around here. I go where I have to to feed my family. I don't depend on the government to provide for my family, I go get it.

In principal I know what you are saying, but take the time to think about this. What about those guys that are in say their late 50's or perhaps their very early 60's and dont know how to do anything else? Who is going to give a guy like that a chance? Who is going to take the time to retrain a guy lat that age and then hire them? When you get to that age your options really dwindle to almost little and none for a well paying job that you are not trained in and may not have an extensive educated background in. Your fortunate that you are perhaps young enough to do something like what you say you do, and have training in a field that allows you to do just that. Not everybody is in the same situation as you may be. I dont think everybody expects the government to hand something over to them, but I think that most expect the government to exercise a little common sense in what they mandate.
Messages In This Thread
Mine Operators not restorng mountains, OSM reports! - by Mr.Kimball - 08-03-2009, 09:48 PM