Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry Pirate Practice - Any Reports From Day 1?
mrfootball03 Wrote:Your mixed up.
Belfry did beat Ironton Jonathan's senior season, but Belfry couldn't have been the 3rd best team in 3A, because they were in 2A in 1999. His senior year Belfry lost in the 2nd round to Breathitt Co. @ Vipperman (47-42) behind Allen Sperry's 570 passing yards that game. Your thinking about Jonathan's junior year (1998) when Belfry was upset in the regional finals in overtime to Sheldon Clark, who they dominated earlier in the season. They were beaten by Ironton that year by like 3 touchdowns. They were a good team that year, but I'm not sure I would have called them the 3rd best team in 3A, with the likes of Ryle & Bowling Green in that class that year as well.

I was... it was Wright's Junior year when they beat Ironton. That year Highlands and CovCath were on a different level then anyone else in 3A, Sheldon Clark played Highlands tough, but they were blown out as well for all intensive purposes. Highlands went on to beat either Waggener or Owensboro by a score of like 56-0 that season.

The first year in 2A (Wright's Senior season) Belfry definately dropped a bit in talent.
Messages In This Thread
Belfry Pirate Practice - Any Reports From Day 1? - by EKUAlum05 - 07-31-2009, 08:54 AM