Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legislative discussion to shorten school year?
kittennation Wrote:Lets hope not teachers aren't paid enough now. I agree some adjustments need to made. We must have testing to measure progress. I think a nationally normed test would be a better indicator than the CATS test. As an educator the task of teaching our children is demanding and without respect. Our children continue to fall below the national average in reading and math. Not to mention other countries We must continue to challenge and demand nothing more than the best education possible for our children. Teachers must have standards and be held accountable. The future of Kentucky's kids is at stake.

I agree teachers aren't paid enough, and testing is a must, but I do not like the current system where the students scores must improve each year. IMO each class is different, next years class may be better than this years, or it may not. It seem to me that schools should lengthen the school year instead of making it shorter.

My wife is an educator so I know what you and the other teachers are going through and you have my prayers, good luck.
Messages In This Thread
Legislative discussion to shorten school year? - by Old School - 01-24-2009, 12:09 AM