Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you were president and could change government what would you do?
thecavemaster Wrote:If you will familiarize yourself with many other threads, you will find I have posted multitudes of my own ideas. Debate is about stating your own ideas, "picking apart" opposing views, meeting objections of the other side. The Fair Tax is "progressive" only in as much as its proponents need it to be. It's like selling a used car with a bad motor by focusing on the pretty wheels.

Idon't understand the the idea of the progressive tax? In a fair tax system the taxes on the lower incomes are not going to raise, they are going to be the same if not less, if they even pay any at all. However, what you're saying is that the higher incomes should pay a higher percentage of their income because it costs people who make less money more of their overall income for their necessities. Why are we raising it on the higher income people though? It makes no sense to me. It is in no way helping those who make less money, you're just taking money away from other hard working people. Do you in some way feel they should be punished because they make more money than someone else?
Messages In This Thread
If you were president and could change government what would you do? - by Beetle01 - 12-05-2008, 09:40 AM