Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pikeville
77.50%
Raceland
22.50%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville vs Raceland (1A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP)
I agree talent level is closer this season. After watching a couple of Raceland games in person and seeing Campbellsville in person last week, I think Campbellsville was the tougher game for Pikeville. I’ve gone back and watched a few other games of all those teams and they are honestly all close and could beat each other on any given day. I wouldn’t have said that before seeing them in person but Campbellsville belonged in that conversation. Pikeville is the most talented, complete, best team or whatever you wanna call it in 1A but that team doesn’t always win. I can’t see Raceland running as effectively as they have the past couple weeks against lesser defenses. Rams weren’t able to move the ball well the first meeting and Pikeville had several drives but shot themselves in the foot or didn’t finish. In the end, Raceland won that first meeting. They have great players but not the speed of some of the Eagles or even a couple of Middlesboro kids. Both teams have to do a better job hanging onto the rock. Several fumbles last couple of weeks from both. Turnovers will be huge. Watch special teams. Raceland almost got on a couple of squib kicks that bounced Pikeville’s way that first meeting. Also, Raceland won on a blocked XP first meeting. Pikeville missed an XP this week. That is the one area I think Raceland has a clear advantage. Hidden yardage to be found there also. It’ll be a good game but I’m sticking with my Pikeville pick 28-14.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Belichick's post:
  • Big Five-0-
Messages In This Thread
RE: Pikeville vs Raceland (1A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP) - by Belichick - 11-26-2023, 05:07 PM