Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell drops Ashland from Schedule
(09-03-2022, 01:39 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote:
(09-03-2022, 11:24 AM)KColley Wrote: Wheelersburg has won 10+ games and made an appearance in a regional championship game in seven out of the last nine years. Have only had one losing season (2000) since 1964.

The year that you all went to state, Wheelersburg went 15-0 and won the Division V State Championship (they beat West, who went 9-1 in the regular season, 41-7 that year whom Raceland was in a serious ballgame with), and went to the state semis the next year beating West by four-plus scores both times they played.

Rob Woodward and his staff are outstanding and they truly have the enthusiasm up in that area for football about as high as it's ever been over the past five-eight years. They have an outstanding freshman class who is already seeing time on the field and the expectation is that they'll be in the thick of things for years to come. If you're competing with Wheelersburg in anything, you are doing something right. They've won state titles in football, baseball x2, softball x2, and track just in the last decade and are probably in line to win at least a couple more state softball championships.

If Wheelersburg was in Kentucky I seriously doubt they have those other championships or as many. They would be strong in Football though. It is So much harder to win state titles in Kentucky than Ohio with Kentucky not having classes for most of their sports. Wheelersburg is always pretty good at sports though.

(09-10-2022, 04:05 AM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote:
(09-10-2022, 02:17 AM)KColley Wrote: You can't drop teams just because they have transfers. This is not a good move. If you are going to put 'A Tradition of Excellence' as your school motto, then you need to be competing against the best of the best in everything. Regardless of what may or may not be going on, I personally would want to play Ashland in basketball and Raceland in football. Beating them means you are a good unit with stuff to work on. Losing to them means that you need to get better and work on stuff as well.

I would like to play Raceland and Ashland well but talking about it on a message board does nothing. It's not like Russell administration is going to listen to a  bunch of people on a message board. The school administration does what they want whether we like it or not.

I also agree with you here. They're not going to. I just feel like that if you are going to put as a school slogan, A Tradition of Excellence, you need to live up to the standard of what you are promoting your school to be.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Russell drops Ashland from Schedule - by KColley - 09-10-2022, 05:58 AM