Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contempt has Turned to War
TheRealThing Wrote:APRIL 22, 2011
"As I have said before, so desperate are the democrats to stay in power and so strong is thier contempt for anything non-liberal, they will merrily ride our country off the cliff rather than give in. If they can't rule, it's decry and defame and footdrag until the majority is reclaimed in congress. If civility and respect can't be restored in the "hallowed halls" the machine that is our government will grind to a halt. And, while we bicker, our enemies grow stronger and our will to remain a sovereign nation is weakened. Over 200 years of history means nothing. Now the government will tell us what we think, and the mainstream media will be the medium. Whlle they insist everything is ok, we borrow nearly 17,000 dollars every minute."

I rarely quote myself and apologize for having done so this time, but the point is worth making IMHO. The (edited) post above, was made back on April 22nd, 2011. And yet as I have noted in sundry times past, the backstory actually goes back much farther, all the way to 1979 in fact, during Reagan's run-up to the White House. As I have recently gone into some detail on this matter in post# 8 of the "SCOTUS Candidates" thread, I will just say that though it was in Reagan's day that I first noticed it, there is these days a palpable animosity towards the right from main stream media and Democrats.

Just this week Lou Dobbs and Bill O'Reilly spoke on this very situation, describing it as a war. Said war has begun to spill out into the streets, as we see more and more, that violence is the norm for rioters whom the left has affectionately renamed protesters. But then what should we expect when Congressmen speak of subversion and act like uneducated thugs at a 1930's style union rally?

Meanwhile in the offices of government agencies you can bet the paper shredders are all hot to the touch, as the Dems are doing their darnedest to hold cabinet appointees at bay. Betsy DeVos was a tough one, and that is because the public schools are where lefties indoctrinate the nation's youth. Jeff Sessions even worse, as a thing called justice is about to awaken for the first time in decades. I mean, you know Dems didn't believe for the first second that Trump would ever win, they owned the White House to hear them tell it.

But as I have said the reason Harry Reid used the nuclear option was because Dems recognized the great opportunity which lay before them. The Obama Administration appointed 2 SC judges, 55 judges to the Courts of Appeals, 268 judges to District Courts, 4 judges to United States Court of International Trade, 8 judges to the US Tax Court, 12 judges to Military Review, Veterans Claims, Armed Forces, Federal Claims, and Territorial Courts. And those are just the heavy weight judges. Activist Judges like the ones in Washington State could conceivably cause any administration, and therefore the land, all kinds of grief. The gloves are off, and some folks other than Trump had better wake up, especially where the Supreme Court is concerned.

And BTW, if more context is needed, consider that at the time of my 2011 post we borrowed a paltry 17,000 dollars each minute. According to Rand Paul as of July 2015, we were borrowing an incredible 1 million dollars a minute.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Contempt has Turned to War - by TheRealThing - 02-11-2017, 03:08 AM
Contempt has Turned to War - by vector - 02-11-2017, 03:27 PM
Contempt has Turned to War - by TheRealThing - 02-11-2017, 06:53 PM
Contempt has Turned to War - by TheRealThing - 02-12-2017, 03:27 PM
Contempt has Turned to War - by TheRealThing - 02-12-2017, 07:12 PM
Contempt has Turned to War - by TheRealThing - 02-13-2017, 08:22 PM
Contempt has Turned to War - by TheRealThing - 02-13-2017, 10:41 PM
Contempt has Turned to War - by TheRealThing - 02-14-2017, 03:03 AM
Contempt has Turned to War - by TheRealThing - 02-14-2017, 07:32 PM
Contempt has Turned to War - by TheRealThing - 02-14-2017, 10:22 PM