Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dr. Ben Carson potential Presidential Campaign?
Motley Wrote:Thank you for taking the time to take a look at what I was saying. I can respect your disagreement. I personally feel different about it, but I was asked my opinion and gave it. I think my "rational" comment may have rubbed the wrong way so it probably could have went without being said, but the comment regarding slavery has been something that made me intrigued by him for a while now which led me to see so e other things he has said. So when asked about him, I was ready to respond.

What was your response going to be? Carson has said over and again that the state has created a dependency specifically directed at the black man. And, that said dependency greatly resembled the dependency created by slavery, in that black men were generations deep in some cases, into being dependent upon their white owners for everything in life.

Taking aim at Carson for lifting himself up by his own bootstraps to become a doctor and a leader of doctors in his field, is somewhat misguided if you ask me. If you went to college, you have some idea how incredibly disciplined and motivated those who graduate in the field of medicine actually are. There are no free passes to be had there. But, if mixing affirmative action into the argument against Carson's character was your intent, I guess the rub must have gone over my head. If we taxpayers are going to invest tax dollars into the lives of college students, may all of them go to individuals with the drive and integrity that Ben Carson's life has demonstrated. But, as so often has been the case, Affirmative Action boiled down has become the easy road to riches.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Dr. Ben Carson potential Presidential Campaign? - by TheRealThing - 03-04-2015, 05:18 AM