Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Paul Chapman to Knott County Central
This is a very risky hire by Knott. There is no doubt that he is one of the best coaches in eastern ky and I agree that he is the best coach in the district and region they are in. However, he is no stranger to controversy. Everywhere he has been there have been things happen, even having to forfeit a lot of wins a few years ago. He is a very good football coach that has been apart of a lot of good teams and championship teams. He was very involved in recruiting players while he was in Pile County and that is really not a secret to anyone. His character has always been a an issue every place he's been. I never understood some of the things that happened, but I do know that anyone that resigns like he did from PCC cares very little about anyone but himself. He left the administration and those players in the middle of the summer right before practice was getting ready to start and left the school scrambling to find someone. He has burned a lot of bridges and has been a terrible role model for his players, going as far as refusing to shake coach's hand and not letting his team shake hands either. My guess is that his ego got tired of not running things and now he staying in that area hoping the Breathitt job comes open soon. One thing is for sure about him, losing brings out his true character and I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't even make it through his first season. I know Knott wanted to make a move to turn their program around, but at what cost? I hope he has grown up some, but chances are he'll keep doing things the same way and could get himself and Knott in trouble. With that being said he'll find a way to win some games, but you just may have to give those wins back at a later date.
Messages In This Thread
John Paul Chapman to Knott County Central - by baseball1974 - 12-31-2014, 04:47 PM