Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg @ Hazard 11-21( Region Championship )
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Mr. 1974, you seem to be searching for some numbers and seem to be into stats. I like numbers and stats myself so I have some for you.

I personally have not seen Williamsburg play this year, but I do have a couple knowledgeable friends who have seen last years and this years team play. Dalton Sizemore would be a huge loss to any team. He was one heck of a QB who could tuck and run when needed, but he wasn't very elusive he was a power runner (FB type). Skyler Griffith is a heck of a QB/ATH who has proven he can not only throw the ball, but can also tuck and run with difference being his speed. He is a very elusive athlete who is a different animal to stop.

Although Williamsburg lost one heck of a QB in Sizemore they gained another with similar yet different skill set in Griffith.

Williamsburg was tested last year in the regular season against North Laurel and Wayne County in which they lost both games 31-14 and 40-12. This years edition hasn't faced the likes of last years Wayne County team, but they have faced a good Newport team on the road, who is playing in a regional championship game this week, and came away with a victory 31-22.

Now for some stats. To be fair both stats are through week 12 of each respective year.

Sizemore: Passing 137 Comp 230 Att for 60% comp with 2,369 yards 26TD's 6INT's

Griffith: Passing 99 Comp 163 Att for 61% comp with 2,117 yards 37TD's 2INT's

Sizemore: Rushing 95 carries for 381 yards 11 TD's - 4.01 YPC
Griffith: Rushing 66 carries for 562 yards 12 TD's - 8.51 YPC

Sizemore total yards and TD's 2,750/37
Griffith total yards and TD's 2,679/49

I hope this helps you understand 74 why 64 and the Williamsburg faithful are not worried about there offense.

I understand what you are saying about the stats and you should also look at the total offense numbers. That will tell you why I said what I said about having a new offense this year. They have more weapons this year so it won't be the same as Sizemore accounting for all the yardage. Also, if you reread my posts you should be able to see that I wasn't taking a shot at Williamsburg. I also made it very clear this offense could very well be better. I said that several times actually. The only point I was trying to get across was that they have a completely new group of players that are making up for the total yardage this year. For example, somebody made the comment that they had nine returning starters on offense. However, Williamsburg had a total of 4500+ yards last year and one player was responsible for all of those yards except a thousand of them. In my observation, that means they have new kids getting those yardage totals whom have not yet been through the playoffs having them tested. You're right, they were tested against Newport. They have a descent defense. They also have been putting up several of the same type of numbers, which goes to why I said they could very well be better this year. All I meant was that it could be a question mark because they don't have the same offense that took them to the championship game.
Messages In This Thread
Williamsburg @ Hazard 11-21( Region Championship ) - by baseball1974 - 11-20-2014, 03:47 AM