Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 10 poorest states in the nation.
Bob Seger Wrote:Could be a little deceiving...A home that costs 100,000 in Kentucky could go for 1,000,000+ in California , New York, Chicago, etc. etc, etc...

In business or everyday living in general, it's not what you have coming in that determines wealth, it's what you've got going out.

Thus someone making $80,0000.00 in LA, SanFranciso, New York City, etc, might not be as well off as the person making $40,000.00 in Kentucky, Alabama, when you consider the bank for your buck.

If someone checks the charts on Blue States I think you find that the cost of living is probably way way more than some of what are being called red states...I thought Kentucky and West Virginia were blue states to begin with... How many republican governors have you seen in each state in the last 20 years or for that matter the last 100?

As far as food stamps and other assistant benefits go, you can thank Carl D. Perkins and Robert C. Byrd for destroying the pride and the willingness to work for the areas they were representing. They created far more damage than they ever did good sitting in Washington.

Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Bob Seger is absolutely correct. Level of income is meaningless. It is what you can purchase with the dollars at your disposal. The cost of real estate is probably the best example. A nice home in most of the Commonwealth selling for $200,000.00 would cost well over a million dollars in much of fruit and nut land.

I have a relative who is a lawyer in Los Angeles. He earns multitudes more than do I. However, I have a far nicer home than him. And, while mine has no mortgage, he is paying out the butt.

Thus, TheRealVille's sources are irrelevant (as usual).

Agree with all the above. The argument in RV's link looks persuasive until examined against the backdrop of reality. I have a niece in San Francisco and I can affirm your conclusions are spot on. In fact, I would have said a million dollar home in San Francisco would be more like a 80 thousand dollar fixer upper around here.

The cost of living is insane on the west coast. Construction contractors get paid 5 times as much for their services as do those in Kentucky. Taxes, insurance, you name it are through the roof.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
The 10 poorest states in the nation. - by nky - 10-11-2014, 11:38 PM
The 10 poorest states in the nation. - by TheRealThing - 10-11-2014, 11:41 PM