Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville ranked #1 in 1A, #15 overall
Something is eating at me. We can talk about computer rankings, coaches polls, Lit vs Cal vs Cantrall rankings all we want, but the fact of the matter is it doesnt amount to a hill of beans. For awhile now MF has been tops by a long shot. I dont think thats the case this year. Imo, on paper, the top four are all capable of winning or losing to eachother on any given night. I swear i will get back to my original point...

In the west its a 2 horse race between Mayfield and Beechwood.
In the east, as I state back in April, Pikeville, imo, is the most complete team. They have the credentials, signature win, and a tough schedule that has resulted in an unblemished record to prove that they are the Favorite in the east, on paper. They will be getting Cody Charles soon as well, which will make their defense even that much stronger. Williamsburg had a good win over Newport, but idk how much better Newport is than an Ashland or Prestonsburg, Coal Grove. All teams that Raceland and Pikeville hae beaten reapectively. Hazard looked solid for a half against Pikeville, then their defense fell victim to Mr. Pugh's massacre. If I were to rank the teams after this weekend Id say this:

1. Mayfield/Pikeville
2. Beechwood
3. Williamsburg(they may be legit, but hard to tell at this point due to their schedule, Wayne is no where near what they were last year either)
3. Frankfort (not completely sold on them yet.
4. Raceland/Hazard/Russellville(all have proven to be solid this season. Hazard and Raceland are very balanced offensively, but both have shown to let a big play get the better of them)

Imo, these are the only teams that can or will be getting a shot to play at Bowling Green.

Which brings me to my point. What do the rankings mean or what is their point other than giving has beens like all of us something to talk about? lol. Though MF imo is still the front runner for the title, imo. Im starting to see BW as a similar team to thise they havehad in te past. Wouldnt suprise me to see a BW/Pikeville title game. Still lots of unknowns to really gauge it all.
Messages In This Thread
Pikeville ranked #1 in 1A, #15 overall - by Scotty_Bronson - 09-22-2014, 08:36 PM
Pikeville ranked #1 in 1A, #15 overall - by 64SUR - 09-22-2014, 08:59 PM
Pikeville ranked #1 in 1A, #15 overall - by 64SUR - 09-22-2014, 09:10 PM
Pikeville ranked #1 in 1A, #15 overall - by 64SUR - 09-22-2014, 11:33 PM