Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia Parents waiting on Offers???????
the crossover Wrote:I never alluded to the fact that our family moved. My daughter although she was on the team trying to make a comeback last year is still and has been receiving chemotherapy.... I think it might be of benefit to reread those statements. JJ was never stated or cleared to play under the assumption that we moved to KY! JJ came to Cordia with greater than 3.0 GPA and left with greater than 3.0 GPA. JJ has received awards in Chemistry and Calculus & Trig. so we knew nothing of the credit recovery program and did not need it. JJ was there under the guidance of a family friend who was willing to help. I do not understand the purpose to your statements? let the legal systems handle this and not spread viewpoints or thoughts I have nothing to hide ask; I will do one of two thing answer or not.

1) I'm sorry your daughter has leukemia, but I'm glad she returned to the court.
2) Congrats to your son's academics. Calculus, Trig and Chemistry aren't easy classes.

That being said
- Cordia has nothing to do with Mississippi
- Cordia's academics aren't ranked very high. For someone who prides your son's education, there are THOUSANDS of places you could have taken him. HUNDREDS in Kentucky.

You also said you hope "kids don't leave because of the coach" and you thought "you were doing the right thing to help him get into college"

1) If kids leave, it would seem it could show it was BASKETBALL RELATED (which every parent, Cordia player and supporter are doing their darndest not to admit in public).
2) Doing the right thing is?
- Sending him out to Podunk at a poor academic school (again, check the rankings)
- With a minority enrollment of 6 percent (which has actually trended upward because of all the basketball kids arriving from all points on the globe)
- to play for a school who has had issues getting kids eligible from Day One?

He was probably better off academically where he was.

U.S. News & World Report ranking of Cordia:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/se...clnk&gl=us

http://www.city-data.com/school/cordia-h...ol-ky.html
"City-data.com school rating (using weighted 2010 test average as compared to other schools in Kentucky) from 0 (worst) to 100 (best) is 22."

That's an F-MINUS.

http://local.wfpl.org/kycir/unbridled/
search for cordia
None of Cordia's three schools -- Elementary, Middle, High -- received better than a 47.2. Cordia High was ranked 17th WORST in the entire state (there are more than 200 schools in Kentucky). It has NOTHING to do with size. NOTHING to do with location.

North Laurel, Jackson County, East Ridge, Bell, Greenup are all EKY schools. And all vastly superior to Cordia.

Pikeville Independent is a distinguished school (with better athletics across the board). Small enrollment.

I'm not from Pikeville or ANY school listed. Not from a rival. I'm south of Louisville. Not connected to the big green Catholic schools, either.

So it's not sour grapes.

It's about research and due diligence.
Messages In This Thread
Cordia Parents waiting on Offers??????? - by Mix1 - 03-26-2014, 02:23 PM
Cordia Parents waiting on Offers??????? - by Mix1 - 03-26-2014, 03:22 PM
Cordia Parents waiting on Offers??????? - by Mix1 - 03-26-2014, 04:08 PM
Cordia Parents waiting on Offers??????? - by HDE - 03-26-2014, 06:11 PM
Cordia Parents waiting on Offers??????? - by nky - 03-27-2014, 10:08 AM
Cordia Parents waiting on Offers??????? - by Mix1 - 03-27-2014, 11:15 AM
Cordia Parents waiting on Offers??????? - by Mix1 - 03-28-2014, 05:53 AM
Cordia Parents waiting on Offers??????? - by Mix1 - 03-29-2014, 06:27 PM
Cordia Parents waiting on Offers??????? - by Mix1 - 03-29-2014, 06:32 PM