Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will play Williamsburg for region Pikeville or Hazard
PHSForever Wrote:One thing I caution people about this year is to remember that while what you say is true, Hazard will have revenge on their minds too. Last year (and yes I was at the game) was almost a perfect storm of good offenses met bad defenses. By bad I don't mean untalented or poorly coached I mean having one of those nights where you could be in the perfect spot for a play and it just didn't work. For whatever reason. The main thing is, Ha are had the tall WR to capitalize on perfect location on 2 onside kicks that gVe them great field position late to make the game seem even closer than it really was, then had Jones as a battering ram to take advantage of the field position from those onside kicks I'm most interested in how Pikeville responds to Jones and then if Hazard has developed anyone on the outside to take the load off of Jones. If not it may be a long night for the. Bulldogs. But they are well coached.

For Pikeville, the question is will the balance they have between run and pass hold up and avoid costly mistakes? From what I'm seeing of practice, yes. On defense I also like what I see as well even though it is early. But I'm excited for football to start period. Let's not overlook the first game against Prestonsburg and just take it a week at a time and enjoy the season.

I agree you definitely saw bad defense from both teams. I also agree that Pikeville needs to keep a balance and keep the defense off balance. IF any of you all are going to be at the Perry Central and Pikeville scrimmage at Perry then we may get up with each other and talk some football.
Messages In This Thread
Who will play Williamsburg for region Pikeville or Hazard - by bac2369 - 07-30-2014, 02:45 PM