Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will play Williamsburg for region Pikeville or Hazard
bac2369 Wrote:I am a hazard supporter but I would like to hear the reasoning for giving hazard the nod.

I think the loss of Chase Hall is being very understated.

Hall has not only been a staple in the Panther backfield for three years, he put up absolutely eye popping stats and was the straw that stirred their drink on offense.

The Panther offense, though they ran the spread, essentially was run based. I don't see a replacement who will immediately step in and be near Hall's level...and if their run game i negatively effected I wonder how it will also effect the play of Charles (who is coming off a substantial injury).

With Hazard you have their pivotal player back in Jones and I expect their QB to take a huge step forward in year two.

Now don't get me wrong... even though I have a big concern with Pikeville it doesn't mean Hazard is suddenly the definitive team to beat and Pikeville is some big underdog. I think the two teams are a bout equal as Pikeville still has more than enough capable weapons as well as very nice pieces back on defense along with the biggest game changer in 1A on this side of the bracket in Estep.

I just think Pikeville will have noticeable and at times frustrating growing pains at HB trying to replace one of the most productive Panthers of the past decade.
Messages In This Thread
Who will play Williamsburg for region Pikeville or Hazard - by EKUAlum05 - 07-28-2014, 08:30 AM