Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saint or Sinner?
TheRealThing Wrote:All points very well taken. Where in the world did you find that pic of Hill and Bill?Classic! I believe the reason legislators are willing to offer so much in the way of financial aid at the college level is at least in part, due to the training ground type opportunity our universities offer.

To the bolded. Throughout history, men have imagined themselves to be wise and powerful, and through various means have declared that to be so. Notable examples, to just name a few, Nebuchadnezzar, King Herod, the Ceasars of Rome, Hitler, Stalin, etc. etc.. Hence, this message was delivered to all men, Proverbs 16:18 (KJV)
18 "Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall." America is certainly headed for a fall, and, if haughty would not perfectly define many of the personalities in high office, (and, I would submit, perfectly describe the contention between Dems and Republicans) then, they defy definition. There is a reason that disagreement between the parties at the federal level has mutated into hatred and, it's origin isn't particularly political. It is war between those who honor God and those who don't. Rather preferring to rely on their own wisdom, liberals are the one's legislating against the long standing Godly tenets of our moral code and, IMO, they are the perpetrators of all the vitriol. Why? Because it's personal with them. Kind of like in the movies. You have your Priest duking it out at the spiritual level with yet another possessing spirit, and said Priest says something like the following. In the name of Jesus Christ come out. That's when the victim of the possession starts to foam at the mouth and their head starts to spin around, LOL.

Now, though governments are God's own plan for order among the nations and, have always been requisite to establish civilizations, we can still extrapolate (through scripture) the idea of arrogance out of control to it's logical end. To do that we would need to consider the following;
Romans 1:21-25 (KJV)
21 "Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,"

In the past I have said that America has left the path. What I meant by that apart from the myriad of ills that plague our land is this one simple truth. The Lord said in the Gospel of John that "He is the Light of the World." When men turn their backs on His divine guidance, as we have clearly done, they will inevitably lose their way. I mean, would you throw away your only flashlight while spelunking a cave deep within the earth? Although it really didn't seem so at first, because during those first baby steps we could still see the right road, during the early 60's we were already well on our way to becoming lost. However, at some point the 'right road' did fall from view and, we were at that point, on our own, with only our own sense of right to guide us. It is interesting to note that man cannot rely on his sense of direction, even while trying to hike out of the woods, in that it is a well established fact that we tend to go in circles rather than a straight line. This phenomenon holds true on land and water. America has just one hope.
2 Chronicles 7:14 (KJV)
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

This is why I believe any dialogue intended to shed light on what ails this great land must include the mention of God. We will not prevail in any case, apart from honoring Him as a nation. And, all this bru ha-ha about the so called separation of church and state is nothing more than Satan at work among us to make any mention of our God illegal. So I ask, Who is doing all the pushing where it comes to abortion rights, gay rights, and the effort to expunge all mention of God from the ranks of any form of local, state and the federal government? LIEBERALS.

I went to google images and typed in "Bill Hillary Clinton Hippie." I had seen that pic somewhere before, couldn't remember where though.

The strange thing being, most of these people fighting to get God out of government claim to be Christians. I noticed a big difference in the Republican and democractic conventions this year. The democrats actually had to have a vote (of which was a 50/50 split despite what that mayor said) to include God and recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. I'm not 100% sure on this because I didn't see the convention, but from what I understand the democrats had a Christian prayer, a muslim prayer, and a Jewish leader pray. The Republicans recognized God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. It's like the democrats have something against Christianity in general, even though most claim to be Christians. I think of a professor I had that constantly bashed Christianity, and it stunned me one day to hear her in class say, "I'm a Christian and I go to Church." Of course, she also claims buddhism as a religion as well.

Like you have been saying lately, our only hope is 2014. If we can keep the house and regain the senate, that will be huge. Hopefully Harry Reid's nuclear option will end up backfiring on him.

BTW - Obama is losing media support. The lie of the year was "if you like your insurance plan, you can keep it."
Messages In This Thread
Saint or Sinner? - by TheRealThing - 12-09-2013, 01:42 PM
Saint or Sinner? - by WideRight05 - 12-09-2013, 02:00 PM
Saint or Sinner? - by TheRealThing - 12-09-2013, 04:18 PM
Saint or Sinner? - by zaga_fan - 12-09-2013, 09:31 PM
Saint or Sinner? - by RunItUpTheGut - 12-09-2013, 11:13 PM
Saint or Sinner? - by WideRight05 - 12-09-2013, 11:26 PM
Saint or Sinner? - by TheRealThing - 12-10-2013, 01:12 AM
Saint or Sinner? - by WideRight05 - 12-11-2013, 01:35 PM
Saint or Sinner? - by Granny Bear - 12-11-2013, 03:31 PM
Saint or Sinner? - by TheRealThing - 12-11-2013, 03:41 PM
Saint or Sinner? - by TheRealThing - 12-12-2013, 12:00 AM