Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Kentucky transfer Poole Jr. chooses Georgia Tech
vundy33 Wrote:Yeah Stacey, have fun at an inferior school, playing inferior opponents.

I don't like the fact that he chose to leave, that's quitting, and I don't like quitters. But, I've always liked him and his attitude, so I do wish him luck.

vundy, apparently this kid had interest in leaving before the season. So if he stayed, you honestly couldn't tell me that he was not told by coaches that he will have an opportunity to PLAY! That's what coaches do, and I'm not even saying that is bad. But once school got started and practices began, he saw that there was going to be no playing time!

So he quit, but he quit in order to KEEP his year of eligibility! This isn't like he quit because he got his feelings hurt, he quit for all the right Business reasons. Bottom-line, this is a business, no different than a job. If you start the year with your place of employment, to leave to go someplace else to get a better opportunity is not quitting! It's SMART business! We are not talking about youth league intra-mural sports where dad says "you comitted to this, you are going to stick with it". No, this is evaluating your current working conditions and identifying what is your best opportunities to advance in your working career. Seems pretty damn smart to me!

As for inferior, piss on inferior competition! Piss on chance to win a national championship! Piss on playing for the best program in college basketball history. Piss on all those reasons if he is going someplace t do what he does - PLAY BASKETBALL. He was not going to do that here.

Would you stay Mortons Steakhouse working as a dishwasher making $8 hour, getting 4 hours of work every week to take a job at McDonalds being the floor manager being on salary at $45,000 per year?????
Messages In This Thread
Report: Kentucky transfer Poole Jr. chooses Georgia Tech - by Stardust - 01-08-2012, 10:35 AM